Question: Starting Over

Sev7n

Coming into this game even after spending a good amount of time reading on how things work; i still managed to screw up. The game basically tutors you like crap and the amount of reading needed to understand how everything fully works can take a week+ to get through.

However this is not a complain post.

Instead i'm curious if there is a way to start over.
Can i recreate my account or character if my current one is deleted?
Or is there no way for me to start from the beginning and do things right the 2nd time?

I managed to waste about 100ped now on things i shouldnt have done and now sit on a balance of .64ped. Selling sweat seems to be near impossible, and i'm not about to dump money into the game till im certain i understand how everything works completely. So restarting from the beginning seems like a necessity for me at this point.

What would be the point of restarting? The only thing you get from restarting is going back to 0 skills. Skills require time and money, why throw those out?

Just keep playing, that's the only way to learn. Plus, using entropedia to learn the ins and outs of all the weapons and tools (and skills) is very useful. And, of course, reading the forums.

Coming into this game even after spending a good amount of time reading on how things work; i still managed to screw up. The game basically tutors you like crap and the amount of reading needed to understand how everything fully works can take a week+ to get through.

However this is not a complain post.

Instead i'm curious if there is a way to start over.
Can i recreate my account or character if my current one is deleted?
Or is there no way for me to start from the beginning and do things right the 2nd time?

I managed to waste about 100ped now on things i shouldnt have done and now sit on a balance of .64ped. Selling sweat seems to be near impossible, and i'm not about to dump money into the game till im certain i understand how everything works completely. So restarting from the beginning seems like a necessity for me at this point.
Peoples did that before, so yes, it's possible (but could takes some time).

Contact MA Support. Explain situation and ask them to delete your old account (you will loose all you have there, but as I understand that's what you want).

If you want, I can try to find post made by May on Arkadia forum (she asked to do exactly what you want — delete account to start over on another planet).

Yes, you can ask support to remove your old account and then create a new one. However, you will not gain anything from doing this, only lose whatever skills you have gained so far.

Instead, try to find a good mentor or newbie society to help guide you through what it is you have problems with :) there are plenty of people who do that. Perhaps send in a support case to point out what you had problems with in the beginner/tutorial phase so they can fix that for later :dunno:

Forgot to add:

But unless you want to change avatar gender or change home planet I don't see any other reason to restart.

Or you just want to reread ingame titorials? :scratch2:

P.S. Get yourself good Mentor in any case.

Last edited:
What would be the point of restarting? The only thing you get from restarting is going back to 0 skills. Skills require time and money, why throw those out?

Just keep playing, that's the only way to learn. Plus, using entropedia to learn the ins and outs of all the weapons and tools (and skills) is very useful. And, of course, reading the forums.

Because i could progress faster than i am now and bypass my current state a lot sooner if i was to restart. At the moment i have less than 1 ped, no weapons, and my highest skill is lvl 1. I have only been playing for about a week so restarting is not going to cause me to lose much if anything at all.

Starting over with knowledge of how things work in the game now would allow me to gain a little bit of ped from the beginning missions and mobs along the way and move forward in the right direction with it this time without getting stuck as i am now.

As far as reading yes i already use entropedia but like i pointed out it would takes week(s) to read through everything and understand how it all works inside the game ;p

And ill contact support and see if they can reset my account thx for the info on that :D

Deposit another 100 ped and do right , fews mobs more or free tools in tuturial dont make real diference

Think before act
Analys after act
And figure out you do to improve

What thing for sure, log every transactions you do in game. But I don't mean buying/selling. Ammo spent to hunt, bombs dropped to mine, costs per click for crafting, etc. You want to see how your returns are and where you do best. Logging everything is important. And don't be impatient, it'll end up costing you.

What thing for sure, log every transactions you do in game. But I don't mean buying/selling. Ammo spent to hunt, bombs dropped to mine, costs per click for crafting, etc. You want to see how your returns are and where you do best. Logging everything is important. And don't be impatient, it'll end up costing you.

Thanks ill start to make sure and do this from now on ^^

@Vadio the 100 ped was from mobs / missions / etc. I havnt deposited any money yet into the game, i'm waiting till im certain i understand how everything works in the game before i do that. So hopefully i can get close to that amount of ped after restarting since i wont waste it all on junk this time :p

Only a few things in EU are free. Make the most use of those things you can:
* dying and reviving (as long as you don't wear armor or leave a mob partly damaged)
* chatting/listening
* running/exploring
* beginner missions (and the value of those is minimal)

I think they do newbies a disservice these days by giving them vehicles and weapons, because they aren't encouraged to exploit the free aspects and learn the ropes right away.

I can see any point in restarting. :scratch2: Only if you don't like your avatar name, gender or want to restart on an other planet.

So, even if you start over and do everything "right", you will have maybe a couple extra hours or free game play, maybe. After the first day or two, you are either going to be spending money like everyone else, or you are learn the true meaning of the word "tedium".

The only advice I have is that you should look at the webshop deals before you deposit any more money.

But unless you want to change avatar gender or change home planet I don't see any other reason to restart.

I echo these comments, otherwise why not stick with how you are?

Well I suppose recreating your avatar look could be reason 3 maybe?

I echo these comments, otherwise why not stick with how you are?

Well I suppose recreating your avatar look could be reason 3 maybe?
Another reason could be — wrong avatar name. Seen a lot of peoples who accidentally choose RL first/last name, not knowing it should be fictional. But MA could fix that for free (at least they did that in past).

You need to understand that this is not like any other game where you can just start over. Starting over will as well cost you money in skills you lost due to the new account created. 100ped loss isn't all that big being that it's only 10USD. Best bet is to just slow down and ask more questions about the game. No need to really start over since again the skills you have now on your avatar is worth money.

Edit:

BTW, if you do request MA to allow you to start over your old account will be locked and not allow you to have any stuff from it transferred to your new account.

Last edited:
Back