Harassment in PVP

Let's say Zen is killing that shared trox near rig and just when he is near the end someone pk's him,he tp's back trying to kill it got pk'd again trox regens blah blah the guy keeps killing him(or flaming him behind his back just to interfere with his hunting and makes unnecessary costs to his gameplay),don't let him finish his trox is that harassment?
Or let's say you are doing the same thing at Cayuze(pvp) to someone who is hunting levis is that harassment?

Let's say Zen is killing that shared trox near rig and just when he is near the end someone pk's him,he tp's back trying to kill it got pk'd again trox regens blah blah the guy keeps killing him(or flaming him behind his back just to interfere with his hunting and makes unnecessary costs to his gameplay),don't let him finish his trox is that harassment?
Or let's say you are doing the same thing at Cayuze(pvp) to someone who is hunting levis is that harassment?

It is a shitty thing to do but not harassment.

harassment in pvp? are you joking? what that guy do...SHOOT YOU!!!!?????:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:...crazy!!!

I think it is harassment/trolling the way he describes it :) I mean people are assuming there are no required standards of behavior in pvp but that is not true. The rules are defined for any game before it starts, but here the rules have not been defined so people are interpreting them... Wrongly or rightly.

Only MA can decide if it's ok or not as it's their game.

-kitch

Ever time when non_pvper come in pvp zone is a harashment because he try to steal pkers precious ores by mining there or pkers precious loot from mobs by hunting them in pvp zone or even in hope to feed pkers by being killed and looted to harash pkers full.

Thats obvius harashment.
Lets inplement some sort of avatar karma and lets auto ban every one who try to enter pvp and dont have bad karma as certificate of all rights in pvp teritory.
To get pass one shud kill many ppl in ring or in space first and prove that he has all right on everything in PVP.

So stop harashing - let PVP zone to Pkers to kill each other in peace.

*lol?

Last edited:
I thought the whole point of pvp was it was some where to go where basically there are no rules, players can do whatever they want. If you consider this behavior harassment then stay out of pvp, no one is forcing you to go there. It is like saying, oh every time I go to space those damn pirates shoot me down. Is that harassment, no of course not it is part of the dynamics in that are of the game.

Annoying ? yes definitely it's annoying but harassment, I don't think so.

I agree with the previous post, it is a great screen shot !!

harassment in pvp? are you joking? what that guy do...SHOOT YOU!!!!?????:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:...crazy!!!

Exactly :D

I am not following some people logic here.. The best is when they believe that not letting you finish your atrox is harasement :D, or the flamethrowers..

Guys it's a player vs player zone, you know the rules.. If you don't like them just do not enter.

And yeah, I could destroy few keyboards because some idiot is flaming my armor, but I would never tell myself that it is a harasement.

But god knows, MA has record of acting non-logical. We were even receiving warnings from support for shooting people in PVP zones.. (and it was not one occasion, it happened to X people X times). So I would not be surprised by anything anymore.

if you are just picking on the leaches at Ashi you can do whatever you want its all fair. I have never had action taken on my account for traning, decaying, killing, or trash talking. players who do noting to support the financial health of the game are irrelevant and I have never seen MA take side with somebody from the Ashi welfare line over a contributing player. Think of them as placed there for us. MA takes some of our ped and spawns it as oil to attract the leaches, the leaches are there to attract depositors. its like MA is giving us play things.

you screwed up by making this post now this play thing that has got out of line is aware they have gotten to you. you give it power, now you have to crush your play thing with your wallet put it back in its place. or else it gets the hose again.

i had a great time reading this thread.

some people attacked the poster instead if the problem being addressed.

some people trying to understand the problem.

people's opinions

Paulo's story (that sucks man, im sorry to read that some people took it to the next level)

video's of exploits.

over all its a great read. :wtg::wtg:

The problem here is very obvious.

Too many people seem to consider a PvP zone to be a special place where the rules of civility and common decency don't apply. Newsflash, PvP zones are still part of EU. You should not have a free ticket to harass whoever you want just because you're in a PvP zone.

People are saying pulling mobs to players to kill them is okay in a PvP zone, but what about a PvE zone? Is it okay in both zones? What if I chose to follow 1 person around in PvE and get him/her killed over and over? Most would call that harassment. When you single someone out and make it your purpose to ruin their gaming experience it is harassment, period. I don't care what zone you're in.

If his harasser followed him out of the PvP zone and started pulling mobs to him in a PvE zone to decay his armor more, this is suddenly now unacceptable? No. Stop focusing on the zone and focus on the unacceptable behavior of the player.

when you enter a PvP zone, the warning is a PvP warning, not PK warning...

there used to be signs at the borders of PvP zones saying enter at your own risk...

While I don't really like to see people using the decay strategy to drive others out of PvP areas without the intent to PK, I don't think it counts as harassment (at least not in MA's rule book)...

maybe related, maybe not - When Black Hawk was making a big issue out of telling people not to heal him (thus encouraging everyone to track him down to heal him for the sport of it), I asked support if I was allowed to heal people who asked me not to heal them... they're response was (paraphrasing) - "You can skill whatever you like, wherever you like, whenever possible. There will be no punishment for skilling professions, even if people ask you not to"... so maybe that's outdated, or maybe that applies to this, who knows?! :dunno:

actually to explain it in a way that requires much less thinking...
shooting someone in a PvP zone is not harassment! PERIOD! :wise:

next we will be seeing this thread = "ok, so, I'm a noob at the noob rig, and this uber guy comes and shoots everyone in line, and leaves without even taking oil... is this harassment?! he's way more skilled than us and we're unarmed, so it's way unfair fight, and he depos and doesn't even need the oil and doesn't even take it! so just there to harass noobs?!"... sorry, no! :ahh:

Last edited:
Honestly, what don't you guys understand about pvp? Pvp means that everything goes. No rules or morals, enter at your own risk. If you don't want to lose decay or loot. Don't enter the zone. It's that simple.

Decay is going to happen if you enter the pvp zone.... If you don't like it, don't wear armor there, don't spawn a vehicle there, and/or just don't go there. If decay on armor in Calypso's pvp zone bothers you and you enjoy pvp but not the regular armor type decay you get there, get your ass out of the pvp zones you are going to and go to one Cyrene's hub where the pvp decay cost is 1/10th what you are normally experiencing on Calypso...

Warning though - The weapons/armor/skills you use in the hub is what everyone there can get so it's more of a level playing ground... If you ain't got 'real' world skills and just like buying expensive pvp shit that gives you an unfair advantage, please stay out. Thanks.

(also be aware that the BEAST mob there isn't in an arena so you get regular decay costs instead of the 1/10th cost thing, or at least that's the way it was last time I was there... kinda makes it pricey to skill on that mob since the only weapons that work where it is are the hub ones... so in a way that mob is costing you 10 times what it should cost to kill it?)

Last edited:
Why did you flame the vehicle when none where in it or around? Only 1 thing was this player thinking.
What is that one thing they are thinking? Is it hmm... someone put this damn vehicle here and may be hiding inside but I can't see them since I'm in safe mode or something to that effect? Perhaps you should stop trying to read minds as I don't think the MF chip you have irl is giving you that ability just quite yet.

If I saw a vehicle spawned and no one around it, I'd probably think to myself, why the hell did someone leave this damn vehicle parked here. If they left it here in a pvp zone, I'd assume they want to skill on repair so I'd best damage it for them as quickly as possible to give them the repair skills ability on it as soon as I can since I'll be doing them a favor... What better way to do that then use this little flamethrower?... maybe I should mob train the vehicle so the repair folks can get faster tiers on their armor too?.. or perhaps I'd think they were 'cheating' and using the vehicle as a way to keep mobs from damaging their precious armor or healthbar using the most mobs don't hit flying vehicle exploit (or is it considered a feature instead this week). If they are cheating in such a manner, perhaps I would think it's time to file a support ticket (not me personally since that appears to be a feature instead of an exploit to me as it was sold that way when vehicles first started?) since I could see that as a violation of eula (or maybe a form of harassment), and/or just decay the vehicle as soon as I could to stop the cheating/exploit?...

Lots of people have different intentions in this game...

Remember that when you assume things you are making an ASS out of U and ME when you do.

Planet partners have the ability to remove armor, vehicles and certain weapons/items from pvp zones as demonstrated by the HUB on Cyrene. If the planets such as Calypso choose to allow em, use of the items in the zones should not be considered a violation of eula as eula suggests that the game is provided 'as is.' If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you can't stand the decay and have to complain about it on forums, get out of the pvp zones that causes it.

Last edited:
Ask this question in dev section and get an official response I guess, their game, their rules

Last edited:
I see Some people not understanding decay in pvp. in the instance with the OP its because the person flaming is unwilling to spend on legit pvp to take Kull down. they are more then able with respect to skill and gear they are just to cheap to. they are at the rig for profit and nothing else its not at all about pvp for that person they only want to ride the backs of players like Kull who deposit and in turn support them. The person flaming has no concept of a fair exchange, Kull and other depositors pay for the oil that plays for the flamers game play and in turn Kull paid for him.

When I go to Ashi I expect this behavior, they are upset when you show up to collect fun time you have already paid for. the little brats decay me also, run off at the mouth, pull mobs in, and scream about my being reported, but really a hour at Ashi is never more then 150-200 ped and that's nothing at all. I can spend much more and have much less fun in game.

the leaches will do what ever serves them best. in the same day after kicking Cloud out of the rig "was only him and I" he pulled the atrox stalker on me hoping it would get rid of me, I killed him and the stalker. it was only after he called in support I was defeated and then my self ran mobs in on them all. as I was running them in I could see Cloud yelling at everybody to take video and screen shots to report me for the same thing he just did.

MA dose have a anything goes rule in pvp its because they don't want support nukes by kids QQin about something that dose not matter. its not worth policing such minor crap. let them help people with real problems in game.

so don't let any of this bother you none of it matters. crush em all with your wallet its a few bucks a hour who cares its way to much fun once you let all that pissy shit go and just open the fuck up on everybody. even me! you and your tango are fun even if you shoot with your eyes closed =D

We need a MA support day where the CSR's can say anything they want to a customer while still resolving the customers issue if possible.

write in about shitty loot returns after clicking on condition or somebody shooting a mob you where thinking about tagging and get told to shut the fuck up.

Best regards,
Mindark

I don't understand these raves. You are playing in the sandbox and someone throws sand in your face.
Well shit happens then you die ;)

Kill them all, and let god sort them out! :yup:

Kinda funny that over half of the ppl there are answering in this thread is ppl i honestly never seen at the rig fx :) nothing negative just a obsevation :)

No matter how many times I leave the game for an extended period of time, and then get curious and come back to look around, the one thing I can always count on is seeing some entertaining PVP threads! "Harassment in PVP" that really made me :laugh: Of course there is harassment in PVP, and of course its OK. It's PVP, ANYTHING goes! Deal with it or GTFO. It's that easy (as long as we're not talking about someone using a technical exploit).

I still miss when there were shop cans that were in PVP zones, every once in a while someone would come through and cause mayhem and blast the hell out of all the crafters and people standing at auction, then go camp them at revive and cause a big fight until they got bored, I thought all of that was hilarious :laugh: People would cry, but come on, you didn't have to be there, you could go anywhere else and do those things. At that time most all of Amethera was PVP and I was fine with that. It added risk and excitement and strong avatars could kill other avatars trying to hunt and mine in an area. If someone pissed you off you could kill them, and visa versa. There were actual bounty hunters lol.. It made you think twice when that green dot appeared on the screen! :D And at that time Amethera was big, and there were no vehicles and there was only a couple of TPs so if you got killed, it was a long way back. I was disappointed in a lot of what I considered care bear moves by MA over the years bowing to pressure and taking away those random PVP opportunities.

You are warned before you go into PVP, you are allowed to make a choice to go into PVP, nobody is forcing you to go there. PVP areas are areas where anything goes and they are a great thing to have in the game. I don't PVP anymore if I can help it, but I enjoyed doing it years ago. I just found I wasn't able to compete with those who had seemingly unlimited time and money to buy high end gear, skills and practice. I realized with my pc, connection to the internet, and the latency/lag to the server where so much slower than for other people that I was at a disadvantage, so I quit going into PVP. There was no reason to spend the money if I couldn't compete. I may occasionally venture into a PVP zone for a rare hunt or mine, but I empty my pockets and I know that chances are someone will most likely kill my avatar. But that is OK, its a game, its a risk I take when I go there. There are thousands of other places to go and things to do, you don't have to go there if you don't like it.

Have fun everyone! :)

Kinda funny that over half of the ppl there are answering in this thread is ppl i honestly never seen at the rig fx :) nothing negative just a obsevation :)

I don't go there because I don't like noobs with flamethrowers decaying me! :lolup:

see how that works? :dunce:

I don't go there because I don't like noobs with flamethrowers decaying me! :lolup:

see how that works? :dunce:
Hahaha :p i see your point, but honestly i live at the rig and i rarely been decayed out there:)

Shhhh henxy :laugh: and i sooooooo pk on my fence with my sexy dance :laugh:

stop crying.. this isn't harrassment because you are in a pvp zone. if you are annoyed that he/she is attacking you with a flamethrower to decay your armor then simply

kill them,
remove your armor,
mob train them,
return the love with a flamethrower to them and duel it out to a fiery death,
ignore them,
or leave.

PVP is pvp. Maybe he wants to skill with a flamethrower and he enjoys doing it in pvp the most. What he is doing is nothing illegal, against the rules, or wrong. You have options to deal with your nuisance so stop being such a cry baby and find a way to deal with it. All you've done by making this thread is entice others to repeat the action of the person you are complaining about. In fact, I might even buy a flamethrower and flame you in pvp just so you can toughen up your skin a bit (pun intended).

EDIT:
To answer your question:
This Thread is about harassment in PVP and what others think about it, is it occurring, do others think it needs to be addressed...

I don't think harrasment exists in PvP because it is a PvP zone so anything goes when it comes to attacking another player

No I don't think it is occurring because it can't occur due to the the reason I stated above.

No, it does not need to be addressed. There is nothing illegal happening here besides you getting annoyed that someone is decaying your precious armor (which you are not obliged to wear in PvP)

Problem is that the flamethrowers weren't made with PvP in mind. I Think they were made as a fun BLP weapon (especially the old TT ones), with the local wildlife in mind. On the planet they came from, they can't be used in the professional pvp arena either (the hub).

They cause lag for the one who's hit (flame effects at Close range), and their time distributed attacks decays armor more than a conventional weapon would, giving 1 dmg attacks.

The people who use flame throwers at rig most likely have a better weapon at hand, but they use the flame thrower just to be as annoying as possible and knowing they will decay (L) amor (waiting for the attacked to remove the (L) armor so they can finish it with ML45 or something like that).

Last edited:
Problem is that the flamethrowers weren't made with PvP in mind. I Think they were made as a fun BLP weapon (especially the old TT ones), with the local wildlife in mind. On the planet they came from, they can't be used in the professional pvp arena either (the hub).

They cause lag for the one who's hit (flame effects at Close range), and their time distributed attacks decays armor more than a conventional weapon would, giving 1 dmg attacks.

The people who use flame throwers at rig most likely have a better weapon at hand, but they use the flame thrower just to be as annoying as possible and knowing they will decay (L) amor (waiting for the attacked to remove the (L) armor so they can finish it with ML45 or something like that).
A sound strategy! Ty for brining it up! :yup:

I see this thread is still going on after a while and is on my subscribed ones.
I saw nothing new added to this.

So all i got to add is this.

People that don't know shit about the pvp world and how "ugly" some stuff get because they never experienced, should either try it or shut the fuck up. Its annoying to see all those ethics comments of players that don't know how some stuff rolls

Would make as much sense as I started ranting how to grow onions, because, i know nothing about growing onions.

People that don't know shit about the pvp world and how "ugly" some stuff get because they never experienced, should either try it or shut the fuck up. Its annoying to see all those ethics comments of players that don't know how some stuff rolls

I just know that getting hit with flamethrower by someone jumping around gives you like 0.5 FPS, and you can't fap, use a weapon or anything. And that it's almost impossible to get new Infiltrator (F,L); most likely because of reduced drop of Angel Scales since VU 10.

Problem is that the flamethrowers weren't made with PvP in mind..
If they aren't intended for PVP zones the planet partners have the option of turning them off in PVP zones. As mentioned before, if you don't like the PVP rules on Calypso, move to another planet that has rules for PVP that are more to your liking. On both Rocktropia and Cyrene there are pvp zones that don't allow certain weapons. Vehicles work in the Arctic oil rig but a lot of non-arctic gear does not. In the Hub there's no vehicles allowed and only hub gear allowed. Prefer lootable zones? In space, regular gear does not work, only spaceships and attachments to them...

Calypso devs has decided that anything goes... so either roll with the punches and play by that set of rules or leave and play somewhere where the rules are more acceptable to you.

There's a lot of stuff that always seems to not work as intended. Back a few years ago when I sometimes participated in events at Zychion, including a few pvp type events, I hated that the damn walls would go invisible due to lag after a while. This whole virtual universe is provided 'as is.' Over many, many years I've learned to enjoy it for what it is instead of trying to get em to fix it up the way I want it to be. I suggest you learn to do so likewise. Adapt or die... If you choose to Never Die and always keep logging in, learn to roll with the punches and play by the rules the planet partner your avatar is on is setting for you.

Last edited:
Back