Question: Transport Mission requirements?

Dusk

Elite
Trinity Dusk Trinity
The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

So, with the above in mind what do we think the minimum requirements will be to be able to participate in these Galactic Transport missions? Will it be based on your Captain level, or another level like Gunner, or even depending on unlocking Deep Space Knowledge?

And what level in the profession do you think will you need to qualify? 15? 20? 30 maybe?

Alternativey, will there be no requirement at all? Will a lack of requirements result in a free-for-all in space?

Your thoughts....

I would imagine they will set the Captain level required to get these sort of missions around 20-25 .

I wouldnt think needing DSK would be required at that is quite a mission to unlock for most.

I doubt if they will allow anyone with a really low captain level to get them though.

I think there will be NO requirements. Just balls and peds to burn. As always. :laugh:

I think there will be NO requirements. Just balls and peds to burn. As always. :laugh:

Yup THIS!!!

If you want to gamble buy a ball and try to get it from point a to point b. If you fail and get robbed it is your own fault you took the risk to buy the ball. It will be basically like PVP lootable on land and these balls will be controlled mainly by a couple societys just like the blood moss and pyrite markets are. There is a chance you might sneak one by those patrolling the area but most of the time the societys will run them and get the peds.

On Land WSS and BlackAngles in space Nebvirus and maybe 1 or two more to pop up. MA thinks they are being clever but with how horrible the systems are implemented people will manipulate it, use hacks cheats etc. to turn it into an unfair pointless endeavor for the average players not aware of/don't want to use the cheap tricks or tactics as people call them.

I probably will never try to run one myself, I tried to do the PVP bullcrap on Land, I am pretty sure space will be just as shitty. I lost hope in MA implementing systems fairly and correctly.

...via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

so first check if there is anything to deliver
if no Stop, no missions available
if Yes
Do the people checking the <insert however the missions will be assigned here> terminal have the required pilot skill (Captain level I read here)
if Yes
check to see if those players can deliver in time
if Yes
Does the ship they are using have a big enough cargo capacity
if Yes
Here is your Mission Token GO GO GO
:yay: :wtg:

brass-balls.jpg

Too Short....