old pe posters found

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Moving into the new house, I found some PE mob posters I got a long time ago, still in the original folded state.

Has the PE logo and the copyright is 2005, kind of a neat find...

cool find! Selling them? ;)

Interesting that they had both Eomon and Behemoth on there... :)

Very cool. What is a Squidfish? Also, Second Entity was known as "Secent" back then?

wow, the notalgia is real. Great posters man, make sure to frame them!

cool find!

any one noticed that on these xx years old posters the mobs looks near the same like today.... (hint ce2)

Someone made great concept artwork as for caly fauna back then..all those mobs loked like evolved on one planet ( multi eyes thingy )

Even if some mobs was absent back then they apear again in similar form later efter CE2 even so seems MA stilll using orginal concepts ( Leviathans )

I was always curious about that big grey mobs with tiny back legs...i remeber i saw him in calypso fauna museum in PA somwhere around 2006. It wasn't spawning on widerness. heard if was bit bugged...maybe MA will bring it back ? :)

Awesome poster man! Make sure to take great care of them :D

Also a few mobs/bots on the I've never seen

Wow awesome find. Brings back a couple memories for sure. Miss hunting some of those things on there like the Biffoids and Calumasoid. Hope to see MA bring back some of these.

Must have been something they made around the time that amathera was about to open?
Very fun memories from that time, i remember I was skilling like crazy to be able to be allowed to go there when it opened :)

As I recall, Eomon and Behemoth had not been seen at all yet at the time and was very mythical.

Yeee...Behemoth it was. I proposed MA reintroduction of it in form like DNA parts drop here and there, but seems they are not interested :p

Eomons finally hit cally. Even those 2 strange bots were somehow visible - truck must have been modified miner bot.
Calamusoiids were also on cally few years ago in pvp 1

Tantardion even managed to get new skin + design after being almost extincs ( only one spawn back then very thin ). I remeber showing it for newbies and telling them that those are last few living on cally :) - some were taking gun;s out and started shooting them...lol

Only Behemoth hasn't been here for longer, it was huge mob anyway :) - i think we can call it rarest specie on cally :)

Yeee...Behemoth it was. I proposed MA reintroduction of it in form like DNA parts drop here and there, but seems they are not interested :p

Eomons finally hit cally. Even those 2 strange bots were somehow visible - truck must have been modified miner bot.
Calamusoiids were also on cally few years ago in pvp 1

Tantardion even managed to get new skin + design after being almost extincs ( only one spawn back then very thin ). I remeber showing it for newbies and telling them that those are last few living on cally :) - some were taking gun;s out and started shooting them...lol

Only Behemoth hasn't been here for longer, it was huge mob anyway :) - i think we can call it rarest specie on cally :)

Always was 2 spawns of retardions w/ the twins spawn having 2 unique "zones"

I'm near certain that Behemoth has been in the game. The removal rumour has that it was bugged however, as like many large mobs it could not move over terrain (how people used to trap Hoggs) but with the Behemoth it couldn't move at all properly.

Calam had pvp1 zone and zeus zone.

"Secent" never existed with that name, it was SEG with the intro of TI.

"Secent" never existed with that name, it was SEG with the intro of TI.
Thanks for the info. Obviously lots of mobs have been removed, some never to be added again, but I have never heard of a mob having its name changed (except for maturities like in the case of Thorifoid).

Thanks for the info. Obviously lots of mobs have been removed, some never to be added again, but I have never heard of a mob having its name changed (except for maturities like in the case of Thorifoid).
Well in that case it's not changed as well.
Just used full form instead of abbreviated:

"Secent" = "SecEnt" = "Second Entity"

At the same time it's head still have old abbreviated name - "Robot SecEnt Head" (full name used in description though).

Biffoid became Maffoid. I believe someone complained about the name? Not sure.

Also, Mourners were called Snagglesnots at one point... To try to fit them in with Snarksnots and Snablesnots.

Yeah, heard that version as well and don't know real reasons.
In those posters all three visible though - Maf/Bif/Fef - foid. :)

Also, Mourners were called Snagglesnots at one point... To try to fit them in with Snarksnots and Snablesnots.

Yeah, heard that version as well and don't know real reasons.
In those posters all three visible though - Maf/Bif/Fef - foid. :)
Yeah...I thought Biffoid and Maffoid were in game at the same time. Obviously similar mobs to the point of redundancy, but I didn't think Maffoid was considered a replacement.

More good info there though Aio...I sometimes look at old posts to live vicariously through those who were around before VU10, since I wish I had been myself, and I haven't seen any mention of any of these old mob names before.

Very cool. What is a Squidfish? Also, Second Entity was known as "Secent" back then?

I think Squidfish are renamed to Sonic Squid and they exist on Calypso, I hunt them every now and then.

I was always curious about that big grey mobs with tiny back legs...i remeber i saw him in calypso fauna museum in PA somwhere around 2006. It wasn't spawning on widerness. heard if was bit bugged...maybe MA will bring it back ? :)

Must have been something they made around the time that amathera was about to open?
Very fun memories from that time, i remember I was skilling like crazy to be able to be allowed to go there when it opened :)

As I recall, Eomon and Behemoth had not been seen at all yet at the time and was very mythical.

I'm near certain that Behemoth has been in the game. The removal rumour has that it was bugged however, as like many large mobs it could not move over terrain (how people used to trap Hoggs) but with the Behemoth it couldn't move at all properly.

The Behemoth indeed.

It was never ingame after PE went gold in 2003 so far as I know.

I think it made a short appearance in beta. However it was quickly removed. The only reason I remember hearing was that "it looked too stupid climbing hills". I guess half the mob disappeared into the terrain because it was so big.

Biffoid became Maffoid.

I thought so too. But here they are together. Odd.

Yeah...I thought Biffoid and Maffoid were in game at the same time.

Not so far as I know. It was Biffoid and Feffoid, and then it was Maffoid and Feffoid.

Squidfish have been in game but there was only ever about 68 of them :tongue2:

Perhaps there original intentions were...

Ma-ffoid--Male
Fe-ffoid--Female
Bi-ffoid--Umm...Well dressed and fabulous dancers :ahh:

Love this post.

Nice posters there, I'd definitely keep it for obvious reasons.
And I wish they would bring back the Calamusoids, always fancied I'd loot the armour they used to wear, but never did :) ((wait, that was Umbranoid wasn't it??))

This is what PCF used to be about :)

Could you recreate them by scanning them in, high res and snipping it all together, would love to have that poster.

P.S.
I love the Garbage unit bot :)

Last edited:
Back