5 trick New pets v 3 trick New pets

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I've been having a deep think about this lately and something is bugging me, that I'd like someone to answer.

Are all planets new pets on a level playing field for xp gain? In other words do they skill at the same speed for the highest trick used?

I ask this because as follows:

Let's say MA said to a planet you have a total of x amount of skill gain for tricks on a pet, with a maximum of 5 tricks. It doesn't matter at what level a pet reaches the time on focus regain will always be the same.

That would mean that if a planet decided to spread the 'total' skill across 3 tricks and not 5, then potentially you can gain more XP on each focus turn (time) on the best trick with a 3 trick pet than a 5 trick pet.

I've only tried Caly and RT pets and both these have 5 tricks and level at the same XP.
The Ark Nusul though appears to only have 3 tricks, not seen it personally but that's the impression I'm hearing.

Is the pandi a 3 trick mob? Or any other planets?

Should I take my tin foil hat off, or not?
Are all planets playing fair or not?

Now lets for a moment, assume I'm right. Then when the next set of tricks come out, we need some trick compensation to equal it out across the pets, otherwise the whole thing is bulls*** before its even begun.

Some clarity please.

And I hope I'm wrong

Cheers Rick

I think skilling on different planets is not equal.

My opinion is, it should be, but its not. This would apply to taming, hunting and probably the other professions.

As space is about as fun for me as fossil hunting in Chernobyl, I change planets very rarely. So if I do I'm there to complete a specific goal.

I have no idea about your actual question but the Nusul is a three trick mob...Greet,Dance and Jump which is more like Sniff,wiggle and bow.

I think the Pandi pup is 3 also but haven't checked.

I have no idea about your actual question but the Nusul is a three trick mob...Greet,Dance and Jump which is more like Sniff,wiggle and bow.

I think the Pandi pup is 3 also but haven't checked.

ok I'll explain it better.

Lets say the 5 tricks 'total' 35 XP skill gain across all 5 tricks, it might be:

Trick 1 = 2xp, trick 2 = 4xp, trick 3 = 6xp, trick 4=8xp and trick 5=15xp (total 35)

If you spread that 'total' 35 xp across 3 tricks you might have a distribution something like:

Trick 1=5xp, trick 2 = 10xp, trick 3=20xp (total 35)

now because the time waiting for focus appears never to change, even with skill. Then that means for each time limit waiting for say 99% focus recovery, you can gain more XP on a 3 skill pet than a 5 skill pet.

My question is, does it work like this, or is there some equally factor? so all planets offer the same xp pet skill gain, for the effort and time put in each pet?

Does that help

Cheers

Rick

Oh I understood what you meant I just cant answer as I haven't tested with other pets,interesting theory though.

ok I'll explain it better.

Lets say the 5 tricks 'total' 35 XP skill gain across all 5 tricks, it might be:

Trick 1 = 2xp, trick 2 = 4xp, trick 3 = 6xp, trick 4=8xp and trick 5=15xp (total 35)

If you spread that 'total' 35 xp across 3 tricks you might have a distribution something like:

Trick 1=5xp, trick 2 = 10xp, trick 3=20xp (total 35)

now because the time waiting for focus appears never to change, even with skill. Then that means for each time limit waiting for say 99% focus recovery, you can gain more XP on a 3 skill pet than a 5 skill pet.

My question is, does it work like this, or is there some equally factor? so all planets offer the same xp pet skill gain, for the effort and time put in each pet?

Does that help

Cheers

Rick

It is the same for all the "new" pets.

It is the same for all the "new" pets.

Do you have any data to back that up please?

I do plan to go to ark to get a nusul in a week or two, although I wont be able to test it until its level 7, and then can compare it with a 5 trick pet for xp gain.

Rick

I can't speak entirely for the pets off planet calypso but the calypso pets are pretty standard. Through high degrees of testing tamlin found (he has a thread on it) that the most eco way to train a pet (least cost per xp point) was to use dance when focus is pretty much max. I believe this is mostly because the time you spend with the pet out regenerating focus is the least eco. If I remember the numbers right you get half the xp for the same cost. Therefore I'd imagine that it makes no difference which planet. Use dance. Tamlin is on one of the other planets taming other pets right now. I think he'd have noticed if it was different but I'll ask him and check.

I think you should remove your tinfoil hat. But by all means do some extensive testing and report back :)

Do you have any data to back that up please?

I do plan to go to ark to get a nusul in a week or two, although I wont be able to test it until its level 7, and then can compare it with a 5 trick pet for xp gain.

Rick

5 trick lever 15 PET at 100% focus got 1.7 xP from one dance

3 trick level 9 pet at 100% focus got 1.8 xp from one dance

Seems the same, too lazy to do more tricks since I really don't care.

A panther has 5 tricks: greet, dance, wave, intimidate, jump.
An arret has 5 tricks: greet, dance, bow, nod, raise leg.

Maybe Ark devs were just lazy to add more :)

My Panther is now L12 and the 'top 3' tricks all give 1 XP except when Focus is really low (below 30%), the 'bottom 2' give 1 XP only when Focus is relatively high, maybe >80%, otherwise nothing, but not not really tested this.

My Panther is now L12 and the 'top 3' tricks all give 1 XP except when Focus is really low (below 30%), the 'bottom 2' give 1 XP only when Focus is relatively high, maybe >80%, otherwise nothing, but not not really tested this.

I think you mean the xp percentage which is not the same as xp points. You'll find the number of xp points the tricks give doesn't change based on lvl, but the percentage does because more xp points are required per level the higher the level. You can find the number of xp points the pet has in the information page when it's in your inventory.

Back