Screenshots all black

john cofey

Mature
Society
Synergen
John Jacob Cofey
Hello i really like the entropia tracker tool. I'm new to EU and i have it setup everything works except when i take screenshots with my Print Screen button its just a solid Black Image. I'm not sure what to do to fix that. Any suggestions would be great.

Hello i really like the entropia tracker tool. I'm new to EU and i have it setup everything works except when i take screenshots with my Print Screen button its just a solid Black Image. I'm not sure what to do to fix that. Any suggestions would be great.

Sorry to hear about you having problems with their software. Its nothing wrong with your end even if you use the work around they might give you, you will still get black images sometimes. They don't seem think there is anything wrong with their poor software so this crap has been plaguing us for years

I suggest you switch to the free version of fraps. And only use entropia tracker to press a button tied to fraps for an image capture of a global.

Thanks for the info

There's two fixes.

The easiest, is to run EU in windowed mode.

Or, assuming you have Windows 8, you can right click on the EU program icon, chose the compatibility tab, and check the box next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." To be extra sure this will work, I'd also recommend Chosing to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 7, but I think this is not required.

The second fix allows you to get screenshots in full screen without black screenshots.

If you are in Windows 7 or higher - turn off aero effects. It helped in my case and is one of the reasons why black screenies appear.

To turn it off (Win 7):
Control panel -> Appearance and personalisation -> Personalisation -> Choose one of the standard compositions at the bottom.
(i dont have english version of system so names might differ a little)

Falagor
:bandit:

If you are in Windows 7 or higher - turn off aero effects. It helped in my case and is one of the reasons why black screenies appear.

To turn it off (Win 7):
Control panel -> Appearance and personalisation -> Personalisation -> Choose one of the standard compositions at the bottom.
(i dont have english version of system so names might differ a little)

Falagor
:bandit:

Everything seems to work now thanks

Post them..:D:yay:

There's two fixes.

The easiest, is to run EU in windowed mode.

Or, assuming you have Windows 8, you can right click on the EU program icon, chose the compatibility tab, and check the box next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." To be extra sure this will work, I'd also recommend Chosing to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 7, but I think this is not required.

The second fix allows you to get screenshots in full screen without black screenshots.

I'm on windows 8.1 and I can confirm that this works :)
Now I get screenshots that are ok with entropia tracker.

Back