Entropia Life Broken?

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
Anyone able to log on to entropia life?

I keep getting this error: "Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression."

i get in ok.

Must be account related then. I get it both at home and at work when trying to log in.

Must be account related then. I get it both at home and at work when trying to log in.

The login query returns more than 1 result when trying to login ? Is the username a unique constraint in the database ? If not hat should be changed asap...

The login query returns more than 1 result when trying to login ? Is the username a unique constraint in the database ? If not hat should be changed asap...

I understand each individual word, just not how they work together. :laugh:

Are you saying there's something I can change, or is it something the site administrator would have to change?

I understand each individual word, just not how they work together. :laugh:

Are you saying there's something I can change, or is it something the site administrator would have to change?

Well if my assumption is correct ( which might be or not ) then it can only be changed on entropialife's site. That basically would mean an identical username as yours was registered. The the step where the password hash is compared the single passwordhash is tried to be compared with a multirow-resultset, which is not possible and leads to the errormsg you posted.

This can happen when the database or the frontend does not enforce the username to be unique. To ensure something is unique on persistance / database layer you can set an attribute unique ( http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_unique.asp ). But also the application layer should do that as well to handle the case. However there might be a .net related bug i do not see here which leads to this errormessage.

Last edited:
A couple of friends have said they've reached out to EL.com webmaster, and for that I thank them.

I feel like the easiest fix would just be to change my log in name, and I'd be happy to do this.

It's unfortunate that there is no "contact us" link on the site unless you are logged in.

I tried creating a new account with different name, but of course the site wouldn't allow it as there is already account linked to my EU avatar.

I hope it's taken as a compliment to the developers of entropialife that I'm missing the site so much. :laugh:

You really have made a great site and provide an awesome service. :yup:

I feel like the easiest fix would just be to change my log in name, and I'd be happy to do this.

Well that is only if my assumption is right. Well i hope you can get in there pretty soon.

Still can't get in. Offering PED bonus to an administrator who helps me out or at least let's me know it's being looked into.

Cheers!

Back