FYI: Tamed a Hogglo :)

Salo

Guardian
Society
Rotary International Entertainment
Salonga Salo Calypso
Today I came across a pygmy Hogglo while mining and I had to have it! Never having tried my hand at taming I had to ask in chat what was required to tame a pet. So I rushed off to auction and got the biggest whip I could use. When I got back to where I had spotted the Hogglo Sir Fluid Hat (hope I spelled it right) was already there whipping away at the second one that had spawned.
Being a lvl 6 tamer and the Hogglo being lvl 30 I was not very optimistic :rolleyes:
However it worked on the first try! :yay: I guess it was meant to be. Before spotting that Hogglo I never wanted a pet in this game...

hogglo.jpg

Tamed at: ~80077;92656

Last edited:
EDIT:..well done :)

Last edited:
Was it successfully tamed? where would you spot this hogglo?

I am not sure why the picture does not show. I uploaded it to the gallery under creatures. Last pic added. I will keep trying to get the link working. I have done it before...gogo image linking skills!

Thank you jod for helping out! Seems I am incapable...:(

Reactions: jod
I am not sure why the picture does not show. I uploaded it to the gallery under creatures. Last pic added. I will keep trying to get the link working. I have done it before...gogo image linking skills!

It didn't work when I did it the traditional way either but If you just hit 'reply with quote' on my post you'll see which part you need.

Gz to you Salo!, i never succeded to Tame the Hogglo i was trying on, i tryed to Tame it for 2 hours, eventually i gave upp, the hogglo was chewing my armor and the whip got down very fast :)

where did ya find this Hog?

looks like north of icarus ( by looking at the coordinates in pic)

Gz to you Salo!, i never succeded to Tame the Hogglo i was trying on, i tryed to Tame it for 2 hours, eventually i gave upp, the hogglo was chewing my armor and the whip got down very fast :)

Sorry to hear. I am guessing it was just dumb luck on my part. I am not much of a tamer (lvl 6, all gained through other skills). The whole thing was doomed to fail actually as I had to scramble to find the "attemp taming" button before the Hogglo died or the "respect" (something like that) bar went back up. Not even sure if I can kill mobs with a whip...

congratulation on the find, i was sceptical but it is real ;)

very cool! :cool:

:cowboy::whip:
what a nice new pet you found!!! your a cowboy now :)
:cowboy::whip:

I also question, whether this is real, There has been no notification from MA that the Hogglo is tameable and they have given notifivations on the client loader whenever they have introduced new pets that can be tamed - combibo - corn.

Reference the gateway, they are pygmy chompers and phasms there, I do not recall seeing any small hoglos ther and I do visit and even hunt the phasms there on occasion

It is real, come find me ingame if you want to see it :)

I didn't know these could be tamed. Cool, gotta get me one!

Its photoshopped and besides MA would have put out an announcement.

Its not april fools yet lol :laugh:

Rgds

Ace

Its photoshopped and besides MA would have put out an announcement.

Its not april fools yet lol :laugh:

Rgds

Ace

So did I think. But a friend of mine who didn't believe it either went to see it, and apparently it was real.

Have now seen this. It's real. I spent a while looking for one to tame but couldn't find it before the Hogglo munched on me too bad.

Seeing this ingame right now (tamed hog). Need to check everything :D Time to tame :D

This begs the question ? If as some very respected players in the game are claiming this is real, more important than this Hogglo is the overall taming development going forward.

MA removed taming for a very long time and despite players constantly demanding it return MA took a very long time to re implement it. Perhaps MA decided that if they were going to bring it back then they would have to do it properly and make it much better than the previous system.

If this is the reason that taming has taken so long to come back then maybe we can expect amazing developments in this area of game play.

The initial implementation of taming is already maxed out without further development. When it came back I had no taming skills (other than those collected from performing other tasks) Since taming cam back I have got 3 pets to level 7 and a further at level 6.5, plus various other pets including one ancient at other levels. A reasonable portion of my budget (maybe 5%) has gone on feeding these things and even making me stay on a planet that I am not fond of for 5 days. My taming skills are very low and frankly taming pets is far too easy (i have only been doing it a few weeks) We all know that this is a game of commitment of time and resources.

Taming will not stop here, I suggest this is just the tip of a much bigger iceberg that MA intends to combine with the whole Compet platform. All this suggests that the next stages of taming are going to be much harder, see the previous post in this thread where a player said they tried for a couple of hours to tame a hogglo, with no success. I had trouble taming my first pandi pup on Ark - although once I had tamed 1 the others were easier to tame.

Perhaps the next stage of taming is that MA will just introduce a baby version of all mobs in game - so any animal will be tameable but atm there is no use for a big whip - all the current pets can be tamed with a beginner whip. So my guess is that if you want a pet araneatrox or a Proteron, then sure you can have that but you better have an (L) whip that costs 300 ped, the skills to use it and be level 50 in pet taming profession. Mark my words MA are going to take the bull by the horns (NI ref) and milk this cash cow (no cows currently in game) and run with this until we are all walking around with level 200 pets.

It even seems likely that they combine the new compet platform with the new taming profession, it's brilliant marketing, get us all into taming before they launch the new platform and then BOOM - ready made player base for the new platform - all of us itching to get into it, I am watching this as the biggest development in the game since I started.

Anyone know a good spot to mine Sweetstuff

Buying all your fruits 5 ped per K - PM me

This begs the question ? If as some very respected players in the game are claiming this is real, more important than this Hogglo is the overall taming development going forward.

MA removed taming for a very long time and despite players constantly demanding it return MA took a very long time to re implement it. Perhaps MA decided that if they were going to bring it back then they would have to do it properly and make it much better than the previous system.

If this is the reason that taming has taken so long to come back then maybe we can expect amazing developments in this area of game play.

The initial implementation of taming is already maxed out without further development. When it came back I had no taming skills (other than those collected from performing other tasks) Since taming cam back I have got 3 pets to level 7 and a further at level 6.5, plus various other pets including one ancient at other levels. A reasonable portion of my budget (maybe 5%) has gone on feeding these things and even making me stay on a planet that I am not fond of for 5 days. My taming skills are very low and frankly taming pets is far too easy (i have only been doing it a few weeks) We all know that this is a game of commitment of time and resources.

Taming will not stop here, I suggest this is just the tip of a much bigger iceberg that MA intends to combine with the whole Compet platform. All this suggests that the next stages of taming are going to be much harder, see the previous post in this thread where a player said they tried for a couple of hours to tame a hogglo, with no success. I had trouble taming my first pandi pup on Ark - although once I had tamed 1 the others were easier to tame.

Perhaps the next stage of taming is that MA will just introduce a baby version of all mobs in game - so any animal will be tameable but atm there is no use for a big whip - all the current pets can be tamed with a beginner whip. So my guess is that if you want a pet araneatrox or a Proteron, then sure you can have that but you better have an (L) whip that costs 300 ped, the skills to use it and be level 50 in pet taming profession. Mark my words MA are going to take the bull by the horns (NI ref) and milk this cash cow (no cows currently in game) and run with this until we are all walking around with level 200 pets.

It even seems likely that they combine the new compet platform with the new taming profession, it's brilliant marketing, get us all into taming before they launch the new platform and then BOOM - ready made player base for the new platform - all of us itching to get into it, I am watching this as the biggest development in the game since I started.

Anyone know a good spot to mine Sweetstuff

Buying all your fruits 5 ped per K - PM me

There are armax cows....

Back