Bones

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
Does anyone know what happened to the bone drop for the I've got a bone to pick mission? They used to drop at a rate of about 1 per every 3 punies (or thereabout). Now they are a dropping at a really slow rate. At 1 in 3 that made completion of the mission in about 30k mobs which would have been a reasonable amount for the skill gain. Essentially MA has made the mission impossible to finish unless you buy the bones.

While doing the full puny mission - ie 10k+5k+1k+500+100 = 16600 mobs killed - I looted a total of 1483 Calypso Bone Samples.

Some of those may have come from mobs killed since finishing that mission series too.

That brings the overall average drop rate to no more than 8.9% or so, and so around 112k mobs needed to reach 10k items.

While some sessions had a better drop rate than others, I don't recall any individual session that had a drop rate of one in 3. If you got that, you must be dead lucky :)

I'm currently trying to get the 10K puny mission completed and in the limited time I've had recently over the past 5 days I've killed approximately 800 Berycled and Caudatergus punies and looted 85 bones. So, about 1 in 10 for me. To make things worse, I killed no small number of juvenile berys because I either happened into their aggro range or I failed to look at maturity level before shooting. It's going to take a very long time to complete that mission as far as the drop rate now stands.

Isn't the entire point of the bones that some older players will want to buy them from the newbies to get the reward, thus giving some markup to the Punies for newbies so they can hunt a little longer with their sweat money?

go to calypso gateway

Before the puny loot change the Highland allophyl dropped them 100% of the time.

Gateway still has best rate bone drops

I'm ~3200/5000 at the moment and have about 820 bones (this includes all of the previous quests).

Just trying to help provide data on average returns.

P.S. These were hunted outside Camp Icarus.

I finished my 10k puny recently. I didn't keep accurate data but I would say that I killed at least 8k and got just over 1k bones. Sorry - it's just a rough estimate. I know I started finishing the mission at over 1k kills already done. I ended with 1.3k bones.

It appears by most peoples posts that the rate of drops has changed to 100k mobs killed to complete the mission. It appears MA has shot themselves in the foot again concerning this mission. It originally was a good mission and they virtually ruined it.

It appears by most peoples posts that the rate of drops has changed to 100k mobs killed to complete the mission. It appears MA has shot themselves in the foot again concerning this mission. It originally was a good mission and they virtually ruined it.

I don't know how long ago it was that you got '1 bone / 3 kills', but I did that puny mission over a very long period of time (I started it not long after the 'Bones' mission appeared), and I never saw the drop rate any higher on average than I've posted above.
My hunting was all around Icarus and PA, not Gateway.

I don't know how long ago it was that you got '1 bone / 3 kills', but I did that puny mission over a very long period of time (I started it not long after the 'Bones' mission appeared), and I never saw the drop rate any higher on average than I've posted above.
My hunting was all around Icarus and PA, not Gateway.

I completed the puny missions before there was bones. I got 1/3 when bones first started dropping. Got about 1k bones then quit on them because I had the funds to do other things. I noticed the difference in drop rates when I decide to grind a few to increase mind force skills.

have you tried the gateway yet? when bones first came to be, all gateway mobs except chomper and daiki dropped them every time (that wasn't no loot / frag loot)

Back