Noob Miner - Looking for explanation of the various finders

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Hi,

I have been playing about 3 years and only ever dabbled in mining, mainly I pull up enough oil to run my vehicles , sweetstuff for nutrio bars and nexus for TP chips. If a 100 ped mining run gives me a stack of over 10 - 20 ped of anything else I will sell at MU, small stacks I just TT.

Recently, becoming dissilusioned with hunting - at level 46 laser pistoleer s bad loot swing of a few weeks can be depressing. In the past I have started skilling melee, chips or anything else when loot is bad , to build skills or grind a particular mob for an item - such as hides.

So recently I started to look into mining a bit more seriously and I am confused about the finder F series

Each one seems to search to a different depth, the higher the level finder the deeper it searches. I am maxed on the F103 but a couple of years ago a friend recomended I get an f105 and just use that. although I am not maxed on it it still seems to search deeper than the f103 i am maxed on but all the f series finders use the same number of probes.

I read in this section that it is recommended to use the f101 until you have maxed the f105, being noob at this I defer to the opinion of ppl who have been doing this for years.

My question is this, with guns if you have not maxed them on SIB then they are not as effiecient as guns that you have maxed. Is this the same with finders ? If it is then why isn't the number of probes per hit more for the higher level finders like the f105.

Furthermore, should I really stick with the f101 until I max the f105 or should I use the f103 which I am maxed on and searched deeper than the f101.

I dont want to get into amps atm the moment as I am still learning this profession, I understand the amps give a great haul on each hit, but I am looking for an alternative to hunting when the loot swing is bad, I am not trying to become an uber miner, but it would be nice to be able to mine efficiently for resources that I use in my normal game play.

Any advice would be appreciated

I have no proof of this as i have not tested it, but hunch would be, you get the same tt returns maxed or unmaxed. It seems to only affect depth, and reload speed

Rgds

Ace

Hi,

Recently, becoming dissilusioned with hunting -

My question is this, with guns if you have not maxed them on SIB then they are not as effiecient as guns that you have maxed. Is this the same with finders ? If it is then why isn't the number of probes per hit more for the higher level finders like the f105.

About dissilusion part - you should be ready for long streaks with 60-80% tt retuns in minning.
I´d say, hunt tt return is way better balanced.

On unmaxed finders you pay the same decay for less depth - thats the penalty.

I would use the best possible maxed uL finder If I was you. The difference in decay is really low, but you have better chance to get stuff with some markup.

For 300 PED you can chip in enough skills to max the Ziplex TK120. That is worth every single PED. If you promise to not go chatting too much about it I can give away a spot for you (we are team mates after all) where you will find a good average mu. However, you will be digging 5-6 types of ore, so I'd advice at least some sort of bankroll.

Messing around with the F series is a waste of time and money. Using the F101 is a guaranteed loss since you will be digging lysterium and oil...

Found my 1st tower with unmaxed f-105 here..

Moreover you'll get SIB.

:tiphat:

Have you looked at f-211(l). Somehow ive always prefered it to the f105, and it decays less.
On another note, returns might not be different on a maxed vs unmaxed finder, but why bother risking it ?

Have you looked at f-211(l). Somehow ive always prefered it to the f105, and it decays less.
On another note, returns might not be different on a maxed vs unmaxed finder, but why bother risking it ?

When i first started i used the 211 until maxed the OF105, (now just f105 or f106?), you max the 211 quickly
A good place to start i would say

Rgds

Ace

I did notice different search depths on various finders (I used to mine back in the day), however, I'm quite confused nowadays...

Personaly have a lot of questions regarding the whole mechanic, if it changed, whats the minimal and max ranges a finder works on (when dropping a probe, whats the depth range its searching at)...

For example: I am almost maxing my Finder 105, the thing is, people tell me its a good finder overall and to keep it for a while after maxed, however, shouldnt I be going for something that searches a little deeper, considering my returns? and if so, what to choose from the current market? Is, for example a Terramaster 3 worth the purchase? (even considering the gold rush ones)? Shouldn't I be going for higher mark up ores, rather than the shallow low mark up ones?

I do have quite a few questions myself on this matter, although I don't intend to hyjack this thread hehe.:)

When i first started i used the 211 until maxed the OF105, (now just f105 or f106?), you max the 211 quickly
A good place to start i would say

Rgds

Ace
Thats kinda what I did , 101 >102>103>211>213 then 105

Back