Tiering incentive (question/suggestion)

LunaMoon

Provider
Lunareth Luna Moon
Not being fully familiar with the tiering system yet, I'll be making assumptions based on what I have seen and read about it.

As I understand it enhancers add a % benefit to the item based on the type. This is added to the items base stats.

So in theory you'd pay the same price for an enhancer used on a low lvl item compared to a high lvl one.

Let's say an lc100 compared with an opalo. Since the base dmg of the opalo is much lower than the lc100, the enhancer would be less beneficial on the opalo (or more or less useless cuz of the % addition).

So in practice no sensible person would actually use enhancers on low lvl gear beacuse of the limited benefit compared to the price of enhancers. Which makes the tiering of low lvl items more or less pointless.

If my assumptions above are correct my suggestion is this:

How about adding a secondary incentive to motivate tiering? Such as adding i.e. 1-2% bonus to the items base stats for each tier lvl (obviously should be well balanced so it don't ruin the vaule of enhancers and such). With this sort of mechanism in the game, tiering low lvl stuff would be worth it too because of the added bonus.

I understand that this game is based on real economy and adjusting these type of features can affect the ingame market. However I believe this type of change can be beneficial in the long run and actually make tiering and tier levels on L and UL items more "attractive" even for low lvl players.

/Luna

Low level weapons have lower break rate per nr of shots or peds cycled than higher level weapons. And i asure you there are low level weapons where it is good to put them on. Some time ago one of the Dev said the break rate chance is proportional to "usefullnes" of an item whatever that means - but to some level it seems to be true.

Whats more - each weapon has different break rate ratio per peds cycled and differs a lot. Faster weapons tend to break enhancers faster but its not linear proportion for sure.

Only way to know if it is worth using enhancers on particular weapon or not - is runing like minium 10k peds or 100k shots and keep stats. Avg value on break rate is what matters in the end.

To make things much more complicated it seems that enhancers tend to break "in waves". So sometimes you can cycle 1k without even single one broken on 5 slots filled and then 10 will break in 300peds cycled.

Falagor
:bandit:

I use damage enhancers on my z12 barbarella. I was against enhancers for a long time cause of the cost but a stack of 20 on each slot (its tier 2 atm) has lasted me for months. The break rate seems to be low for the smaller damage weapons.

I use damage enhancers on my z12 barbarella. I was against enhancers for a long time cause of the cost but a stack of 20 on each slot (its tier 2 atm) has lasted me for months. The break rate seems to be low for the smaller damage weapons.

If that is true, then my suggestion in op would be overkill. Problem is MA refuse to share info like this. I understand why, but at the same time if they'd simply confirm that the break rate of enhancers on lower lvl items is indeed lower than for higher lvl items, I myself and I am sure others would seriously consider using enhancers on low lvl gear as well.

Thanks for your comments. Guess this was a crappy suggestion if your statements are true.

If that is true, then my suggestion in op would be overkill. Problem is MA refuse to share info like this. I understand why, but at the same time if they'd simply confirm that the break rate of enhancers on lower lvl items is indeed lower than for higher lvl items, I myself and I am sure others would seriously consider using enhancers on low lvl gear as well.

Yes better/more info would be nice.

Back