Suggestion: Provide limited crafting bps to regulate the market

LunaMoon

Provider
Lunareth Luna Moon
Again, I am quite new to the game, so feel free to adjust anything that might be incorrect.

As a low lvl hunter I see a big hole in the weapons market, where most weapons seems to be looted on mobs rather than crafted by players. The problem with this is that the market is very unstable and a lot of L weapons are priced so high that you either have to pay the high mu and "kill" the eco of the weapon or simply wait and hope you can find a reasonably cheap gun that you can actually use.

Mindark needs to make new weapon bps that are limited and create limited weapons. These bps should use different minerals and not have too many different types of materials to create. This way Mindark can regulate the droprate of these limited bps to suit the market.

Another factor that should be taken into consideration is to make the three "professions" dependant of each other. Hunters should mainly rely on crafters to provide L weapons and in return crafters should rely on hunters and miners to provide the needed materials to craft the items.

As an example (this is oversimplified ofc to try and explain my point):

Let's say the price on blausariam and muscle oil are very low, but lysterium and eye oil is high. Mindark should then "release" limited weapon/armor/fap/etc. bps that use the low MU items so the supply is used and prices increase and at the same time the low mu on materials lead to hunters/miners getting crafted L items that might be reasonably priced due to the low MU of materials needed.

Obviously don't know how MAs loot mechanics work, but if they can regulate what drops and when it drops like this, they could quite easily regulate the market so each profession always have something useful to do and a stimulating economy with peds/goods circulating between the different professions.

I do not think that weapons and such should be removed from looting mobs, since this can be a good secondary tool for MA to regulate the market. Let's say crafters don't provide the items as expected by the droprate of L bps, then MA can simply regulate the droprate from mobs to regulate the lack of the specific items.

The "problem" with online games is that a lot of things in the game is affected by the people playing it, so it is hard to foresee what will happen and what can happen and it isn't always good to regulate too much. I do however see a problem with the games "economy" when i.e. hunters/miners can be pretty much "self-sustaining" without having to buy crafted items.

I am certain this suggestion has many flaws, but it is always healthy to discuss matters like these, since it can provide developers with useful information.

As Captain America said in Fantastic Four "Flame on!"

/Luna

MA has reasons for how they balance things, and they see the big picture, its fine the way it is.

Let's say the price on blausariam and muscle oil are very low, but lysterium and eye oil is high. Mindark should then "release" limited weapon/armor/fap/etc. bps that use the low MU items so the supply is used and prices increase and at the same time the low mu on materials lead to hunters/miners getting crafted L items that might be reasonably priced due to the low MU of materials needed.

The goal of balancing is not to maintain certain price level, nor to have "stable prices", or anything like that. Balancing targets activity levels (across servers, across professions, etc.).

For that purpose, changes in L blueprint drop rates are already being used (either manually, or there are automatic balancing mechanisms - I don't know, and it doesn't really matter). One example: when redulite went up tp ~700% and crafting/using level 13 amps became more expensive, more resonation amplifier blueprints (L) started to drop, enabling production of more high-end Terra amps - so that no gambler would be left without their big amp.

In a remotely similar manner, taming activity level is regulated by the drop rate of L whip blueprints - and it seems MA wants yet more taming to occur. :)

Welcome don't EU, don't let the replies scare you off, sometimes there are friendly people too :yay:

<removed> my point was, that you must always be prepared to change your approach, its called adapting and a vital component if you want EU to be a less frustrating experience.

If MA introduce something that will cause MU on a resource to drop, and you rely heavily on MU for that resource for your activity, change activity instead of suggesting MA to make changes.

They got this, we dont have to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP how about you check Entropedia, and see for yourself, theres already a shitload of L BPs for weapons in game.

Last edited:
While my cat enjoys bickering, I'd prefer if you keep it out of this thread since it isn't on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP how about you check Entropedia, and see for yourself, theres already a shitload of L BPs for weapons in game.

Some of us have thousands of them, I have most of them (feel free to see on the link in sig).....sadly many of them have parts that stopped dropping.

There is too much variety on weapons/ and skill to create stable demand on most crafted weapons. Once you invest in making a few 300 ped guns, that sell regularly... at some point the buyer moves up and you are stuck trying to sell guns only a small % of the population is optimized for. Not only is the ped tied up, but you are competing with pages upon pages of dropped alternatives, that didn't cost 150% in markup to make to boot.

Sad part is that Ive seen so many mined and looted parts for crafted weapons drop MU due to lack of use...in the end the miners and hunters lost alot of nice markups. The only trade off seems to be (L) items found in hunting that have lower mu....seems good for the people who want to find gear hunting...not so good for the bottom line in the end.

OP sees an imbalance, just not in the way that MA makes it very easy for anyone to really see until you craft...The balance is way off, and as long as (L) drop in hunting...will always be way off.

Last edited:
Some of us have thousands of them, I have most of them (feel free to see on the link in sig).....sadly many of them have parts that stopped dropping.

There is too much variety on weapons/ and skill to create stable demand on most crafted weapons. Once you invest in making a few 300 ped guns, that sell regularly... at some point the buyer moves up and you are stuck trying to sell guns only a small % of the population is optimized for. Not only is the ped tied up, but you are competing with pages upon pages of dropped alternatives, that didn't cost 150% in markup to make to boot.

Sad part is that Ive seen so many mined and looted parts for crafted weapons drop MU due to lack of use...in the end the miners and hunters lost alot of nice markups. The only trade off seems to be (L) items found in hunting that have lower mu....seems good for the people who want to find gear hunting...not so good for the bottom line in the end.

OP sees an imbalance, just not in the way that MA makes it very easy for anyone to really see until you craft...The balance is way off, and as long as (L) drop in hunting...will always be way off.

Thanks for this clarification. Seem you know what I was trying to hint at. I'll just have to invest more time into the game and see if my opinion changes.

Back