Merry Mayhem 2014 Results - Solo

Maybe it should be both dps and luck based, each mob gives a base point like now and on top of that you loot points like in halloween and robot mayhems.

Lol @ you guys whining in 14 pAgnes about a gun :p

Btw mods, isn't this off topic?

The gun is fine. The owner should be able to use to win ONE cat every mayhem for eternity.

It is the event allowing them to use multiple avatars and trade the gun that is the issue. That is MA...not the gun...I have no problem with the gun. I think no one here would would complain at all if Linz won his category with it every year.

The issue is the event design.

And that is on topic.

And that WILL change. And neither you nor kestukis will be able to protect them anymore, nor will you need to try to steer shit off of the real issue anymore. So stop it.

i bet 10k ped against this...

Hehe. Got the same feeling. The same people will find something else to whine about.

And to the people over, the gun is not owned by one avatar. The price at the time of the sale was high and I guess it's the reason it wasn't sold to one avatar. It was high just because both the buyer and the seller saw the potential of this gun. This is a RCE and they saw that this gun combined with their skills was a good investment just like anyone else could have done. What we see here in this thread is a shitload of people that don't get that this was a thought trough high risk investment that is now paying off. Anyone was free to do it but few have the balls to do so and figures that it's easier and risk free to whine on the forums.

Hehe. Got the same feeling. The same people will find something else to whine about.

And to the people over, the gun is not owned by one avatar. The price at the time of the sale was high and I guess it's the reason it wasn't sold to one avatar. It was high just because both the buyer and the seller saw the potential of this gun. This is a RCE and they saw that this gun combined with their skills was a good investment just like anyone else could have done. What we see here in this thread is a shitload of people that don't get that this was a thought trough high risk investment that is now paying off. Anyone was free to do it but few have the balls to do so and figures that it's easier and risk free to whine on the forums.

No, YOU still don't get it. No one is mad at Jimmy and Linz for using THEIR gun to win THEIR category (5). People are upset that their friends or *possible* alts are using this gun to win OTHER categories. They could lock down Cats2-5, top 3 in every cat, forever. So what would be the point in this event even taking place? MA can just give items to them every year, and their 10 other friends.

It's really blowing my mind, that throughout this entire thread, you have yet to understand this. Why is it you think people are made about them winning #1 and #2 in Cat5 with a gun they bought?

I don't know how MA might handle this in future but for sure it sounds a bit unfair to see MANY of the top weapons being shared to win top places in more than one category.

Others Calypso events, with different way to collect your score points, sound more fair nowadays than Xmas Mayhem.

No, YOU still don't get it. No one is mad at Jimmy and Linz for using THEIR gun to win THEIR category (5). People are upset that their friends or *possible* alts are using this gun to win OTHER categories. They could lock down Cats2-5, top 3 in every cat, forever. So what would be the point in this event even taking place? MA can just give items to them every year, and their 10 other friends.

It's really blowing my mind, that throughout this entire thread, you have yet to understand this. Why is it you think people are made about them winning #1 and #2 in Cat5 with a gun they bought?

To be strict about this, regardless of where the peds come from only one person owns the gun in MAs eyes (the guy who's holding it). To say it's ok for 2 people to use the gun in an event is to say it's ok for 12 people to use the gun as long as they have all chipped in to pay for it.

Try looking at it from their perspective. I see it as a opportunity for them to make back more of their investment since this gun obviously was not free. It was also on the market before mayhem so if you wanted you could have bought it and only won your category if that was the main thing. Hunter is strykers RL brother and he is for sure no alt, Braxhona was constantly fapping stryker for years. If I owned this gun I would have lended it to my little brother or to a friend that used a LOT of his spare time on helping me if they asked.

I don't get why I bother to "defend" them but I find the discussion really stupid and childish and can't keep myself I guess.

Maybe it would just be enough to introduce new (L) weapons that beat Terminator in dmg/sec and require relative high skills, so to allow Mayhem partecipants to invest into gear for an event and to balance a bit the event.

There are already wepons that can be used only in Cyrene Hub, so why not exeptional weapons that work only in dungeons and event areas?

This would keep the possibility to win prizes with unL weapons but not to be 100% sure to get first position each year.

Maybe it would just be enough to introduce new (L) weapons that beat Terminator in dmg/sec and require relative high skills, so to allow Mayhem partecipants to invest into gear for an event and to balance a bit the event.

There are already wepons that can be used only in Cyrene Hub, so why not exeptional weapons that work only in dungeons and event areas?

This would keep the possibility to win prizes with unL weapons but not to be 100% sure to get first position each year.

The terminator isn't really a big problem. It's just a few people here that is trying to create a problem. Before the terminator the helena-whining-choir was whining about Star using DOA impsh with his skills it was really unfair. Before that I think it was about Mod-dar and Art of war and so on. Believe me, they will find a new thing to whine about.

The terminator isn't really a big problem. It's just a few people here that is trying to create a problem. Before the terminator the helena-whining-choir was whining about Star using DOA impsh with his skills it was really unfair. Before that I think it was about Mod-dar and Art of war and so on. Believe me, they will find a new thing to whine about.

It seems like the problem is not the Terminator itself, is the abuse of it to collect top prizes. To have an event that already have the first prizes "reserved" sounds unfair, regardless the highest chance to win these prizes from who invested in gear is to be kept in some way.

It's a matter of balance, if MM would be balanced the top prizes would be accessible to more than one player but this isn't how it works now.

It seems like the problem is not the Terminator itself, is the abuse of it to collect top prizes. To have an event that already have the first prizes "reserved" sounds unfair, regardless the highest chance to win these prizes from who invested in gear is to be kept in some way.

It's a matter of balance, if MM would be balanced the top prizes would be accessible to more than one player but this isn't how it works now.

You are absolutely right about reserving all the top prizes for one weapon being unfair. Minim keeps arguing about how the owner should be allowed to win. Duh, we all agree. I never cared that Star was using the Imp DOA to win stuff, but if he threw it to his 10-12 closest friends to also "reserve" the prizes, then it's an issue.

Simple solution, as stated before, item sets must be REGISTERED to an avatar prior to competition commencing.

Bah I won't waste my time with this anymore. If you think it's this black and white they have fooled you already.

You are absolutely right about reserving all the top prizes for one weapon being unfair. Minim keeps arguing about how the owner should be allowed to win. Duh, we all agree. I never cared that Star was using the Imp DOA to win stuff, but if he threw it to his 10-12 closest friends to also "reserve" the prizes, then it's an issue.

Simple solution, as stated before, item sets must be REGISTERED to an avatar prior to competition commencing.

Yeah it's all about one item and not about a combination of great gear and skills. c'mon ^^

Yeah it's all about one item and not about a combination of great gear and skills. c'mon ^^

No, of course skills and gear matter together. But a low level "friend" can still use non-SIBs like Terminator loaned out to them, and even without maxing it, absolutely wreck all the people in that category that are actually using their own gear they've worked for.

In Category 5, skills definitely matter the most because it comes down to super high evade/dodge and HP.

I'm struggling to think of other competitions in the world where its okay for competitors to share equipment with their friends. Certainly none of the Olympic competitors share equipment. You won't see the USA build the most amazing bobsled ever, and then let Britain and Sweden use it. Sure, we're all friends, but its simply not allowed. Officials have to check registered equipment for all teams prior to competition, after that, no swapsies!!

No, of course skills and gear matter together. But a low level "friend" can still use non-SIBs like Terminator loaned out to them, and even without maxing it, absolutely wreck all the people in that category that are actually using their own gear they've worked for.

In Category 5, skills definitely matter the most because it comes down to super high evade/dodge and HP.

I'm struggling to think of other competitions in the world where its okay for competitors to share equipment with their friends. Certainly none of the Olympic competitors share equipment. You won't see the USA build the most amazing bobsled ever, and then let Britain and Sweden use it. Sure, we're all friends, but its simply not allowed. Officials have to check registered equipment for all teams prior to competition, after that, no swapsies!!

lol you could at least use 2.5 minute to do some research before you jump onto helena's mumbo jumbo. Terminator is a sib gun and can't really be useful below it's level to use like most other sib guns.

The obvious solution to Unique Dub & McCormick Terminator is removing 'Unique' from it, by introducing more comparable weapons.

lol you could at least use 2.5 minute to do some research before you jump onto helena's mumbo jumbo. Terminator is a sib gun and can't really be useful below it's level to use like most other sib guns.

I stand corrected on that, but I honestly thought that gun existed before SIB weapons did. I've played this game 12 years, so you'll excuse me if some of my timelines are erroneous.

Great, now I actually despise this gun more with its super low SIB, and all that does if further bolster my argument. Now the low level friends can wreck those categories even more than before.

You still failed to offer a counter point to my analogy.

Its not the gun; its that MA needs to evolve the mechanics of future Merry Mayhems hopefully. I've asked MA via support case to survey or take a poll on how to improve or make the future of MM events better or in the eyes of keeping MA's reputation legit/stable (balancing player base you could say by listening to their customers). This is coming from my participation that I did not rent any gear out and used my own hard earned gear, and knew the risks of competing in MM. I had fun, made PEDs, and learned a lot and hope to do better...just didn't like the fact that multi-avatars winning in my category; thats all; moving on.

So, how do we as a community in EU suggest on the future mechanics of MM (via polls/surveys submitted to MA)? (Do like the Halloween Mayhem mechanics of collecting pumkins as pts?).

Regards,
Vi

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I belive MM will change next year now that the full sets of MM armor are out and so much time has passed since it's started

So, how do we as a community in EU suggest on the future mechanics of MM (via polls/surveys submitted to MA)? (Do like the Halloween Mayhem mechanics of collecting pumkins as pts?).

Merry Mayhem is a Calypso event. Weren't CLD owners promised votes at some future date? (This was a couple years ago now...) This seems like a great chance for MA & Calypso to follow through on their promises.

Try looking at it from their perspective. I see it as a opportunity for them to make back more of their investment since this gun obviously was not free. It was also on the market before mayhem so if you wanted you could have bought it and only won your category if that was the main thing. Hunter is strykers RL brother and he is for sure no alt, Braxhona was constantly fapping stryker for years. If I owned this gun I would have lended it to my little brother or to a friend that used a LOT of his spare time on helping me if they asked.

I don't get why I bother to "defend" them but I find the discussion really stupid and childish and can't keep myself I guess.

How do you NOT get it?

What is the point of having categories, if you can pass guns around and the same people can win ALL the cats???

Ask yourself that.

Wtf is the point of having categorizes?

You can't drive an F1 in a fucking Nascar race.

You can't ride a 500cc dirtbike in a 125cc class race.

So wtf is the point of having categories and then letting the same gun be used in all of them? Answer that question for me, and you will amaze me. To lets friends use it? NOPE...not good enough...Sebastian Vettel can't lend his car to fucking Dale Earnhardt Jr.

But you can't answer that, and MA will find a way to fix it, and your antagonistic always-contrary opinions will be moot like usual.

Last edited:
Solution is simple: make one more category for all Terminators users with only first place prize. Now they are confused and attend all categories. Seeing how passionately they want to compete I guess it will be popular category.
:lolup:

yeah wtf is the point with categories. When there was only one category mayhem was fun!

I LOVE that you mentioned the Neuro Stims. Yes, we were able to use them so we could keep up with the Terminator.

OH WAIT! This is the DUMBEST thing I've read! Why? Because the minute Terminator users use the Neuro Stim, any ground gained by EVERYONE ELSE is gone. Do you REALLY think that a Cat3 or Cat4 competitor can come EVEN CLOSE to the Terminator with Neuro Stims? Even EMW couldn't compete with the Terminator using Neuro Stims, and he has the second best DPS in game. He didn't finish his hours, but if he had, he still wouldn't have been close to those top 2 scores in Cat5 even using Neuro Stims.

And what is the price for the Terminator? Do you really think someone in Cat3 is going to be able to afford that gun? If they could they wouldn't be in Cat3. And they sure as hell aren't going to loan it out to people they don't know which is 99% of the population.

Not to mention, if the owners are loaning the Terminator out to other avatars, but playing the avatars themselves... kind of against the EULA isn't it?

This reminds me of the real life issues we face right now. The 1% will ALWAYS make excuses for, and back up, the other 1%. With the exception of very few, I don't think Star and EMW are okay with this mess.

You are proof of this. You've only been around for a few years and bought your way towards the top. The rest of us who have played hard for far longer, who cannot afford to just purchase uberness, do NOT like cheating by the rich.

Oh, and I've witnessed Linz hunting outside of competition with the Terminator, because its not just useful for those scenarios.

Quit being so negative about things. I simply tried to discuss things in a civil manner and you attacked me and even gave me negative reputation. How thoughtful of you. If you don't agree with something then don't participate, plain and simple. Do you ever see me participating in shard loot events? No. I also don't come on here to complain about it either.

~Danimal

Quit being so negative about things. I simply tried to discuss things in a civil manner and you attacked me and even gave me negative reputation. How thoughtful of you. If you don't agree with something then don't participate, plain and simple. Do you ever see me participating in shard loot events? No. I also don't come on here to complain about it either.

~Danimal

Actually, you'll notice I replied in a similar matter to your post, using bolds/caps/etc to highlight sarcasm (as you did).

Stop whinning and go enjoy the game the way it was meant to be. If you feel that it is SO unfair...

You also threw out advice, such as "Go buy the Terminator yourself" or "How come people didn't bother to upgrade...". You may think you were being civil, but your response is brimming with slight, sort of backhanded advice.

I didn't participate in MM, I did a few hours for fun and left it at that. So, I believe, I am not participating and then coming in here and complaining (as you mentioned). Your few responses in this thread are making a lot of assumptions about those who have responded with complaints and suggestions. That is why I neg repped you.

You should demand of MA to check how many of the players in the top has double avatars because it is forbidden by their rules.

:twocents:

You should demand of MA to check how many of the players in the top has double avatars because it is forbidden by their rules.

:twocents:

There is no way to prove who is behind the keyboard. The most they can do is ask the avatar in question to send in identification documents. If these are brothers, mothers, cousins, etc., it probably won't be hard. Everyone can just forget about this approach.

Back