Estate Trades are bugged

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Heary, heary!

Estates are bugged. It is now possible to trade estates in unrestricted state DESPITE the terminal saying that it is not possible. This is a RECENT bug since I only a short while ago STRUGGLED TO PULL OFF A TRADE DUE TO RESTRICTION SETTINGS.

First we forgot to set actual shop, trade could not be finished. We fixed it, but missed to set the display area. Trade could not be done. Only once all estate deeds in trade window ARE SET TO REsTRICTED, the trade is supposed to go through.

This is how it has worked, and should work, but not now. I just tried to trade an unrestricted shop deed with a friend, and it goes through.

Filed support case notifying about the bug and asked to be reimbursed. I thought I would give you all a heads up: Put all your estate deeds in storages because trades are bugged.

Last edited:
I have my guesses: Selecting more than I was supposed to when I dragged PED to the trade window. Always carry them around in case I want to put up a new sign or someone offers a once in a lifetime deal.

But still, it is bugged; didn't see deed in trade and trade went through in untradable state.

I bought an apartment some time ago on arkadia that I found was overpriced, but the reason was it had some items in it. Was also not restricted so the former owner (PEE PED PEC) took the items out. By placing untradable items in it he had prevented me from claiming the deed.

After sending a support case one of the replies contained the phrase "The function works as intended and is not bugged." referring to the restriction system. Posted the problem long time ago https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-own-an-estate-you-buy-nor-the-contents-in-it! but no action seems taken on this.

Really you are lucky that a player returns it to you, as support will disagree the restriction system for estate deeds is broken.

I bought an apartment some time ago on arkadia that I found was overpriced, but the reason was it had some items in it. Was also not restricted so the former owner (PEE PED PEC) took the items out. By placing untradable items in it he had prevented me from claiming the deed.

After sending a support case one of the replies contained the phrase "The function works as intended and is not bugged." referring to the restriction system. Posted the problem long time ago https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-own-an-estate-you-buy-nor-the-contents-in-it! but no action seems taken on this.

Really you are lucky that a player returns it to you, as support will disagree the restriction system for estate deeds is broken.

Really?

Because there are two settings and it is spelled out quite well:

Unrestricted: items can be added and removed, sale cannot be made.
Restricted: items cannot be added or removed, sale can go through.

From my understanding, looking at the descriptions, this should protect the buyer from what happened to you. It does not work as it is stated to do.

I am lucky Snable got the deed, but I kno that there are plenty of people out there who would run away with it.

Back