I fear for the Survival of EU.

With the prices of amps going down (the L amps), you really don't need to purchase a UL amp. And the Imp driller really doesn't add much to a miners capabilities. True, the Imp Excavator has 1/2 the decay of like the ME05, but even then the ME05 hardly decays. Mining requires the least investment, in my eyes.

/me started to cry and dropped his stupid gear in TT

LEt's start off with Hunting and while some people ramble off random figures for hunting the reality of this is that for every 100 or so mobs you hunt the number of no looters vary on the loot pool for any given day.. So on some days when the loot pool is good, the returns can be as high as 95%, while on bad days we're talking as low as 75%.

2. Moving onto mining, the reality and stats are as follows and this goes for this lot and if you think Miners are going to hit it big, it's the ones who buy the amps who make the most or lose the most.. Why?

again let's look at Statistics.. Mst miners thing that they're going to hit the same rate as hunters or even crafters, the reality is they're not. According to sources I have, the actual return rate on a good day might be in the 30-35% range.. on a bad day? Maybe 20 %.. The Average is about 1 in 4 or 25%.

On a bad day, hunting returns can be as low 75%? As high as 95%? I don't think you hunt that often. I've had hunting days with returns as low as 30-35%. I've had single runs that sometimes return 95%, or even a slight profit. I have maybe 1 or 2 days every YEAR where the entire day returns above 95-100%. 99% of the days I hunt return much lower. I'm not sure where you have gotten your "stats" from.

And you are correct about the average miner getting 1 in 4 hits. Keep in mind most unamped claims are worth 1.5-2.5 PED per claim, which averages 50-60% return every 4 bombs. Of course, the occasional medium, ample, or large hit boosts that up.

Hunting and mining, in reality, function very similarly in returns. The mechanics just operate differently. However, as of lately, I find my hunting returns generally being worse than mining. To be fair, Calypso seems to be worse in both aspects than Arkadia.

The problem with your argument, and stats, and those of most people who post cannot possibly represent that of EVERY player in this game. I can tell you how MY loot functions in different professions. But I cannot tell you that this represents every single player.

What we can do is look at statistics on Entropialife for each profession, but this still doesn't take into account how much PED is actually being cycled in any given profession. The one thing we do see is a significant drop in decent loots following gigantic hits, like a 200k Kong. Now the issue hunters have seen recently is that most large hits are on Shared Loot mobs, as Danimal pointed out. This means these large hits will negatively impact the rest of us. If you have 30-50 people sharing one large uber, they really haven't done much for themselves (a few hundred PED a piece, for example) except cause a deep detriment to the rest of us.

I would love to see a complete wipe of the HOF boards for 24h AND All Time High. Move the current ATHs into some archived ("Ancient HOFs") HOF area. Let's reset the ATH board, with a minimum of say 10,000 PED required to start it off. Bring back the old loot days where we might see a 10-20k PED loot every week (as was previously mentioned here) instead of one 200k loot every year.

For those of you who came to this game within the last 7 years, you just don't realize how loot used to be and how it benefited the community as a whole. When we see Shared Loot mobs blowing up the HOF list, and then see a final ATH Shared Loot mob, we just think "what's the point?". May as well just not hunt for another 6 months. It used to be if you saw a 15k Atrox HOF, you didn't lose hope. You thought "Hell, its possible there is another one around the corner. If not this week, next week! Gotta keep shooting!"

Crafting have condition bar which is not in hunting and mining..tahts why u cant simply say it was just 8 peds. Each crafting sucess is many lost attempts as soon as u just touch condition bar.

As for hunting indeed i liked more when there was 20 K trox every week rather than 200K kong every year

Gotta agree here! Its getting more and more hard to recycle as a hunter! Decay, ammo and mu on l guns can leave your pedcard in pain!

Of course.

I spent 1 and a half years away from the game living.

And playing other games, which I always say we should learn from.

So of course one should fear. But the thing I always say, as a stupid businessman, is to learn from others.

I hope this game will.

Gotta agree here! Its getting more and more hard to recycle as a hunter! Decay, ammo and mu on l guns can leave your pedcard in pain!

I don't know how this all works. That is turning a 8 BP per click in to a 64 ped per click BP(as I of the other posters said). Would that be done by adding residue and is that also done with explosive ammo ? If some one would explain please ?

On a bad day, hunting returns can be as low 75%? As high as 95%? I don't think you hunt that often. I've had hunting days with returns as low as 30-35%. I've had single runs that sometimes return 95%, or even a slight profit. I have maybe 1 or 2 days every YEAR where the entire day returns above 95-100%. 99% of the days I hunt return much lower. I'm not sure where you have gotten your "stats" from.

And you are correct about the average miner getting 1 in 4 hits. Keep in mind most unamped claims are worth 1.5-2.5 PED per claim, which averages 50-60% return every 4 bombs. Of course, the occasional medium, ample, or large hit boosts that up.

Hunting and mining, in reality, function very similarly in returns. The mechanics just operate differently. However, as of lately, I find my hunting returns generally being worse than mining. To be fair, Calypso seems to be worse in both aspects than Arkadia.

The problem with your argument, and stats, and those of most people who post cannot possibly represent that of EVERY player in this game. I can tell you how MY loot functions in different professions. But I cannot tell you that this represents every single player.

What we can do is look at statistics on Entropialife for each profession, but this still doesn't take into account how much PED is actually being cycled in any given profession. The one thing we do see is a significant drop in decent loots following gigantic hits, like a 200k Kong. Now the issue hunters have seen recently is that most large hits are on Shared Loot mobs, as Danimal pointed out. This means these large hits will negatively impact the rest of us. If you have 30-50 people sharing one large uber, they really haven't done much for themselves (a few hundred PED a piece, for example) except cause a deep detriment to the rest of us.

I would love to see a complete wipe of the HOF boards for 24h AND All Time High. Move the current ATHs into some archived ("Ancient HOFs") HOF area. Let's reset the ATH board, with a minimum of say 10,000 PED required to start it off. Bring back the old loot days where we might see a 10-20k PED loot every week (as was previously mentioned here) instead of one 200k loot every year.

For those of you who came to this game within the last 7 years, you just don't realize how loot used to be and how it benefited the community as a whole. When we see Shared Loot mobs blowing up the HOF list, and then see a final ATH Shared Loot mob, we just think "what's the point?". May as well just not hunt for another 6 months. It used to be if you saw a 15k Atrox HOF, you didn't lose hope. You thought "Hell, its possible there is another one around the corner. If not this week, next week! Gotta keep shooting!"

I agree with the shared loot thing. Look at a lot of the bigger mobs and shared loot has the most all time globals and total loot and some of the time the all time highest loot. When I first started, late 2007, there was always a 25K+ atrox young or feffoid outcast. I mean like every day. I would start playing in the morning most of the time and I would check the list and it was as I said always 25K+. I was lucky enough to get a 12K+ HOF and it never made the first position, as a matter of fact I think it was 3rd or 4th and got lower as the day went on. As I recall a lot of talk on the forum was why not cut back off the big HOFs and give a bunch smaller ones. Guess what that is exactly what happened, moreover the big HOFs, 25K+, have all but disappeared. Also during that time you could hardly ever get on the list with less than 800 to 1000 ped on any given day. Now you can get on with a 50 pedder, I know because I did it. Not bragging but I am second on the all time globals for the longtooth and I am 29K globals behind the leader which is, you got it, Shared Loot.

I don't know how this all works. That is turning a 8 BP per click in to a 64 ped per click BP(as I of the other posters said). Would that be done by adding residue and is that also done with explosive ammo ? If some one would explain please ?

It doesn't really mean the cost per click is 64 ped, unless the crafter is crafting on quantity (crafting slider to the left) and using residue to make up the full TT of the item being crafted. Residue is only useful for items, not ammo, textures or components.

When someone crafts on condition (slider to the right), the chance of success decreases exponentially. A 1.00 QR blueprint with maxed skills for the blueprint gives a CoS of 95%. Just moving that slider to the right a little bit significantly reduces that CoS. On full condition (slider all the way to the right), the CoS is probably somewhere around 5%, maybe less. That means for every successful click, or even near success (some residue and/or some materials returned), there are probably 30-40 fails, perhaps more. Now, on full condition, the chances of getting a bigger return on a successful click is far greater than on full quantity, but again, the chances of a successful click are significantly reduced.

Just because someone gets an ATH in crafting, it doesn't mean they are ahead in total loot (perhaps they are for the run, but their overall losses quite possibly exceed the ATH total).

I have to agree with most of what you say but we are talking about 50K HOFs which have diminished greatly since around 2010 IMO. I don't remember hardly any HOFs since then but have seen many for crafters. I believe there was a 35K on explosives just after the BP came out. I do have a question, would you set the quality up on that BP ? I don't know how that would work. Ofc there was the 330K in recent memory in hunting which was great but it seems that the 50K is had to crack. I hope I can be the first one:wtg:

The community said they didn't want the 50k HOFs off of lower level mobs anymore and MA listened.

Is it possible that any decline in "regular" loot is due to CLD payments and not to shared loot?

Is it possible that any decline in "regular" loot is due to CLD payments and not to shared loot?

CLD payments are revenue. MA do not alter CLD payments, they are automated from revenue. If the revenue is £10, then cld payment is £10. It is set

Rgds

Ace

It doesn't really mean the cost per click is 64 ped, unless the crafter is crafting on quantity (crafting slider to the left) and using residue to make up the full TT of the item being crafted. Residue is only useful for items, not ammo, textures or components.

When someone crafts on condition (slider to the right), the chance of success decreases exponentially. A 1.00 QR blueprint with maxed skills for the blueprint gives a CoS of 95%. Just moving that slider to the right a little bit significantly reduces that CoS. On full condition (slider all the way to the right), the CoS is probably somewhere around 5%, maybe less. That means for every successful click, or even near success (some residue and/or some materials returned), there are probably 30-40 fails, perhaps more. Now, on full condition, the chances of getting a bigger return on a successful click is far greater than on full quantity, but again, the chances of a successful click are significantly reduced.

Just because someone gets an ATH in crafting, it doesn't mean they are ahead in total loot (perhaps they are for the run, but their overall losses quite possibly exceed the ATH total).
Thank you for the explanation and that makes sense. I do understand the part about a big HOF does not mean a profit, as we all know. I recall some of the comments about the 330K ATH and people who said they knew the person that got the ATH and that ATH probably got him close to even with the amount he had depoed.

Interesting about the ammo though. I have not seen the BP but some one told me that the level III BP requires 20 ped in nano cubes. The 35K HOF would be a nice return for 20 ped ( I would think it was the III BP).
Thanks again the post.

CLD payments are revenue. MA do not alter CLD payments, they are automated from revenue. If the revenue is £10, then cld payment is £10. It is set

Rgds

Ace

I don't think that the total revenue is it dispersed to the CLDs, only a portion.

I don't think that the total revenue is it dispersed to the CLDs, only a portion.
Nope not the total revenue. So let's say the revenue for that week was 100k peds. Half goes to MA and half goes to Caly team. Out of the half to Caly, half goes to CLD's. (25k peds to CLD's). Split that into 60k shares, so .4167 peds per deed. Or 4.17 pec per deed! :)

Or 25% of the total revenues goes to CLD's! ;)

My point was it is a set %. There is no tweaking by MA. Loot cannot be affected by CLD payments.

Rgds

Ace

I think EU has weathered the last few years well to be honest, there is still development, new players keep arriving and market seems ok in game. Also considering the world financial crisis etc, I think Ma/EU have done ok.

Nope not the total revenue. So let's say the revenue for that week was 100k peds. Half goes to MA and half goes to Caly team. Out of the half to Caly, half goes to CLD's. (25k peds to CLD's). Split that into 60k shares, so .4167 peds per deed. Or 4.17 pec per deed! :)

Or 25% of the total revenues goes to CLD's! ;)

Are the percentages you used real or just how the thing works ? Its been so long since they came out I think I remember that it was explained but do remember the numbers.

I think EU has weathered the last few years well to be honest, there is still development, new players keep arriving and market seems ok in game. Also considering the world financial crisis etc, I think Ma/EU have done ok.

Agreed, just thinking of the future of the game and what "Could" happen. Like playing the "What If" game. To be honest I am finally approaching a level 90 (after playing about 4 years I never thought I could get there) in one hunting profession and I am considering purchasing some costly equipment and really do want the game to continue.

Are the percentages you used real or just how the thing works ? Its been so long since they came out I think I remember that it was explained but do remember the numbers.

Yep unless they have changed it very recently, it still works that way! ;)

I always did, since 2005, common sense = a good business that does well.

Inspirational sense = a great business that does very well.

Grasping = failure for the customer.

How is this complex except to a Mongolian Yak herder? Even he knows something.

I always did, since 2005, common sense = a good business that does well.Inspirational sense = a great business that does very well.Grasping = failure for the customer.How is this complex except to a Mongolian Yak herder? Even he knows something.
I'm becoming more and more convinced that you are some form of sophisticated bot that just grabs random phrases from the interwebs and attempts to string them together in a coherent fashion.

All of the replies are good and mostly thoughtful. However I still wonder if EU could survive if the were only crafters.

You are forgetting one major thing: the steep learning curve for becoming a crafter. Anyone can hunt for a month on a $10 depo (as long as they stick to punies), but a beginning crafter will have gone through the $10 depo in...2 hours or so.

The whole buildup of the game, with the overlap in skills, is that the natural evolution of the player begins at hunting, where he earns skills useful in mining AS well as skills which help him actuallyget his claim out, then mining, which brings crafting skills.

To be honest I am still astonished this game is still alive :)

If we take entropialife to track down part of results we obtain this for the week:
LA globals : 1501752 PED
Total Global (hunt/mine only) :3056664 PED
So basically that's 50% of global activity in LA.
If we take an average of 5% tax, that means 243405.85 PED to LA owners
If we look a 3.65 PED per cld, we obtain 219000 PED to CLD owners, 219000 PED for FPC, and 438000 for MA
So basically, for calypso activity + all universe LA, that raise a cost of 1119405,85 PED.
Globaling players are 4052 in hunting, 1516 in mining and 1323 in crafting. So at worst we have 4052 globaling player in the universe, or
6891 if one only focus to a sole activity.

So with our lower cost for player base of 1119405 PED, it cost our globaling player 162 PED at best or 276 PED at the best worst for a week.

You can add to that other planet partners revenue (ark, toulan,cyrene,ni,rocktropia) and the MA 50% share on those and the amoun of taxes not tracked by globals. but i won't cause that would be speculating and the ending result is already crazy like that XD
Let say MA+PPS take x% of decay ((x=5 ? as 95% max slider in craft ?), that the total amount is y and that z is also unknow, we can't guesstimate anything that way, too many unknows.
As there is 168 hours a week and we can hope MA finally reached a 15 PED / hours and that the average player play w hours, well, just stop that.

With a cost of 16$ for a week, that sound scary for the lack of content. MA sold too many part of the game to investors and just fuck the playerbase that is too dumb to hunt on LA.
If all people boycotted LA, loots would be better :wise:

So if ithe game is already still alive, there is nothing to fear:girl:

The level of stupidity in the above post is incredible.

Back