Remembering Palms Corner....

Arrun

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Arrun de Warsash
Palms Corner, I do miss this place - felt very special, detached and very 'other-worldly' even on Calypso, especially when the mist blew in off the lake.

A nice, quiet relaxing place that I used to call 'home' ......

attachment.php

I dont remember this place and I have been here since 2006.
Do you have more pictures??

Yes I remember it, lots of stairs in that city.

I remember that and all other places, too bad we have no places to discover and just a lot of outposts.....

Ahhh I remember now. Wow we have got cookie cutter Tps & Outpost now.
What an improvement to the old days. :laugh:

I much preferred Seven Springs!

Agree was much more diverse looking locations in the 'good old days'

Palms Corner, I do miss this place - felt very special, detached and very 'other-worldly' even on Calypso, especially when the mist blew in off the lake.

A nice, quiet relaxing place that I used to call 'home' ......

attachment.php

wow, that looks like a badass place.. it's a shame it's not here anymore :S

So many of the old places that got lost/revamped that just don't hold the same charm they used to . Camp Caravan ,I think it was, used to be the "trailer park". Nothing but stacks and stacks of portable storage containers stacked with stairs and paths between them.

Wish I could remember all of the old places but I've been away far too long.

It's still around, but it hasn't been rebuilt, and MA took away the teleporter (moved it to Silver Ridge).

palmscorner_small.jpg

View image in gallery

In release of VU10, it became knowned for that the entrance to servicecenter was dug down in the sand, so it was rather hard to get out. :laugh:

Not sure if every servicestation got it since, but at the entrance of the servicecenter is the poster (with misc mobs on it) for the CDF animal exhibition (that used to be on top floor in building in VU9 port atlantis), so it's pretty much same servicecenter, it just doesn't have red walls.

palms_corner_picture_2.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:
My favorite spot was minopolis. with all the houses and stuff, and that big dome thing that had different plants in it.

Regards
Thark

Lots of great places disappeared! Palms, Mini, Jason.....

Ty for sharing the pics! :)

I was thinking about some of these places the other day. Perhaps one day we'll see them again

Last edited:
It was my favourite place :(

Yup, that was also a nice mining place, and cool as place to be for chilling.
I never understand, why MA changed the whole map. The old map was nice and i do miss it since we have VU10.

Now someone please...

Invent a Delorean, go back in time and prevent MA from ever implementing VU10. :lolup::wtg::wise:

It was indeed a very nice place with the terminals in the houses instead of the standard terminal buildings.

Reminds me of a lot other nice places we lost VU10
Sadly didn´t backup my really old screenshots.

At least one is left:

Ah Palms corner, I lived there for quite some time as it was quiet, and most people did not know how to get fast from the TP to the shack with the auctioneer and the terminals.

Too bad it's gone, however, I moved back to Echidna many years ago, still happy there.

Ah, Palms., a place to be..

Ah Palms Corner.. Even though I came into the game the year before the planet was getting demolished by the wr titan, Typhon, the place looked like my old stomping grounds in the middle of the desert..

As others have pointed out, very laid back, very serene.. you could go out there and enjoy the peace and quiet thatn you can't find today..

I remember it cause it was oneo f the usual stops on the way to Nea's Place.. beorfe the Univers echanged it..

It's kind of sad to tsee this place not on the map.. and it's a shame that it's gone..

Also antoher place that has gone missiing is still in game, yet the whole look of it has drastically changed.. I'm reerging to Minnopolis and that ws a beautiul place that really stood out, and comparing it to Palms and the Orignal Port Atlantis, doesn't do enyone justice..

And let's not forget Atlas Haven.. sure it was in the middle of the Continent Eudoria.. but still it had it's own serence look..

Buttoday? Well we still got splendid spots .. Take a look at Athena Space Port.. a place that could be beautiful if players woul duse it more and make is a place to launch from..

I mean sure Palms is gone.. sure Monnopolis has been cut back to barent place.. Heck I wouldn't mind if the folks at MA actually reduilt at least Minnopilis.. Atlas Haven? It nees to spread out ore.. become part of the country and be larger over all..

I mean can't MA change othe home world a bit so that it reflect that old time look? Ah well, farewell Palms.. We will miss you a lot..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
A.K.A. "The Blind Sniper" and "His_Dog_Spot"

Reminds me of a lot other nice places we lost VU10
Sadly didn´t backup my really old screenshots.

At least one is left:

Wasn't that between Nymph and the Oil Rig? Is it still in the same place, roughly?

Back