(Suggestion) "Shared Loot" and Solo Hunter HoF lists

It's lovely to have al kinds of lists, although times have changed and loot has changed.

The lowest hof on the board right now (Monday night) is a 256 pedder at number 100

So in an entire 24 hour period only 100 players managed to pull a loot worth more than 255 peds.

If we remove the shared it might look a little empty on the board, and no ones likes 50 ped hofs.

Rick

Bump

~Danimal

Right now ... The hof list has nothing but shared loot hoggolo demons on it. Nobody an compete with that hof list, not to mention in a few more years all of the avatars on the ATH list will be pushed off in favor of the shared loot "avatar". Can we please separate these two lists? It's getting to be rather annoying to say the least. It's also off putting to want to hunt anymore as well.

~Danimal

Not a bad idea, but i have a better one...

get rid of this cancer that is shared loot mobs. It was a passably good idea for allowing huge boss mobs as part of gameplay, but that's really the only niche that it should be filling. It has far outgrown its use and now is killing team hunting, messing with the economy as the market is flooded with huge numbers of whatever the latest flavor of big shared loot mob drops, and disincentivizing investments in high level gear and high level hunting.

Maybe the devs can put the guy who's been overpromoting shared loot mobs into a deathmatch pit fight with the guy who implemented the explosive projectiles bps?

get rid of this cancer that is shared loot mobs. It was a passably good idea for allowing huge boss mobs as part of gameplay, but that's really the only niche that it should be filling. It has far outgrown its use and now is killing team hunting, messing with the economy as the market is flooded with huge numbers of whatever the latest flavor of big shared loot mob drops, and disincentivizing investments in high level gear and high level hunting.

Maybe the devs can put the guy who's been overpromoting shared loot mobs into a deathmatch pit fight with the guy who implemented the explosive projectiles bps?

Yes, I agree. When ONLY boss mobs were shared loot it was okay, because people couldn't normally take them down theirselves. Now that we have it on every single mob it is getting quite annoying to see them overtake the Hof list.

~Danimal

Seriously? Is it so difficult to do something like this?... This is getting old.

~Danimal

I like this :lolup: Hof list becoming meaningless

I like this :lolup: Hof list becoming meaningless

Also, I agree that "shared loot" is annoying, very annoying!

It really makes no sense to have a HoF list for hunting anymore if all it is going to be is "Shared Loot" all the time. Crafters and Miners do not have to deal with shared loot bs so why should solo hunters have to deal with it too? It's very meaningless to have the HoF list anymore because it's no longer being used for its original intended purpose.

~Danimal

up to the top..

~Danimal

This needs a bump again fo sure :)

~Danimal

I agree ...
but I would rather see the shared loot on a separate list and not mixed with solo an team.

Before shared loots came, first thing I did, after login, was to press F, to see if one of my society
members or friends got lucky. These days I do not even bother anymore because of the shared loots.

And one thing I never understood. Why did Mindark not put a minimal loot value on the hof list ?
Sample, if a single loot has a total value below 300ped it will be a global, above 300ped a hof.

Happy hunting...

Agree with this,

For now though I would just settle for having seperate hof list for shared loot. I really hate seeing the hof list dominated by kong or diablo or oratan etc

Bump

~Danimal

bump this shit, oratans pissing me off, BOOOOO

Not often a little guy like me will hof with constant shared loot spamming the board

and again

BOOOOO to shared loot spam :mad:

bump this shit, oratans pissing me off, BOOOOO

Not often a little guy like me will hof with constant shared loot spamming the board

and again

BOOOOO to shared loot spam :mad:

Yup, my thoughts exactly!! This doesn't really promote hunting since people wouldn't see a point to hunt if there's no "score" to aim for or beat; when there is that shared loot junk all over the board.

~Danimal

I agree that there should be a different tab for shared loot HOFs & ATHs. It's pretty annoying to look at a HOF board full of Shared Loot.
It's unfair to the players that got solo ATHs to have them kicked off the board due to a giant shared loot mob. Also, during competitions such as WOF, it can mess up scores for teams that are competing on separate weeks because one week the minimum HOF could be 600 PEDs because an oratan/hogglo diablo event is going on and then the next the minimum HOF is the normal 300 PEDs or so.

On a side note. Danimal, when can you teach me your uber photoshop skills?? :laugh:

I totally agree with this topic idea !

I agree that there should be a different tab for shared loot HOFs & ATHs. It's pretty annoying to look at a HOF board full of Shared Loot.
It's unfair to the players that got solo ATHs to have them kicked off the board due to a giant shared loot mob. Also, during competitions such as WOF, it can mess up scores for teams that are competing on separate weeks because one week the minimum HOF could be 600 PEDs because an oratan/hogglo diablo event is going on and then the next the minimum HOF is the normal 300 PEDs or so.

On a side note. Danimal, when can you teach me your uber photoshop skills?? :laugh:

Agreed!! I don't know lol

~Danimal

+1 for this idea.

Now can we have that voting system MA promised us, CLD owners ?

Yes, separate the lists!
Actually, I wouldn't mind if those impersonal Shared HoFs wouldn't register at all.

Keep it like it is, but make it a clickable link in chat. Clicking it would open up the info for that specific global/hof with as much specifics as we want. (avatar names involved, most dmg stats, loot distrubution, etc...)
Another brilliant idea Rave and Narfi, imo at least as good as the OP.

If MA was smart they'd implement both ideas ASAP. Are they smart? :wtg:

This needs another bump!

~Danimal

Back