(Suggestion) "Shared Loot" and Solo Hunter HoF lists

danimal01

Elite
Society
AoE - Agents of Entropy
Daniel Danimal Diep
When "Shared Loots" were just on big mobs or mobs that solo avatars could not hunt, it was okay; and it was a good thing to have around. Now a days, we have shared loot on just about every cotton picking thing there is to be had in EU, even on mobs that SOLO avatars are able to take down themselves. i.e. Longtooth, Eomon, ....

As more time progresses, more and more "Shared Loot" HoF's and ATH's will appear on the hunting top hunter's list and pushing out all of the SOLO hunters HoF's and ATH's. Is there any way that you could revamp the HoF list to include "Shared Loot"/Team HoF/ATH and then Solo Avatar Hunting globals? Crafting and Mining have stayed the same since their inceptions and they do not even have to share their loots with anybody; therefore, they'll never have to worry about someone "pushing" their solo loot in crafting/mining off the ATH list.

The new ATH/HOF list should be broken down as such:

Three tabs on the left hand side to select from "Hunting", "Mining", and "Crafting". Once one of those categories are selected then you are able to choose from different categories at the top menu such as for "Hunting", you'll have "Highest Hunting Solo Loots", "Highest Hunting Shared/Team Loots", "Search:_______" (where you are able to search for a name or specific loot). This same principle could be applied to all three categories of hunting, mining, and crafting.

It is high-time that we have an update to the ATH/HOF list because there have been changes/improvements to the loot system but the list has remained the same. This way, there could be something to shoot/aim for again, an avatar/person could see what is on the #1 spot and keep aiming to try and beat that score to get their name on the hunting top list etc... without that and with all of these "Shared Loot" things, I could really care less to even hunt as much as I used to hunt anymore. The mentality now is, why even bother trying to ATH/HOF because it will be just overshadowed by some Zombie Kong 200k ATH.

Edit to add images:

~Danimal

Last edited:
Quite agree. Nothing worse than logging in and checking the hof list to see the Top 20 and more listed as Shared Loots when some event is on. I couldn't give a toss about Shared Loot. I'd rather the Solo/Team stay listed as it's always been then have a separate Shared Loot list though.

I'd like something done with EL too. It gets annoying seeing Shared Loot top with Highest Total Loots.

At the very least, a shared loot mob should show the hunter's name if he/she did 100% damage. Ideally, it would show the hunter who did 50.1% or more damage to the mob.

Couldn't agree more, the "shared loot" is taking over the lists and it's as un-personal as it gets when it comes to a list of NAMES

:twocents:

Remove all shared loot except for the biggest of the boss mobs that a reasonably sized team cannot take down (Like the Vanguard boss). Get rid of these Shared Loot waves.

If people want to do the waves, they should be instanced. Go in with your team of 5-6 people, start the wave, and go to town.

Find a way to rename Shared Loot so it represents the highest damaging avatar. And these Shared Loots should go back to being around only for the 3-4 planet-wide events every year.

Or just ax Shared Loot completely EXCEPT for the one boss mob every event. And it shouldn't constantly spawn. Once a day maybe. There shouldn't be huge spawns of Shared Loot mobs like Longtooth or Eomon. If you can't solo them, skill up like the rest of us or find a team (like the rest of us).

Stop giving out gigantic ATHs. Bring back the weekly 10-20k PED hits. I'd rather see one or two of these a week than one big one annually.

MA was doing things right long ago, I don't know what happened.

...Zzzzzz...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way :)

~Danimal

Just report the name of whoever did the most damage along with the team name, e.g.:

Team "Lighthouse Rats" (led by Cunning Haruto Rat) killed a creature (Snablesnot-Male Young) worth 5 PED!
Team "(Shared loot)" (led by Daniel Danimal Diep) killed a creature (Old Fred) worth 555 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Bonus: it would also do away with most rude and trolling team names.

edit: perhaps "led" is not the best word to use but you get the idea.

Remove all shared loot except for the biggest of the boss mobs that a reasonably sized team cannot take down (Like the Vanguard boss). Get rid of these Shared Loot waves.

If people want to do the waves, they should be instanced. Go in with your team of 5-6 people, start the wave, and go to town.

Find a way to rename Shared Loot so it represents the highest damaging avatar. And these Shared Loots should go back to being around only for the 3-4 planet-wide events every year.

Or just ax Shared Loot completely EXCEPT for the one boss mob every event. And it shouldn't constantly spawn. Once a day maybe. There shouldn't be huge spawns of Shared Loot mobs like Longtooth or Eomon. If you can't solo them, skill up like the rest of us or find a team (like the rest of us).

Stop giving out gigantic ATHs. Bring back the weekly 10-20k PED hits. I'd rather see one or two of these a week than one big one annually.

...Zzzzzz...

Its the only way to go if you want to save the game ( if MA just want players of low lvl and sweatgathers ) becaue i do not like all loot and items become to have a MU of 100-101%.

Just report the name of whoever did the most damage along with the team name, e.g.:

Team "Lighthouse Rats" (led by Cunning Haruto Rat) killed a creature (Snablesnot-Male Young) worth 5 PED!
Team "(Shared loot)" (led by Daniel Danimal Diep) killed a creature (Old Fred) worth 555 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Bonus: it would also do away with most rude and trolling team names.

edit: perhaps "led" is not the best word to use but you get the idea.

What?... That would mean that support has to deal with these emails all day instead of regular and more important support cases. What I suggested would be a fix to this.

~Danimal

Its the only way to go if you want to save the game ( if MA just want players of low lvl and sweatgathers ) becaue i do not like all loot and items become to have a MU of 100-101%.

This. I'm having a major issue with it.

When "Shared Loots" were just on big mobs or mobs that solo avatars could not hunt, it was okay; and it was a good thing to have around. Now a days, we have shared loot on just about every cotton picking thing there is to be had in EU, even on mobs that SOLO avatars are able to take down themselves. i.e. Longtooth, Eomon, ....

As more time progresses, more and more "Shared Loot" HoF's and ATH's will appear on the hunting top hunter's list and pushing out all of the SOLO hunters HoF's and ATH's. Is there any way that you could revamp the HoF list to include "Shared Loot"/Team HoF/ATH and then Solo Avatar Hunting globals? Crafting and Mining have stayed the same since their inceptions and they do not even have to share their loots with anybody; therefore, they'll never have to worry about someone "pushing" their solo loot in crafting/mining off the ATH list.

The new ATH/HOF list should be broken down as such:

Three tabs on the left hand side to select from "Hunting", "Mining", and "Crafting". Once one of those categories are selected then you are able to choose from different categories at the top menu such as for "Hunting", you'll have "Highest Hunting Solo Loots", "Highest Hunting Shared/Team Loots", "Search:_______" (where you are able to search for a name or specific loot). This same principle could be applied to all three categories of hunting, mining, and crafting.

It is high-time that we have an update to the ATH/HOF list because there have been changes/improvements to the loot system but the list has remained the same. This way, there could be something to shoot/aim for again, an avatar/person could see what is on the #1 spot and keep aiming to try and beat that score to get their name on the hunting top list etc... without that and with all of these "Shared Loot" things, I could really care less to even hunt as much as I used to hunt anymore. The mentality now is, why even bother trying to ATH/HOF because it will be just overshadowed by some Zombie Kong 200k ATH.

~Danimal
I support this idea

just split the list into:
Solo Hof / Team(name) Hof / Shared Hof

and let the waves as they are, there is no problem with that imo.

just split the list into:
Solo Hof / Team(name) Hof / Shared Hof

and let the waves as they are, there is no problem with that imo.

Just moving the names around into different lists doesn't fix the average hunting return for everyone.

...Zzzzzz...

Agree, agree, and agree one more time :D :tongue2:

How about:
Team "(Shared loot)" (led by Daniel Danimal Diep) killed a creature (Old Fred) worth 555 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame. Special loots: 155 ped esi to Spawn Storm Bootcamp, enigma L4(L) 177 ped to Peezle Meezle

That way you know why you didn't get any, even if it hoffed big.

How about:
Team "(Shared loot)" (led by Daniel Danimal Diep) killed a creature (Old Fred) worth 555 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame. Special loots: 155 ped esi to Spawn Storm Bootcamp, enigma L4(L) 177 ped to Peezle Meezle

That way you know why you didn't get any, even if it hoffed big.

Too much information to throw into global chat and the HOF window.

Something simple like Daniel Danimal Diep (Shared Loot) Killed a Creature... 555 PED... Hall of Fame.

How about if a player does over 50% of the damage to a given shared loot mob, his or her name is shown, instead of "shared loot."

If no single player was able to do 50% of the damage, then it truly is a shared loot mob and can be shown as such.

This way if someone is soloing mobs or at least just doing the majority of the damage, they get the global under their name. (This is how loot is awarded on regular mobs, so the coding should not be too difficult).

Last edited:
Just moving the names around into different lists doesn't fix the average hunting return for everyone.

Thought that this was about shared loot hof's dominating the ATH/Hof list?
and there is nothing wrong with hunting return imo.
last loot change was best ever.

Thought that this was about shared loot hof's dominating the ATH/Hof list?
and there is nothing wrong with hunting return imo.
last loot change was best ever.

My understanding is that the issue in this thread as that when a solo hunter hunts mobs that are labeled as "shared loot", and they get a global or hof, it doesn't count towards their stats on entropialife.com.

Maybe I was wrong.

My understanding is that the issue in this thread as that when a solo hunter hunts mobs that are labeled as "shared loot", and they get a global or hof, it doesn't count towards their stats on entropialife.com.

Maybe I was wrong.

yeah probably, well then good luck with it, i don't care that it does not count for EL.

My understanding was, that it would be to hard to even get your name on the ATH list when only shared loot mobs drop big. so no need for a solo hunter to even try to get on the ATH list.

yeah probably, well then good luck with it, i don't care that it does not count for EL.

My understanding was, that it would be to hard to even get your name on the ATH list when only shared loot mobs drop big. so no need for a solo hunter to even try to get on the ATH list.

This is correct, not sure how we got side tracked from this..

~Danimal

This is correct, not sure how we got side tracked from this..

~Danimal

Probably because not all people read it as it is, and probably don't know you got this idea from that other thread, i had same idea, about the hof list after reading that thread.

So i stick with my first suggestion then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably because not all people read it as it is, and probably don't know you got this idea from that other thread, i had same idea, about the hof list after reading that thread.

So i stick with my first suggestion then.

I've had this "idea" for awhile now, I've just not decided to write about it. Ask my SOC mates, they'll tell you I'm always going on about this.

~Danimal

I've had this "idea" for awhile now, I've just not decided to write about it. Ask my SOC mates, they'll tell you I'm always going on about this.

~Danimal

They should have added it from the start, it's Obvious that this matter will come sooner or later.

They should have added it from the start, it's Obvious that this matter will come sooner or later.

The developers at MindArk seem to be reactive when it comes to their coding habits vice proactive. If they would have planned and thight properly, surely they would see that in the future all ATH/HOFS on the Hall of Fame list would be (Shared Loot).

~Danimal

Too much information to throw into global chat and the HOF window.

Something simple like Daniel Danimal Diep (Shared Loot) Killed a Creature... 555 PED... Hall of Fame.

Keep it like it is, but make it a clickable link in chat. Clicking it would open up the info for that specific global/hof with as much specifics as we want. (avatar names involved, most dmg stats, loot distrubution, etc...)

Bump this up..

~Danimal

Bump this up!!

~Danimal

Need more traction...

~Danimal

Back