Help: Which weapon should i be using?

br1ckwa11

I'm not sure where I should post this, so I will do it here?

All I want to know is which weapon(s) I can buy that will do the most dps for me for at my current levels on arkadia. I want to be as eco as possible.

I have most recently been using the breer M2a. My levels are

Laser Sniper (Hit) 9
Ranged Laser (Dmg) 6

BLP Sniper (Hit) 7
Ranged BLP (Dmg) 3

Looking on the auction house in arkadia, it seems as tho BLP rifles are far more favored over Laser. I just bought the Herman ARK-0 to try and skill up BLP a bit more.

Any sort of suggestions or help would be appreciated.

this might help you out a bit... 2015 SIB Chart Update: Weapons

Another very useful tool is the Entropedia Weapon Compare Tool

To explain this a little...

weapon_compare_explanation.jpg

Ok so the green square is where you select the weapon and amplifier you wish to look at.

In the red circles you add any MU% you are paying for weapon or amp.For example if you paid 130% for the weapon then you would put 130 in the 'Weapon Decay' field,and same for Amp if it has MU.

In the blue circles you put your profession levels for 'hit' and 'Damage'.Make sure its the right profession for that weapon,no point putting in your Ranged Laser Damage pro level if you are looking at BLP weapons etc.

In the yellow squares you add scopes/sights you have on the weapon and also any enhancers you have added to the tier slots.

Once all this is done the numbers will come out as shown once you hit 'add weapon'.

The most important numbers for you are in the red squares....Damage per Pec Spent' and 'Damage per Second'.

I could have simply told you what to use but teach a man to fish and all that ;)

Hope it helps.

One other piece of advice I will give is if you want to skilll to real DPS fastest then stick to skilling/using the one weapon type/style.

IE: Dont use a plasma tagger+laser rifle and BLP pistol or your spreading your skills over too many areas.
Concentrate on one thing and do it exclusively.

If you must use Tagger+Rifle+Pistol then make sure they are at least the same type.

Before you decide which road you'd like to take look a bit further down the road and look at where you want to end up.

Excellent explanation - thanks :)

(... must spread reputation before giving to jod again ...)

Back