Longtooth performance test event

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
During the last Longtooth event two weeks ago we gathered a lot of information that has shown truly helpfull in analyzing bottlenecks and performance issues inside Entropia.

In order to further investigate some of the bottlenecks in the system we have installed additional log and measurement equipment in areas primarily related to network connections and server redundancy. To test these areas of the system we will launch another event similar to the one held on January 13 tomorrow, January 27 2015.

Longtooths will spawn in Port Atlantis and near Camp Icarus at the following locations:

Longtooths with shared loot:

Location - longitud, latitude:

• Camp Icarus - 63314, 74559
  • Port Atlantis - 61509, 75119
  • Port Atlantis - 61602, 75270
  • Port Atlantis - 61345, 75286

Longtooths with non shared loot:

• Port Atlantis - 61241, 75636
Schedule:

• First spawns will start at 16.00 UTC and are expected to run until 16.45 UTC.
  • Wave two will start at 17.00 UTC and are expected to run until 17.45 UTC
  • Wave three will start at 18.00 UTC and are expected to run until 18.45 UTC

After that Longtooths will continue to spawn for another 24 hours at certain locations.

We are planning additional load events later on this year with focus on other parts of the system as well.

We hope you enjoyed the last event and have time to check in for some fun Longtooth hunting again tomorrow!
We have also put up a video from the last event that shows some intense action around the L530 Longtooths spawning in the midst of Port Atlantis, check it out on the Youtube channel http://youtu.be/OMwdk5eq9hg

For details about UTC time see http://www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Originally Posted Here

This is almost becoming a weekly event!

please change the mob for once...

It's all fun, but so frequent appearance destroys the image of LT as a rare mob. Why not to employ some very special creature for these occasional events? Like that 4-tusked mammoth Kim spawns sometimes in Twins.

Hell yeah :) looks like i go back to caly then :)

change mob, make it Eomon this time! :D

You get a jaguar! She gets a jaguar! He gets a jaguar! Everyone gets a jaguar!!! Wooooo ooo

:laugh: :popcorn:

I agree that it's time to change the mob, or maybe introduce a selection of mobs for these server test events.

Not another Jag lag; spawn the limited special Jag Mob, lol.

Perhaps, change the UL gear drop to something new/different?

Do appreciate MA doing these tests for improving future server play, and towards completing the LT missions :)

Cheerz,
-Vi

Very good job to keep trying to adjust server settings for a better stability and there is nothing better than gathering real time datas.
Good luck on the field entropians

hooray for another event when I'm at work

Buying Jag Helmets tt + 1 @ the LT testing area....:silly2:

If they would spawn a special mob they can do a real stress test :)

Anyone remember that huge mob that was at the old Port Atlantis exhibition center? I can't recall the name, but spawn that one :wtg:

Add another level to the LT missions and you will get your stress test!
:sniper::handgun::bull::rocket:

If they would spawn a special mob they can do a real stress test :)

Anyone remember that huge mob that was at the old Port Atlantis exhibition center? I can't recall the name, but spawn that one :wtg:

Behemoth I think it was called. Looked like a Blue Whale with legs. :)

May they need to have LTs, about comparing the data with the same mob.

I just hope they make it a no vehicle zone, cause people seem to get the urge to spawn their quads on these events just to piss off everyone

So Longtooth
Much Awesome
Amaze
Such Fun
Wow

200_s.gif

Seriously now, change the god damn mob.

Agreed please change the mob. If there's going to be lots of events like this, create missions geared specifically for them, and pop the mob. Rewards the players online.

Now the Longtooth mission is no longer rare, and there's no reason to do the migration event this year since you're basically doing extras for it all year round.

Uhm, maybe spawn less Old Freds at a time? What exactly are you testing, how many people can be dead simultaneously? :)

Uhm, maybe spawn less Old Freds at a time? What exactly are you testing, how many people can be dead simultaneously? :)

I think they are testing how many other planets they can fuck up at the same time. I am on NI and can't even log in. Really pissing me off that they don't understand LOAD BALANCING.

Yes cant log in aswell

Servers go down.

edit: or maybe not, looks like they reconsidered.
Or the reboot button is inaccessible due to lag :)

Last edited:
Where are the Longtooth atm?

**for those of us just getting back from work

Back