How does loot get determined if...

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
Say there's a normal mob that has 1,000 health. It is not a shared loot mob.

If ten people shoot it and all hit the mob for exactly 100.0 damage each, who gets the loot?

I know this is an unlikely scenario, but since it is still possible, there must be coding set up to determine what happens.

Thanks!

-Sityl

You just broke Entropia with that question.

Race condition, the server will shutdown and the hamsters explode... Game over :laugh:

This creature did not carry any loot.

The system will compare the last month's deposits of the guys. The winner takes it all.
If they happen to be equal, the system will check their countries of origin. The Swede takes it all.
If they all happen to be Swedes, the system halts and the red phone on Jan Timkrans' table rings...

my guess in this bizarre scenario, the person whom shot it first would get the loot. However, I think the possibility of this happening is slim to none.

They call Marco who has the magic dice.

my guess in this bizarre scenario, the person whom shot it first would get the loot.

Think it would be more like the person who shot it last, don't you think? :yup:

If 2 or more players shot a mob and score exact same damage then the player doing the killshot loots the mob. This is an absolute fact, do not question me on this.

If 2 or more players shot a mob and score exact same damage then the player doing the killshot loots the mob. This is an absolute fact, do not question me on this.

I was fully inclined to believe you based on your uberness, but the last sentence made me wonder if you were kidding. :laugh:

Me

too short

Maybe the algorithm will check all team members to find highest dmg. And if all are same it will select one, and why not the last one it checked then? So last one to join team are the lucky one, I think. :)

Chuck Norris. :tongue2:

Jokes aside, the situation is more than unlikely as damage values surely are calculated with much more decimals than is visible to us (like 34.56789 where you see only 34.6). Zero chances that it has ever happened in history of entropia.

Lars probably is closest to the truth with the assumption that the winner will be the last avatar who went through the checking, however it won't necessarily be the one who joined the team last, it all depends on sorting (order of joining the team, order of shooting, order of avatars' internal IDs, etc). I'd bet on the IDs, so the best chance has the avatar who was registered last.

the fapper gets it all....

Jokes aside, the situation is more than unlikely as damage values surely are calculated with much more decimals than is visible to us (like 34.56789 where you see only 34.6). Zero chances that it has ever happened in history of entropia.

Lars probably is closest to the truth with the assumption that the winner will be the last avatar who went through the checking, however it won't necessarily be the one who joined the team last, it all depends on sorting (order of joining the team, order of shooting, order of avatars' internal IDs, etc). I'd bet on the IDs, so the best chance has the avatar who was registered last.

You're 100% right about internal IDs and damage values.. proven on that test screenshot.

Valid question.....it is time for MA to reveal how loot works finally. We might be screwed and even not know that :p

Valid question.....it is time for MA to reveal how loot works finally. We might be screwed and even not know that :p

If MA revealed how loot really works this game would die, be careful what you wish for.

If MA revealed how loot really works this game would die, be careful what you wish for.

I totally agree with this - but take it a step further. Personally I believe that actually MA probably don't even know how the loot works. I have said this before and I was poopoo'd for saying it, but think about this.

What is the best way to keep a secret ?

Not knowing what that secret is !

For years despite all the best attempts by the not unintelligent player base, nobody has ever come up with any solution that even begins to explain how loot works. Furthermore nobody from MA has ever spilt the beans in 10 years. That is some achievement. So in all that time MA have never pissed off anyone who knows how loot works to the extent that that person blew the lid on the loot algorithm. Damn MA piss off most of the player base every day of the week. How do they keep this amazing secret. I have a theory, I have no proof but I would suggest that the following would fit the scenario.

MA needs a totally safe loot algorithm that returns them a regular % income from turnover. The algorithm must be complex enough that not even the greatest code writer or hacker could ever break it. OK lets assume that is the case, on top of that they must keep this a complete secret for 10 years, including all the MA office staff in Gothenburg going out on the lash, getting drunk, stoned, coked up and yet never once spilling the beans, How.

I reckon they do not know. OK but someone does, because they created the algorithm in the first place. So imagine a scenario. MA back in the inception years approach a very talented programmer and ask him / her to create them an algorithm. This person creates the algorithm and MA say that there are 2 rules - number 1 the algorithm creator must never disclose the details of the algorithm to anyone, ever, including and perhaps especially anyone who work s for MA or a PP. Number 2 the algorithm writer is barred from ever playing EU The algorithm creator is paid a handsome sum for creating the algorithm and an annual retaining bonus for every year that the algorithm remains a secret.

Every few years MA needs to change the algorithm slightly to accommodate changes in the game such as new Planets or changes as we have recently seen in loot types and drops. Most of this work can be completed by the loot balancing team but any changes to the actual loot algorithm are made by the original creator.

So what you end up with is a company that can never spill the beans on the how loot works because they honestly do not know. You only have one weak link in the chain and you can keep that strong using good old fashioned money.

It is my theory on how loot works and before you decide to poo poo it - tell me honestly do you know of any better explaination.

Try doing some Aakas keys and you will know you are screwed ;). Gold Rush is one great scam.

I totally agree with this - but take it a step further. Personally I believe that actually MA probably don't even know how the loot works. I have said this before and I was poopoo'd for saying it, but think about this.

What is the best way to keep a secret ?

Not knowing what that secret is !

For years despite all the best attempts by the not unintelligent player base, nobody has ever come up with any solution that even begins to explain how loot works. Furthermore nobody from MA has ever spilt the beans in 10 years. That is some achievement. So in all that time MA have never pissed off anyone who knows how loot works to the extent that that person blew the lid on the loot algorithm. Damn MA piss off most of the player base every day of the week. How do they keep this amazing secret. I have a theory, I have no proof but I would suggest that the following would fit the scenario.

MA needs a totally safe loot algorithm that returns them a regular % income from turnover. The algorithm must be complex enough that not even the greatest code writer or hacker could ever break it. OK lets assume that is the case, on top of that they must keep this a complete secret for 10 years, including all the MA office staff in Gothenburg going out on the lash, getting drunk, stoned, coked up and yet never once spilling the beans, How.

I reckon they do not know. OK but someone does, because they created the algorithm in the first place. So imagine a scenario. MA back in the inception years approach a very talented programmer and ask him / her to create them an algorithm. This person creates the algorithm and MA say that there are 2 rules - number 1 the algorithm creator must never disclose the details of the algorithm to anyone, ever, including and perhaps especially anyone who work s for MA or a PP. Number 2 the algorithm writer is barred from ever playing EU The algorithm creator is paid a handsome sum for creating the algorithm and an annual retaining bonus for every year that the algorithm remains a secret.

Every few years MA needs to change the algorithm slightly to accommodate changes in the game such as new Planets or changes as we have recently seen in loot types and drops. Most of this work can be completed by the loot balancing team but any changes to the actual loot algorithm are made by the original creator.

So what you end up with is a company that can never spill the beans on the how loot works because they honestly do not know. You only have one weak link in the chain and you can keep that strong using good old fashioned money.

It is my theory on how loot works and before you decide to poo poo it - tell me honestly do you know of any better explaination.

There is a better way to keep algorithm secret:
imagine there are 20 programmers that are responsible for just parts of the aglorithm. Each develops his part. Then random number from 7-13 of parts is beeing used each time period (i.e each month) to generate full algorithm. Then the system is closed so it never can be changed and auto generates next sequences at random.

Even if the programmers would try to colaborate and break the system - they will have huge problem doing so and then the algorithm changes with time and they dont know next sequence so they have to start over.

Just an idea.

The idea comes from my friends that they recorded some wierd humiliating video and so they "never" have access to it - they encrypted it with password - each part of passwrod comes form other person ;). When i asked them: in that case why they did not want to delete the video i got no answer...

Falagor
:bandit:

How's that ? I see only good things out of it, with much more participants on top. Knowing formula for loot or how it works not mean automaticaly it iw exploitable. Tbh i would be dissapointed if MA made loot formula in a way it could be used against them. We all know it uses randomnes to some extend.

I totally agree with this - but take it a step further. Personally I believe that actually MA probably don't even know how the loot works...[...]

Well, we have proofs all over around MA knows how's it work. Even some support emplyes. I have bunch of support cases where support staff was checking logs in cases conected with loot value.

Also MA making larger and smaler changes to loot from time to time, so at least there is one person there who can modify that algoritm.

MA secrecy about it is abovious. With well known widely ppl could make checkings agains their results and i bet in many cases anomalies could be found which participants are not aware atm. MA is known from bugs and mistakes, it's not that loot part of that game was never affected. We simply don;t know about it.

Well, we have proofs all over around MA knows how's it work. Even some support emplyes. I have bunch of support cases where support staff was checking logs in cases conected with loot value.

Also MA making larger and smaler changes to loot from time to time, so at least there is one person there who can modify that algoritm.

MA secrecy about it is abovious. With well known widely ppl could make checkings agains their results and i bet in many cases anomalies could be found which participants are not aware atm. MA is known from bugs and mistakes, it's not that loot part of that game was never affected. We simply don;t know about it.

as I said at the start of my post, it is only an opinion and has no basis in fact at all, much like many other loot theories :)

Back