Question: What is considered Eco?

Lizzy_ZA

Provider
Society
NBK Rangers
Elizabeth Lizzy Holmes
Hi,

I am reading alot about Eco weapons and I had a look at the various charts on Entropedia.

My question is what is considered a good Eco Dmg/PEC? 2.800, 2.900?

I have the following weapons:

Z12 Barbella + ZX Sinkadus = 2.938 Dmg/PEC
Mar-Lighter Davidov + Omegaton A103 = 2.831 Dmg/PEC

Are these generally good?

We have ECO, but nothing to compare it against. So who knows.

If it is on a scale of 10 then 3ddp is crap.

Hi,

I am reading alot about Eco weapons and I had a look at the various charts on Entropedia.

My question is what is considered a good Eco Dmg/PEC? 2.800, 2.900?

I have the following weapons:

Z12 Barbella + ZX Sinkadus = 2.938 Dmg/PEC
Mar-Lighter Davidov + Omegaton A103 = 2.831 Dmg/PEC

Unless you are LVL 100, you dont have that eco on Mar-Lighter Davidov (You probably have less than 2.7) :) The first combo is great, second get rid of it :) If you want something around the same dmg as Davidov, check out Xent Tech Rifle X3 or just use some (L) weapon instead :)

Z12 Barbella + ZX Sinkadus = 2.938 Dmg/PEC GOOD
Mar-Lighter Davidov + Omegaton A103 = 2.831 Dmg/PEC BAD

The first one is really good, the second one is really bad and it requires level 100 to get that eco. Anything over 2.9 dmg/pec is good to use. Just make sure it's SIB and you have it maxed (10.0/10.0 on both of the last two lines before tiers)

Gl

Unless you are LVL 100, you dont have that eco on Mar-Lighter Davidov (You probably have less than 2.7) :) The first combo is great, second get rid of it :) If you want something around the same dmg as Davidov, check out Xent Tech Rifle X3 or just use some (L) weapon instead :)

Thanks for the reply, I assume you are correct, I have very little skill at this stage, but the question was not weapon specific.

More about what Eco is considered good. I assume 2.7 is bad :)

10 years ago 2.8 eco was pretty good...
These days i would say at least 2.9 maybe 2.95 for good eco

The first one is really good, the second one is really bad and it requires level 100 to get that eco. Anything over 2.9 dmg/pec is good to use. Just make sure it's SIB and you have it maxed (10.0/10.0 on both of the last two lines before tiers)

Gl

Ah thanks so the 2.9 seem to be the best guideline for me at this stage.

I do the majority of my hunts with the Z12

The only reason I went for the non SIB Davidov, is that I need something that can pack some punch if I get in a sticky situation while mining with bigger mobs.

The higher damage SIB weapons generally don't have the chance of hitting max damage if I am not close to the recommended skill level.

Get rid of the Mar-Lighter. these are maxed at level 100 and @ lvl 10 these with an A103 attached get you 14.30 dps @ 2.157 dpp which is a huge ped waster for bad dps

Better go the (L) route even with markup it will be cheaper. Or as TJ suggested
gor for a Xent 3.

In general nowadays a good or okay'ish eco is considered anything above 2.90 dpp. Play a bit around with the weapon compare tool, but do not forget to enter your actual levels as well.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

Consider you want to kill a mob with 3000 HP.

You have 3 different setups:
a. Weapon with 2.9 ECO, your cost will be 10.34 ped
b. Weapon with 3.0 ECO, your cost will be 10.00 ped
c. Weapon with 3.2 ECO, your cost will be 9.37 ped

Consider you want to kill a mob with 3000 HP.

You have 3 different setups:
a. Weapon with 2.9 ECO, your cost will be 10.34 ped
b. Weapon with 3.0 ECO, your cost will be 10.00 ped
c. Weapon with 3.2 ECO, your cost will be 9.37 ped

good example - i might add the comparison with the mentioned 2.157 dpp. Here it would cost ( not considered regen as it will take a long time to kill a mob with such low dps and the mob has a lot of time to regenerate while shooting at it) 13.91 PED

Check this out on entropedia

JUELZ MIC-Killa SG-ULTRA (L) - 9.84 DPP almost 3 times more eco thank anything else out there

although tbh I have never seen one

Thanks guys, for the informative replies, I failed to take into account my Hit and Dmg profession on the tool. That makes a Huuuuge difference in the values.

Check this out on entropedia

JUELZ MIC-Killa SG-ULTRA (L) - 9.84 DPP almost 3 times more eco thank anything else out there

although tbh I have never seen one

only 1 have existed

Treat 2.80 as border....above is ok, lower is no go :) and u will be ok.

i might add that looking at the weapon damage per pec is important, but not all there is to consider when you want to be eco..

for example it could be cheaper to kill the mob with more dps and less dpp...if you for example can kill it before it reches you and not get armor+fap decay that way..
or when the mob has high regen...

also overkill is sth to look at...if you get 20 dmg overkill every second mob on 500 hp mob has impact too..

another thing is, it is better to have 2.7 eco when you get 120% mu return than having 2.9 eco and having no mu return...

most of the time there is way more into it than looking at a number in EU...

Inversely, it is better to have 2.8dpp and pay no mu for it than 2.9 and pay 120% for it.

Produce your dmg points as cheap as possible ( dpp )

Reduce you defensive cost as much as possible ( armor, fap )

Regen is somewhat compensated for in loot, but makes swing bigger since you get less loot events per same amount of ped.

ECO is not determined by DPC alone.

Mobs loot average ammounts - your aim is to bring your costs as close to the average loot as possible, sometimes using a slightly less "eco" gun is better if you have higher dps, therefore taking less damage in fap and armour repairs (and letting it regen less). Generally, the BIGGER the mob, the more you can lean towards DPS rather than d/pec (to save on big repair costs).

The most ECO D/pec combos are often relatively low dps, like the z12 combo you mentioned.

Produce your dmg points as cheap as possible ( dpp )

Reduce you defensive cost as much as possible ( armor, fap )

Regen is somewhat compensated for in loot, but makes swing bigger since you get less loot events per same amount of ped.

Dpp is compensated also so..

as with regen? To a certain degree?

This would mean 2.8 dpp and 2.9 dpp means no diff on return, only that the avg takes longer to reach with 2.8 because less loot events for same peds spent as 2.9 ?

How far is it compensated? As long as you dont MISS ?

What ?!!??!!?!

Are you aware thet there were developers note in which MA stated that keeping hi eco is beter and alow to get beter loot ( cumulative ) ?

What you said means that same mob kiled with 2 weapons with same DPS ( or mob without regen AT ALL with diferent DPS ) but differing eco will yeld different basic loot !

What ?!!??!!?!

Are you aware thet there were developers note in which MA stated that keeping hi eco is beter and alow to get beter loot ( cumulative ) ?

What you said means that same mob kiled with 2 weapons with same DPS ( or mob without regen AT ALL with diferent DPS ) but differing eco will yeld different basic loot !

It will. Cheers from someone hunting a lot recently with jungle stalker (2.843dpp). Right before this I used modmerc.

as with regen? To a certain degree?

Well I didn't try with the roman ram so I don't know how much it is compansated since it's hard to notice a difference between 2.8x to 3.x

No clue about misses but if I where to guess I'd say that's on your own bill :/

It will. Cheers from someone hunting a lot recently with jungle stalker (2.843dpp). Right before this I used modmerc.

Well I didn't try with the roman ram so I don't know how much it is compansated since it's hard to notice a difference between 2.8x to 3.x

No clue about misses but if I where to guess I'd say that's on your own bill :/

thats what I suspect....since u doing it just "recently". If eco diference is low then compensation is lo ( if it is at all ). It's easy to check that as for regen but very hard for eco.

I am just reminding MU not taking any role in it, it should be weapon with realy bad DPP right out of it stats....Ram purifier is ok for that but unfortunately don;t have one to make some tests.

On what mob u noticed that Jungle stalker compensate you somehow???

The only reason I went for the non SIB Davidov, is that I need something that can pack some punch if I get in a sticky situation while mining with bigger mobs.

This is a good reason to keep the davidov. But don't ask about eco for it. the only eco reason: If you have a mob 3/4 down with your barbarella and then a big mob shows up to bite your puny armor, then it's more eco to kill the big mob with the davidov then to die and have to walk back, to find the mob has been killed off by nubbo nub the low level killstealer.

There are decent UL sib low priced guns on the market. One of them has been mentioned: the xent tech x2/x3
this combo is nice with an A102. Other contenders for low price ul sib: Ozpyn bp s1x1 is a nice low level ul sib blp pistol, fenris assault shotgun a nice blp rifle, bevis fire fire is a nice ul sib flamethrower, all other available ozpyn weapons that are more powerful than your barbarella.
If you want to consider melee, there are a lot of UL sib choices that do not cost a lot and still are very powerful compared to ranged weapons. Falx, Labrys, Ozpyn rsb/rlb s1x1, Kulokhar glacier sword, Lokabhu electrifier sword, Khorum ice dagger, Philosopher sword.
They can be amped with a melee amplifier I or higher, giving you eco options to counter the bigger mobs.

This is a good reason to keep the davidov. But don't ask about eco for it. the only eco reason: If you have a mob 3/4 down with your barbarella and then a big mob shows up to bite your puny armor, then it's more eco to kill the big mob with the davidov then to die and have to walk back, to find the mob has been killed off by nubbo nub the low level killstealer.

There are decent UL sib low priced guns on the market. One of them has been mentioned: the xent tech x2/x3
this combo is nice with an A102. Other contenders for low price ul sib: Ozpyn bp s1x1 is a nice low level ul sib blp pistol, fenris assault shotgun a nice blp rifle, bevis fire fire is a nice ul sib flamethrower, all other available ozpyn weapons that are more powerful than your barbarella.
If you want to consider melee, there are a lot of UL sib choices that do not cost a lot and still are very powerful compared to ranged weapons. Falx, Labrys, Ozpyn rsb/rlb s1x1, Kulokhar glacier sword, Lokabhu electrifier sword, Khorum ice dagger, Philosopher sword.
They can be amped with a melee amplifier I or higher, giving you eco options to counter the bigger mobs.

NI melee can't be amped - got tricked with that (bought laconian and thought it can carry truma I - sadly no).

Falagor
:bandit:

NI melee can't be amped - got tricked with that (bought laconian and thought it can carry truma I - sadly no).

Falagor
:bandit:

There is a good reason for NI blades not beeing ampable.

Archons Sword + Melee Trauma V

47 dps , 3.030 dpp

its simply a balancing decision not to make them ampable, too many archons,hero and philo exist for it to work without everything getting out of hand balancewise.

There is a good reason for NI blades not beeing ampable.

Archons Sword + Melee Trauma V

47 dps , 3.030 dpp

its simply a balancing decision not to make them ampable, too many archons,hero and philo exist for it to work without everything getting out of hand balancewise.

I don't think it's a matter about that. When did MA think before they acted before? It's more about NI not having a owner that updates the weapon stats I think.

Thanks Spawn, some really good suggestions there. I will have a look at them

Back