Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I find old one better !

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I dont like hogglos, never seen one and/or dont care :P

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

shoti

Deactivated Account
Some time ago Hogglos got graphics upgrade. I am wondering if ppl like it more than old one.
I am specificaly refering to changing it's apearance rather than making textures higher resolution or new 3d model using more polygons etc.

Old one:
old_hogglo.jpg

New one:
new_hogglo.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the old ones more, they were kinda cute :ahh:

Now they look as if they've been on meth for 20 years.

I liked the old ones more, they were kinda cute :ahh:

Now they look as if they've been on meth for 20 years.

haha ya, they are scary looking though unlike the old ones which looked adorable until they ripped your head off with their giant teeth.

I like the new ones though.. they look really polished and scary as they should (IMO)

I'm looking forward to future remodels though.. however, they should bring back the old argonaut skins :D those were awesome

Personally i think old ones had better colors and were more fun in motion ( cute fast run of faty :p )
Those new seems...well, they have nothing special in themselves.

I like the new one alot actually.. But they better not change their mad-cow-sound!

Their closer to the original than many of the conversions.

Hogglo: Entropia Universe's "Doomsday Machine!"

I'm going to use a simple analogy and this goes back to the Old TV show, Star Trek..

Yes, you remember Star Trek if you're over the age of say 45..

Now recently even that show got remasterd and now digitized footage was reshot and put into the thing..

So my question and this goes out to the fans there, which version is more scary? The one on the left/ or the one on the right?

Now if you want to say that the one on thr right is scarier... then stick with the new Hogglo Model.. if you want to twist Reality and just make it look cute (or silly in the Star Trek Case, then pick the one on the left..)

I think that sums it up.. After all there's a big Difference between a dustvil and an EF5 tornado too.

Benjami Ben Coyote (Space Pilto Call sign "Coyote")_
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper' (And ) "His _Dog_Spot"

Not really caring how they look, but incredibly disappointed in the fact that they are now one of the slowest moving, most boring mobs on Calypso. Sometimes MA really baffles me.

I'm going to use a simple analogy and this goes back to the Old TV show, Star Trek..

Yes, you remember Star Trek if you're over the age of say 45..

At least we know George Lucas is keeping himself busy after he sold Star Wars to Disney ;)

Hmmm don't mess with the original, clean it up but don't mess with it :mad:. Sometimes you lose the part that made it good, it's the flaws that make all the difference.

I think the new look better reflects how bloody nasty the things are - they Ninja Spawn on you, die in half a foot of water and agro you from the other side of the planet.

They sure did look cuter before but they were never "cute"

Dieing on a regular basis in the jaws of this nasty critters

would like a mix of both.

color and mesh from old and tooth from new.

Most of the redesigns are losing the bright, characteristic colors of the mobs. I don't mind them adding more realistic body shapes but i like having mobs that look very distinct from one another, and that are fun to look at. Imagine if every mob was as hideous and boring as the faucervix! (Which reminds me... if they want to use the resources to go through and update mobs, why in the world don't they start with the faucervix, which has been much too large for its skeletal animation for years?)

There are some exceptions to that, though: i liked the original argonaut better than the one we have now, even though it now has a bit more color. I also liked the old molisk better.

In the specific case of the hogglo i thought the funny waddling killer circus clown hippo look was awesome. They should have just increased the mesh detail and left it alone.

Last edited:
Back