Question: Weapon skill path

Terabad

Hatchling
I assume a little bit of this will come down to personal preference, but what weapon/profession path would you recommend to a player starting off and why?

Reason I ask is I see alot of people using short blades over ranged.

Sorry if this was already asked.

I assume a little bit of this will come down to personal preference, but what weapon/profession path would you recommend to a player starting off and why?

Reason I ask is I see alot of people using short blades over ranged.

Sorry if this was already asked.

Shorblades is a really good idea to start with

Pros:

1) Increases max HP faster
2) Increases max carry weight
3) Increases Evader level faster
4) UL weapons are cheaper as you skill up.

Cons:

1) More armor decay (which wont be an issue when you don't wear armor)
2) Markup on limited items has a much bigger effect on economy of the weapon*

*Note that as there is no markup on TT (L) weapons, this won't apply to TT weapons.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah thats what I was thinking (Cheaper UL blades) as i am leveling pistol atm I am noticing later levels for pistol its either a huge investment for a good UL pistol or you keep buying L guns....

Im not the biggest fan of buying something cool and it disappearing a few hours later.

shortblades up to far into mid level is a lot cheaper because there are affordable UL sib options.
same goes for longblades.
There are no cheap ul sib options for ranged weaponry, only limited

an example: songkra corrosive dagger sells for 600 ped, 2.892 eco and 43 dps.

you cannot buy an unlimited sib ranged pistol or rifle for that price.

if you amp it up with a melee amp VI it has 2.964 eco and 64 dps , that's the same dps as an isis hl15/A106 combo.

for longblades there is also a nice upgrade path

start with a tt-longblade, then go to a greek blade like a falx/labrys, then work your way up from glacier sword to philosopher, hero, archon and then the shagadi disintegration sword. None of these swords pass the 1k mark in purchase price.

shagadi sword has 2.9 eco and 41 dps and can be amped with amp VII for 2.971 eco and 61 dps.

Only if you want something more powerful the prices get in line with ranged options.

Oh awesome! Thanks for adding the upgrade path Spawn.

So do we all agree shortblades is top tier mid game weapon to level for? Anyone else have some info?

Once again thanks all it means alot to me, I will be investing a ton of time leveling so I want to go into the correct path.

don't forget about clubs.. it's hard to get skilled in clubs in the beginning because of limited options but the castorian combat mace series are fantastic...

Back