The disbalance

Don't forget everyone thought viceroy would be the death of gremlin, yet its lost minimal MU.

Don't forget that not everyone like bound items.

Don't forget the low TT of the armor, will need portable repair terminal on big mobs otherwise you'll lose protection fast.

Don't forget that not everyone has the patience to grind in one planet for 34 days - this assumes that you manage to do all the one time only missions that gives 99 badges total, in one day.
Currently only 3 of the 5 dailies on cyrene are doable, the rest are not (you'll find out soon enough).

I am one of the players who don't mind all of the above. And who really likes that you can get something good in this game with just enough patience and determination and not need a huge ped card.

This is a step in the right direction and I hope all other PP's will follow. Because this type of missions with achievable goals keeps players on their planet at least during their mission (Up to the PP to hook them during this time). This increases revenue for all planets and their economies. It's quite a genius idea imo.

Each PP needs something to attract people and keep them there for sometime. This will allow them to grow their economy and prosper.

You must see the big picture.

Last edited:
The parts have a TT value of 28-30 ped each, that means you will loose protection real fast.

I didnt know that. That's not good news.

So you're looking to upgrade your armor from your nemesis or bear to something that packs more punch.
To be able to hunt Proteron, Leviathan, Formicacida, Frescoquda, Letomie, Furor. You got a new fap so you can withstand them doing 30 ish damage to you.. with your current armor they do 40-60 ish and that's not very comfortable to hunt them in.

You are looking for Tiger, Lion. If you are Lucky you could afford some Martial SGA, dune rider or even angel. If cetus would be available in unlimited you would go for that. You dream of ever being able to afford Protector of the empire, so you also think about that.

Cetus UNL... it exists and I own it... its the only set in game for M or F...

Thanks
Arkon

I didnt know that. That's not good news.

Portable repair station on hot key, click armor, click repair, done. You can do this every now and then throughout your hunt.

Topic adjacent, I know.

If you have armor that protects against cut for 10 damage, and plates that protect against cut for 10 damage, I know that getting hit for 10 cut damage will decay both armor and plates for the full amount even though you're still getting hit for 1.0.

What if, in the same scenario, you get hit for say 2 cut damage? Both armor and plate will decay for 2 damage, but is that decay cost the same amount as the decay from 10 damage?

Reactions: das
Topic adjacent, I know.

If you have armor that protects against cut for 10 damage, and plates that protect against cut for 10 damage, I know that getting hit for 10 cut damage will decay both armor and plates for the full amount even though you're still getting hit for 1.0.

What if, in the same scenario, you get hit for say 2 cut damage? Both armor and plate will decay for 2 damage, but is that decay cost the same amount as the decay from 10 damage?

Kinda seems like you got the cart in front of the horse in terms of understanding armor decay but here's your reference: How armor decays in Entropedia.

Except for the "unexpected protection" part, afaik that whole page still holds true.

ETA back on topic... sort of... when i saw the thread title i thought it was going to be about the fact that, for most of the existence of EU, it was always cheaper to wear armor than to FAP unless you had one of the three or four kinds of uberfaps. That has flipped around completely now, which has disincentivized armor use for the most cautious players. That seems to be a bad direction to go for MA because it tends to reduce output per hour (fapping takes time, armor doesn't) and causes some experienced players to hunt smaller mobs than they otherwise might.

We haven't seen any new improved eco armors the way we've seen a rain of better economy FAPs. Yes, there are the upgraded 5B plates, but the improvement in those is somewhat of a gimmick. Where's the rare but highly sought after unlimited armor with (L) durability (ie > 10,000)? Where's the also rare uber-durability (L) armor (20k+)? Perhaps most importantly, where is the light armor with enough durability to make it a reasonable option over the many uber-noob FAPs that have rendered light armor completely pointless for newer players? Where are the MF damping fields that reduce damage? Where are the items that upgrade the crit reduction potential mechanism that was introduced a while back?

Armor eco maxes out at around 15 dmg/pec for very low damage with the best durability. I think that should be 20-25 dmg/pec for the uber-eco armors to match the current state of FAPs in the EU.

Last edited:
The balance is really understanding your personal skill level and the impact of any armour against your skills.

After the experimental damage against HP evade and skill was brought in on Rex, this methodology appears to me to have been transferred to all mobs on the quiet. Including the amount of ninja dumps. The minjas were so perfect yesterday on three occasions they actually landed between me and the mobs I was shooting (like 3m gap, unbelievable).

So where your armour might be ok for our skills, if could hit someone with more skills than you 3 times as hard. So how good is the armour in that situation?

Obviously the impact of this new armour, means the goal posts will be moved yet again to compensate on Calypso, and the acid attack will be increased on all mobs at the next update to compensate. Meaning the existing armour sets on Caly will be by default nerfed even more to just pieces of crap.

Meaning less people give a shit, armour prices drop even more, and a PP f**king it up for everyone else. Unless of course this is the combined plan for all PP's to totally destroy anything that's left, just to get people on their planet.

What a joke this great game is becoming. The only saviour is pets, lets see how long that lasts before it gets f***ed too. Maybe some entertainment for a year would be nice, before we start to hate that too.

Rick

In retrospect, I should never have made this thread. I am sorry if this thread has somehow influenced the c-team (although they say they made a mistake putting the wrong armor in the a.r.c. mission chain) to change the armor to another (nerfed) L - armor. Maybe I'm being narcistic here.. Maybe I think this song is about me. But if it is..
then I am sorry for all the people who have 170 badges and spent 3 weeks grinding to get to 200 only to find that the reward no longer exists. I will shut the fuck up from now on about new items. Big Mindark is watching us, and not only us, but also lashing out at the planet partners. Ofcourse its up to the planet partner to keep their backs straight and say "A deal is a deal" and "A promise is a promise" . But I learnt that ever since the axe 1x0 "bug" that a promise is never a promise in this game . It's a sad day, and a day where trust was once more... absent.

Well, I went to Cyrene once I heard about the armor mission. I have been there about a month and a half, I have 160 badges and now this happens. I started liking Cyrene though, and do a bunch of daily missions every day, and have started a few of the Iron type missions, I will continue to do my daily's until there is finale word on this issue. I believe at the very minimum, everyone who started the mission before this announcement should be able to complete and receive the original armor. There should be a clause somewhere that states something like this. We got screwed with the axes as someone mentioned, got screwed with foot guards.

But if this goes through, I am getting off of Cyrene. The armor would have been nice, but I was really eying another item that was mentioned. I am not going to mention it here so that people don't complain about that one too and have it removed. But I am not going to bother trying to get the badges for it because they may decide to remove it right before I have enough. I hear tullian(spelling) is having a launch soon, if not soon enough, then back to ark I go.

Back