The disbalance

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
So you're looking to upgrade your armor from your nemesis or bear to something that packs more punch.
To be able to hunt Proteron, Leviathan, Formicacida, Frescoquda, Letomie, Furor. You got a new fap so you can withstand them doing 30 ish damage to you.. with your current armor they do 40-60 ish and that's not very comfortable to hunt them in.

You are looking for Tiger, Lion. If you are Lucky you could afford some Martial SGA, dune rider or even angel. If cetus would be available in unlimited you would go for that. You dream of ever being able to afford Protector of the empire, so you also think about that.

What's startling to me is that all of these fine armors.. cannot compete with....

The new A.R.C. initiate's armor available from a trader at cyrene for tt after doing some short missions on different mobs. It outperforms all of the above armors on the mentioned mobs.
This new armor doesn't have spectacular stats, but one sticks out.. and that is 25 acid..
25 acid combined with both 12 electric and 12 cold and normal lower mid level protection of 14 imp/cut/stab makes this armor a contender for every young, mature mob that deals part of its damage in acid.

You want to do really hard dragons like Garcia dragon or Hendrix dragon on rocktropia?
Fresco on calypso?
thinking about forking out big cash for perseus, mayhem, supremacy, chronicle?

The new armor from cyrene can hold it's ground with those armors on these mobs....
Like viceroy which killed off some tt from gremlin.. This new armor will do some more markup damage.. its untradeable and bound.. So if you have it, you keep it.. And you'll never look for an all round armor for cold/electric/acid combined with imp/cut/stab again.

And yeah, I want one. Am doing the missions on Cyrene right now.

The low imp/cut/stab dont make it very good onn any maturity bigger than young/mature so how can you say that will kill any markup on armors used to hunt real big mobs?
You can never compare it to supremacy and even Mayhem armor is so much better that you will probably never understand it, i guess you never have tried a real armor?

Nevermind, you edited post while i was writing

The low imp/cut/stab dont make it very good onn any maturity bigger than young/mature so how can you say that will kill any markup on armors used to hunt real big mobs?
You can never compare it to supremacy and even Mayhem armor is so much better that you will probably never understand it, i guess you never have tried a real armor?

mayhem.jpg

a picture.... and

Entropedia is your friend for comparing armors. Check it for the mobs I mentioned..

and this is what I said: "makes this armor a contender for every young, mature mob that deals part of its damage in acid." Don't twist my words around please.

Last edited:
Balance is for poor people. :wise:

Has Kimmi not departed this (virtual) world yet?

I see what you're getting at, and that 25 acid armour looks pretty sweet, but good old fashioned gremlin holds up well against the armour mentioned on all mobs but formicacada and even then it's considerably better than nemesis/bear

Also, nemesis,bear,boar,jag etc held their prices even though there were similar much cheaper crafted armours (ghost,phantom,ghoul)

I'm sure there's a lot of people who won't want to spend a month on cyrene to get a bound armour that will end up stuffed in storage or tt when they upgrade in the future.

I'm certain it will have an effect, but maybe not as big as you're thinking. The real problem is that the more people who get these bound items the more the PPs will think we want them and continue putting them ingame until the market is really screwed up.

thanks I'm going there now to get it.
Is it hub only or you can use it everywhere :scratch2:

Good post, looks like an ok armor, like a "bound gremlin".
I wouldn't like bound items myself.
Also I don't think bound items are good for this game generally, maybe shortterm can infuse some cash into the game, but in the long term, binding peds in items is no good for the game.

The part i think is wrong is that MU on those armors would take a hit because of that armor, its just wrong since the other armors you mentioned is far superior on many bigger mobs where the Cyrene armor just cant compete and it should not be able to etiher.

Entropedia is your friend for comparing armors. Check it for the mobs I mentioned..

and this is what I said: "makes this armor a contender for every young, mature mob that deals part of its damage in acid." Don't twist my words around please.

Considering that now Jaguar parts drops like Gremlin in the past, I think that Jaguar would be better. ;)
Also Jaguar is not player-bounded armor. 25 acid? Use Pulsar 4 plates for Proterons. ;)

PS I use eMINE PG UL (close to Jaguar) / Gremlin for all purposes

The part i think is wrong is that MU on those armors would take a hit because of that armor, its just wrong since the other armors you mentioned is far superior on many bigger mobs where the Cyrene armor just cant compete and it should not be able to etiher.

That's a true answer and a better one than insulting me.

Fact is that Proteron and Leviathan are popular mobs. Formi now has an iron mission so it may become more popular. Fact is also that a lower mid level player with nemesis/bear/boar will find these mobs pretty hard to hunt solo. Now they can fork out ped for ul jaguar/tiger/lion/angel/martial/
or they can buy this arc armor from the tt, after doing some missions. What would mr nemesis choose? That's my statement.
Not about higher level non-acid mobs.

on proteron young:

arc initiate/5b: 29.5 dmg
tiger/5b: 34.1 dmg
lion/5b: 36.8 dmg
angel/5b: 32.2
martial sga/5b: 36.1

on leviathan provider:

arc initiate/5b: 32.9 dmg
tiger/5b: 34.7 dmg
lion/5b: 44.6 dmg
angel/5b: 37.6
martial sga/5b: 31.6

on frescoquda guardian:

arc initiate/5b: 34.5 dmg
tiger/5b: 40.7 dmg
lion/5b: 50.5 dmg
angel/5b: 44.9
martial sga/5b: 41.6

on formicacida strong:

arc initiate/5b: 31.6 dmg
tiger/5b: 39.3 dmg
lion/5b: 34 dmg
angel/5b: 27.4
martial sga/5b: 40.3

on letomie old:

arc initiate/5b: 37 dmg
tiger/5b: 51 dmg
lion/5b: 50 dmg
angel/5b: 46.2
martial sga/5b: 55

Last edited:
Are you upset on something but still going for this new armor ? :scratch2:

Are you upset on something but still going for this new armor ? :scratch2:

I want one.. not upset, just saying it may have an impact on current calypso armors markup.

as much as i hate seeing alot of new changes where things becomoe non tradeable or Ava Bound , we all need to realise the old PE days are just that , OLD , and its time to get with the new , i have had my fair share of losses with buying / selling armors guns etc , the monopoly that once was , is slowly becoming no more in some aspects

Enough DPS and Evade... you won't need armor :laugh:

That is a mighty selective list of mobs. No armor is needed for Proteron anyway, and I would take better imp/cut/stab over 25 acid at any time.

With some cheap acid plates all of those armor sets you mention are far superior to the initiates. All of them.

Armor is an expensive thing, usually allowing people to hunt something they really should not.

It's just like, usually the right thing for you to hunt is 20 levels below what you have in mind ;)

Either you plan on hunting A LOT, or just realistically asses your budget (like question yourself do I have 20k ped bankroll ? because that's maybe what you need for proterons and you dont anyway need an armor for them).

Or you just want time from time to have fun on a bigger mob, while focusing on mobs of your level and in that case just get some L shit ;) (Tiger, Jag, Perseus)

So again, unl armor is like an unl gun. It can save you money, but you have to freaking use it, else it makes no sense.

BTW, if you decide to go for Angel (which is an awesome armor) , let me know, I have one set for sale without harness ;)

EDIT: one more note, stay away from UNL jag or tiger L version is just more eco lol , if you want something similar and unl get phantom maybe)

Take a look at the tt of the armor.

I am a sterotypical mid level player, I depo about $60 per month - my highest profession is level 46 and I have noticed that actually as you progress you realise that from day one you have been hunting stuff well above your ability and this has been costing you a lot of ped.

Increasingly I do not use armour at all and when I do it is usually adjusted pixie - with or without 2A plates, I have ghost and viceroy but I keep coming back to the idea that if I can t hunt in adj pxie with 2a's (or other low level plate with different protection ) i really should not be hunting that mob at all. I t is just not eco. Now I like everyone else likes to take on big mobs every now and then but this is a laugh a bit of fun occasionally for a couple of hours or a special event like the WOF.

My peds go much much further when I hunt like this and slowly you start to move up the mob ladder. Damn I can kill atrox providers naked if I am careful and in the adj pixie and 2a's I can let the buggers over run me. Young Hogglos and prots still eat me for breakfast but i am nearly good enough to hunt spiders without fapping but that is in ghost 5'bs and the armour decay costs are very high.

Adjsuted pixie - 2a should be everyones standard for their level- you should be killing 90% of the mobs you hunt in nothing more than that .

Your plates chioce is wrong. You must use plates with acid protection, all other protection can be provided by your armor

That's a true answer and a better one than insulting me.

Fact is that Proteron and Leviathan are popular mobs. Formi now has an iron mission so it may become more popular. Fact is also that a lower mid level player with nemesis/bear/boar will find these mobs pretty hard to hunt solo. Now they can fork out ped for ul jaguar/tiger/lion/angel/martial/
or they can buy this arc armor from the tt, after doing some missions. What would mr nemesis choose? That's my statement.
Not about higher level non-acid mobs.

on proteron young:

tiger/5b: 34.1 dmg
lion/5b: 36.8 dmg
angel/5b: 32.2
martial sga/5b: 36.1

on leviathan provider:

tiger/5b: 34.7 dmg
lion/5b: 44.6 dmg
angel/5b: 37.6
martial sga/5b: 31.6

on frescoquda guardian:

tiger/5b: 40.7 dmg
lion/5b: 50.5 dmg
angel/5b: 44.9
martial sga/5b: 41.6

on formicacida strong:

tiger/5b: 39.3 dmg
lion/5b: 34 dmg
angel/5b: 27.4
martial sga/5b: 40.3

on letomie old:

tiger/5b: 51 dmg
lion/5b: 50 dmg
angel/5b: 46.2
martial sga/5b: 55

Your plates chioce is wrong. You must use plates with acid protection, all other protection can be provided by your armor

I understand but mr nemesis only has 5b

I understand but mr nemesis only has 5b

Remember one rule, all plates have much better eco then armors (definitelly 5b , 6a etc.. series)

If you are planning to customize yourself for a specific mob, look first at plates before armor :)

With pulsar 4 plates.. results remain the same....
arc initiate offers more protection Against mobs that do part acid dMg. .. for some missions and a TT purchase price.

Last edited:
With pulsar 4 plates.. results remain the same....
arc initiate offers more protection Against mobs that do part acid dMg. .. for some missions and a TT purchase price.

How long is the quest chain? How much does each piece cost?

Sounds like good armor, regardless of how it compares to other's or whether or not it can be traded.

How long is the quest chain? How much does each piece cost?

Sounds like good armor, regardless of how it compares to other's or whether or not it can be traded.

You need to gather 200 badges. 100 can be gained by hunting various mobs. 12 of this 10 of that. the other 100 are from doing 5 small daily mission. So at least 20 days of hunting for the daily mobs

I dont know what the armor costs at the trader.

on proteron young:

arc initiate + Pulsar 4: 20,1 dmg
Gremlin + Pulsar 4: 32,3 dmg
Jaguar + Pulsar 4: 26,4 dmg

on leviathan provider:

arc initiate + Pulsar 4: 24,7 dmg
Gremlin + Pulsar 4: 39,1 dmg
Jaguar + Pulsar 4: 31,6 dmg

on frescoquda guardian:

arc initiate + Pulsar 4: 17 dmg
Gremlin + Pulsar 4: 26,8 dmg
Jaguar + Pulsar 4: 25,9 dmg

on formicacida strong:

arc initiate + Pulsar 4: 23,1 dmg
Gremlin + Pulsar 4: 42,9 dmg - not good in this case
Jaguar + Pulsar 4: 31,9 dmg

on letomie old:

arc initiate + Pulsar 4: 19,5 dmg
Gremlin + Pulsar 4: 34 dmg
Jaguar + Pulsar 4: 34 dmg

So, as you can see, in all cases there no reason to use arc initiate with 5b plates, because you can use Gremlin (cheap, non-bounded) with Pulsar 4 plates with the same protection. Also, you can see, that Pulsar 4 can give you better protection than 5b plates with arc initiate armor, because most mobs deals a part of acid damage. In this case cheapest way is to use Gremlin. You not need any hardcore grind to aquire arc initiate armor.

Looks like the arc initate armor with pulsar 4 provides more protection than the other armors with pulsar 4.

Not too shabby.

The parts have a TT value of 28-30 ped each, that means you will loose protection real fast.

Back