explosive bps unbalanced and needs nerf

this bp is like if they put a big gun you could buy in the tt machine but the gun has decay your crafthing dont

ma did like they always doo invent something whit out knowing the what else there going to fuck up

the bp could have use something that low in mu not like there not a good choice out there even they could have put that bp you can use anything up too the 20 ped for each click

anything there going to make that dont uses resource that poeple do ingame is a bad idea

amo and probe are not the same as cube we have decay on item you sit there a just click or set to auto

the explosive bp is the baddest thing the invented after the clds a payout that give out for the rest of the life of the game it should have had a limits on years paid a never ending death

amo and probe are not the same as cube we have decay on item you sit there a just click or set to auto
there is a decay on the grenade launchers, just like there is a decay on the mining tools. If people are choosing to not actually use the explosives they crafted is another issue...

i will tell you why i was so fascinated about PE when i found it...
there were no quests, there were no rules..
my quest was go out there and find stuff others need to sell them for real cash..
this was a thing i never saw before, all was about real cash economy of goods...

+Rep, I said something similar in another thread recently. Very true. Economy used to be exciting. Now it's very predictable.

Most animal oils are now under 102%, the economy is crying out for this BP to be nerfed.

For MA this BP is a money maker. For the game as a whole, it can slowly destroy it... When everything in this game is worth TT, this game dies :)

True, but they have all been steadily lowering of late, even before the Gold Rush. The reorganisation of the loot tables on Calypso and this BP have only appeared to have lowered MU across the board. While the BP may have been needed to prop up revenue in the short term, as Juan states, if the economy limps along, or collapses, it's shortsighted and self defeating in the longterm.

Indeed the BP was clearly inserted into the game for 2 purposes:

1) Provide very cheap residue to try and make crafting items more feasible and inexpensive
(part of their "reducing cost to play" mission)
2) Remove gambling players from the core of the game

Oddly enough the results were that no one continued to craft items, because residue was a source of markup that crafters needed to cover losses/break even.
A second unintended consequence is the sheer volume of "gamblers" that all of the sudden came out of the woodwork and clicked these things 24/7

Before they were clicking mining amps or dino shoes or scopes, but now it's straight up explosives

Less players have an incentive to mine, so mining amps and tools have tanked and generally sit on the auction for days and days
Now hunters complain about a lack of weapons on auction at a reasonable price because not everyone can afford 5-50k UL SIB.. But then they complain about not being enough "good markup guns" in loot because the hunting loot markups for oils and hides are just trash now.

Simple fix = bring back the trinity... Hunters and miners need to depend on crafters and crafters need to depend on hunters and miners...

Right now hunters just hunt with the shit that they loot, so why should crafters ever craft weapons or armors?
Also... 90% of said craftable weapons and armors either require materials that no longer drop, or they're so substandard to the looted items that no one will buy them anyways.

Short story: "We're fucked and something will need to give before this whole thing goes belly up. Many players will not continue to play and deposit if the prospect of profiting has all but vanished for the game..

MA should know better than everyone that for people to keep depositing and joining the game, some people have to win and some people need to be able to profit and profit often, otherwise where's the incentive to keep skilling up and getting good gear when you're still just going to lose? :scratch2:

P.S. I encourage everyone to send this in a support case for suggestions... they've all but started ignoring me when I suggest winning ideas such as this.

P.S. I encourage everyone to send this in a support case for suggestions... they've all but started ignoring me when I suggest winning ideas such as this.

I agree in the main with what your saying, but truth be told if MA and PP's can't see the issue i really can't be bothered to point it out to them. My give a f%*k factor just isn't there let them do as they will, at the end of the day it's their pay packets that rely on their decisions.

I still "play" which involves waiting crazy amounts of time for things to sell in order to do something, but yes when explosives account for 90+/99 hofs it would take a blind,deaf man to not see an imbalance.

I agree in the main with what your saying, but truth be told if MA and PP's can't see the issue i really can't be bothered to point it out to them. My give a f%*k factor just isn't there let them do as they will, at the end of the day it's their pay packets that rely on their decisions.

I still "play" which involves waiting crazy amounts of time for things to sell in order to do something, but yes when explosives account for 90+/99 hofs it would take a blind,deaf man to not see an imbalance.

I think this has huge effect on PP too. With no craftier whats the point of them bringing out new BP for people craft if no one crafts. This make its harder for players to sell the planet specific items. Alot guns used to be crafted on ark, but you hardly see them crafted now. It was not for kong and D class amps where would RT be now? Toulon and Cyrene is really struggling to get anywhere now.

this is not true i think

Indeed the BP was clearly inserted into the game for 2 purposes:

1) Provide very cheap residue to try and make crafting items more feasible and inexpensive
(part of their "reducing cost to play" mission)
2) Remove gambling players from the core of the game

i think they don't care if crafting is more feasable or not. after expl bp they added a bunch of new weapons into hunting loot pool.
just few new bps for whips and wood cutters...
i think they added the bps to remove all barriers like limited supply of ressources etc so that the gamblers can click 24/7 without any hassle. its all about maxing the ped cycled.

i agrre in the beginning it seemed like they wanted to strengthen the bounds between the profs...but as time passed it becomes clear that this is not te case...they just want bigger cycle..shrapnel also..

they want away from player driven RCE, they want MA driven RCE

Last edited:

Yeah I have to say I try to not keep more than a 10-20k ped stake in this game for this reason...

It's evident that either MA refuses to hire an economist because they're off in la la land with compets and just assume that everything will be find and dandy when they're done with that and come back to EU... but it just won't be.

In my opinion.. the way my life is headed I won't be playing this in the distant future anyways for a lack of time, so if upper management continues to sign off on decisions like crapnel and explosives bps then to hell with it.. When they're out of a job and filing bankruptcy I'll just be over here in a corner saying I told you so.

But srs anyone with a remote education in economics and political economy can understand that the current system isn't sustainable. shit is like keynesian economics 101...

I realize it's a natural order of things, people can't play the same video game for 20-30+ years.. but I've noticed a drastically increased number of sellout threads and "skills for TT" threads. It's just damn depressing.

Right now just clicking strongboxes is your best chance for sustainability

I refuse to click explosives out of principle alone.. even I II and III

There is a reason why MA split the professions with hardly any cohesion, if you have not realised what the reason is by now then it's time that you found out what it was about. Because by then you would figure out and see that MA will not do anything to bring back that cohesion the game once knew.

fffffff

I can't understand why they added theses BP.

Players are crafting from TT, selling to TT (No auction fees or % is ever payed to anyone)
So, what about supply and demand ? "economy" ?(lol)
and then
What are they getting "payed" for ? (not selling or buying anything except for one BP).

That does make everything else useless . One player could join entropia, craft EP for life, get ath and that's it !
not a single interaction with others, not a pec of decay,not a single trade, nothing.
ME and my BP ... nice program!

i know 90% of stuff goes to TT anyway, but if you can play @ 100% , there is nothing left .
Thoses who play big can now do it without any cost... and soon everyone will craft EP , might as well stop hunting/mining

*edit" add some flashy lights/interface to construction machine and it s just slot machine... pathetic!

Okay fellow Entropians,

It has almost been a whole year with this thread actively added to on at-least a weekly basis. My question to all who have posted in here...

Do we all submit a support case as a "Protest" with the link to this thread and ask them to think about it over Christmas to fix this issue.

Somthing along the lines......

Subject: Explosive IV Blueprint needs nerf.

Hello Mind Ark.

It has been a year of submissions to and a year of ideas on how to improve the game play and market place/prices. Resources are crashing/ well Crashed now.... Creature materials are also of very little value.

Please can you all "The Mind Ark Team" read this thread from beginning to end (over the Christmas break) and think about what has been said its been a fairly sensible debate, but in my eyes it seems that the Affirmative for "Explosive IV Blueprint needs nerf" is the winning side.

There is a lot of good idea's that could help the economy, with modification of the ingredients of Explosive * Blueprint down to complete removal of them.... think there is some middle ground which would benefit all.

As I currently see it you have created a Token for a slot machine that requires no interaction with other players needed, in my opinion this removes economy from any equation.

URL to the thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...70341-explosive-bps-unbalanced-and-needs-nerf

Thanks for your time.

PostHistory PostHistory Hax.

as you can see I am no word smith but I'm sure you get the idea now.

Okay fellow Entropians,

It has almost been a whole year with this thread actively added to on at-least a weekly basis. My question to all who have posted in here...

Wow a year passes so quickly :), tbh seems explosive bp's are here to stay and is an intended consequence in game.

Adapt or quit as we often say in here, and in the main doesn't bother me as much now although crafting hof table i never look at now as i know will be 90+ expl hofs and 5-10 "rogue" ones.

I'm sure MA have had a flood of support for/against them, for me though i have seen some advantages with lower residue, amp costs etc.

I think time to move on and deal with the changes, for me at least :).

Wow a year passes so quickly :), tbh seems explosive bp's are here to stay and is an intended consequence in game.

Adapt or quit as we often say in here, and in the main doesn't bother me as much now although crafting hof table i never look at now as i know will be 90+ expl hofs and 5-10 "rogue" ones.

I'm sure MA have had a flood of support for/against them, for me though i have seen some advantages with lower residue, amp costs etc.

I think time to move on and deal with the changes, for me at least :).

Thanks Norbert,

I truly respect what you have to say and I usually am as well quick to say the same thing "Adapt or quit" but with no MU means less game play. And in what I would have to say has been the ONLY game I have played for near on 10 years..... to quit would mean to change my life :D (Thats sad) :D I feel like I'm apart of the community and I am merely advocating for a change for the better for the community and for the game play.

Kind Regards.

Thanks Norbert,

I truly respect what you have to say and I usually am as well quick to say the same thing "Adapt or quit" but with no MU means less game play. And in what I would have to say has been the ONLY game I have played for near on 10 years..... to quit would mean to change my life :D (Thats sad) :D I feel like I'm apart of the community and I am merely advocating for a change for the better for the community and for the game play.

Kind Regards.

It's the sad truth..Ma has done all in theres power to get down MU on all items and loot parts in the game for the past 2 years and if you dont have any MU you will always lose at least 90% of all deposited money so where is the point to continue deposited money.

:twocents:

Keep the bps.. make the nanocubes a byproduct of shrapnel. Problem mostly solved. Honestly, just take the first step.

Thanks Norbert,

Kind Regards.

I do think that economy has been affected, but all depends what MA/pp's are aiming for i guess. People have said for years game is to expensive, now mark ups are lower i guess has achieved a percieved cheaper EU. However is ofc a double edged sword as now is harder to gleam profit due to lower mark ups :laugh:.

I still think the IV print was a mistake, but can't see them going anywhere and what about people who have bought the prints etc. MA could take nanocubes out of tt and give out with shrapnel maybe, or refine shrapnel/residue to make nanocubes.... . Anyway is their call, all we can do is make the best of things and adapt some if we can.

All the best

Dibbler

Last edited:
Yes, crafting is a slot machine. Always has been.

MA is not as stupid as you think, either. Crafters tend to burn through PEDs faster than any other profession, and I'd say crafting has the highest ratio of "big spenders". Don't forget, for every huge HOF you see, there is an even larger loss behind it. Obviously the explosives have been a big success for MA in terms of generating a ton of crafting revenue. I don't see them going anywhere.

MA is not as stupid as you think, either. Crafters tend to burn through PEDs faster than any other profession, and I'd say crafting has the highest ratio of "big spenders". Don't forget, for every huge HOF you see, there is an even larger loss behind it. Obviously the explosives have been a big success for MA in terms of generating a ton of crafting revenue. I don't see them going anywhere.

I was about to direct this message to magnus mag... Is he really serious on what he posting? or he trying to show people that he has an idea that can ask developer to nerf something or trying to ruin this game for certain group of small players?

One of the great part about this game is players can choose what they want to do in many ways. Why nerf something that is not even a bug?

Why not you experience it yourself, crafting explosive pro? Then tell people your super results?

Why don't you post the same thing on harvesting? I have soooo much in me wanted to nerf harvesting :mad:

I was about to direct this message to magnus mag... Is he really serious on what he posting? or he trying to show people that he has an idea that can ask developer to nerf something or trying to ruin this game for certain group of small players?

One of the great part about this game is players can choose what they want to do in many ways. Why nerf something that is not even a bug?

Why not you experience it yourself, crafting explosive pro? Then tell people your super results?

Why don't you post the same thing on harvesting? I have soooo much in me wanted to nerf harvesting :mad:

i don'tr care what ppl gamble on or click or do...

it is not about "oh so much high hofs i want too!!"...

but i care when MA destroys the whole RCE economy which get me hooked when i joned 10 yrs ago...

but there is no point to fight anymore i guess...it is clear to me which direction MA is going...away from RCE with economy...just very expensive freemium game...

but there is no point to fight anymore i guess...it is clear to me which direction MA is going...away from RCE with economy...just very expensive freemium game...

Wait, when was it ever not this?

Sad but true. At first I found it odd that so many supported MA moving away from RCE this last year. But since so many seem to like the new version of the game then at the end I guess it's good for all and best for MA since I guess they found RCE has failed.

Wait, when was it ever not this?

Back in the day. Can't remember when things changed exactly.

Mining was profitable, things like Lyst were selling at 120-130%... Ruga for 5000%... the in-game economy was just healthy.

Crafting was also in a good place. Residue prices were high, crafters could sell their skills to recoup losses (ESIs were much cheaper too I think).

Hunting felt like a gamble, but I recall seeing a lot more armor parts and other items with actual MU in my loot window...

Honestly looking back I don't know how PE was sustaining itself back then. MA must have been losing a ton of money. But with the influx of strongboxes and all this other nonsense, you'd think the EU economy would be stronger than PE ever was. :scratch2:

Honestly looking back I don't know how PE was sustaining itself back then. MA must have been losing a ton of money. But with the influx of strongboxes and all this other nonsense, you'd think the EU economy would be stronger than PE ever was. :scratch2:

Also many will debate this but I still have a feeling that the WebShop has no link to the ingame system. All money from the sales offline go to MA. Which again is a good thing for MA but still kind of messing up the ingame system. Doing this is one more way MA can lock PED in game since again there is no link between the two. If I'm wrong then have to ask why is MA doing it?

Actually no, it doesn't show turnover either. At least not in an accurate way. The only thing the tracker shows is high cash betting. That is all. If I use myself as an example, I have very low numbers on the tracker as an individual. Mainly because I mostly hunt in team, and also because my main turnover as an individual never or very rarely generate any globals registered. Yet I may very well have a higher turnover and activity than someone with 500K registered on the tracker.

It's like a coach of a football team, he is the team's worst player but have the greatest knowledge.

Back in the day. Can't remember when things changed exactly.

Mining was profitable, things like Lyst were selling at 120-130%... Ruga for 5000%... the in-game economy was just healthy.

Crafting was also in a good place. Residue prices were high, crafters could sell their skills to recoup losses (ESIs were much cheaper too I think).

Hunting felt like a gamble, but I recall seeing a lot more armor parts and other items with actual MU in my loot window...

It's just a supply and demand problem. The difference is that PE was growing very rapidly at that time, and now EU is barely growing (perhaps it is even shrinking?). Add the fact that tons of UL stuffs have been dropped over the last decade, you arrive our current situation of getting barely any MU from our loots.

To profit in EU, you must gain it from other players. You just can't win against MA over any long periods of time. I think someone said along the lines of "If you see the newbie area of EU empty, it is time to cash out and GTFO" in another thread and it is very much true.

Back