SUGGESTION: Universal ammo for melee fighters / repair balance

allarom

Old Alpha
Allar allarom Mark
Nothing to do with this ammo if you're melee fighter.

Good idea would be if i can load it to my repair balance, so i can use this balance with repair terminal or portable repair unit.

If MA needs that it's not used reasonably instead of giving bad return while hunting, it can be restricted all other items but melee weapons.

Other idea that popped up to my mind, it would be cool if it's possible to fill this balance by drain from other items (or only melee weapons) that i don't use but still like to keep in my storage with min tt.

This will be win-win to both:
  • MA will earn from our bad return instead of keeping this value on unused items / universal ammo.
  • We can drain our items value on items what we really use

Sell shrapnel to portable TT, repair gear with the peds.
Yes, you miss the 1%, call it a viking tax on being awesome :cool:

Or just make a Shrapnel-repair-terminal for melee or something. Anyways, would only work on UL weapons. If it gets implemented and works on L weapons, I will present to you the biggest rage PCF has ever seen.

^^ This, for years people TT'd loot with relative low MU, unless I have a stack over 20 ped anything under 105% MU went in the TT machine, heel I have soc mates who have played for years and TT anything they loot unless it is over 110% and only then if it is an item with a TT value over 50 ped.

All the die hard eco heads will die of shock but it is true. At least with mainly ammo and shrapnel you the worst you lose is 1% on the shrapnel. I have portable TT and Repair terminal and I just go out for hours recycling my ped and recharging my swords. Sure I lose a bit on the decay of the portable units but then before poratble terminals you would have to go back to the nearest outpost to repair everything and that cost ped unless you walked and that cost time.

Ammo is zero MU so you can always chuck that in the TT machine and 1% loss on shrapnel if it goes in TT is nothing.

The shrapnel 1% MU by converting is just an MA tool to make you go "wow Shrapnel an extra 1% - I must convert to ammo and tahdah guess what happens next - you go out and shoot that ammo" SFW it's only 1 % that you are going to fire off anyway.

Melee has a lot of upsides not least of which is the low MU on a decent SIB UL item - it also has it's down sides - like the 1% MU loss on shrapnel if you sell to TT instead of converting, like life - you pays your money and you takes your choice.

its pretty sad to loose that 1% everytime i tt 200-300 ped worth of sharpnel, sometimes dayly sometimes over 3 days. But the higher im going to hunt the more im going to loose, right now it might be 6-21 ped wasted a week, but in the future it might be even up to 100 ped a week. Would need 30 CLD to compensate the loss :O.

But i dont care really, as meele weapons tend to be much more ECO than ranged, but then u need to add the armor repair and heal cost, which i dont care either, as i hunt small stuff.

For future it would be nice to sell Sharpnel for 101% to TT but for now im okay :scratch2:

I'd like an option to use uni ammo ( or shrapnel for that matter ) to repair my melee, too. At the moment i have to look up buyers which is a hassle most the time.

It'd be nice if they could work out a way to make universal ammo cut TT loss in half, for an equal value in loss of ammo. That way (L) melee users could use it in as well.

It'd be nice if they could work out a way to make universal ammo cut TT loss in half, for an equal value in loss of ammo. That way (L) melee users could use it in as well.

To use 101% ammo to make, say, a 150% sword to decay 2 times slower, effectively cutting markup in half? Nice try :) Also the sword would become 200% by the next week due to the market reaction.

To use 101% ammo to make, say, a 150% sword to decay 2 times slower, effectively cutting markup in half? Nice try :) Also the sword would become 200% by the next week due to the market reaction.

It would mean the death to UL weapons.

When people buy/use MF chips they factor into their decision the fact that they're unable to add an amp to their chip. Pistol users can't shoot 100m, laser rifles can't use blp amps. NOT ALL WEAPONS ARE THE SAME.

A 150% melee sword would be so uneco that my brain is sad to think about it.

For example, bicak rex (L) at 100% is 2.874 damage/pec. At 150%, it's 1.916 damage/pec.

Because melee doesn't use ammo, any markup goes to the entire ped amount going out, instead of the relatively small cost of gun decay.

Even at 105%, that same weapon's eco is reduced to 2.737 damage/pec.

For this reason, I don't use (L) melee weapons.

A "repair" option is fine for (UL) melee users (like myself), but it's just unfortunate that (L) melee users still wouldn't be able to utilize universal ammo like (L) gun users can.

Yeah if universal ammo could be fed into repair terminals, that would be amazing!

A lot of fuzz about sharpnel, but seems noone in here haven't seen universal ammo as event rewards or in starter packs? If this suggestion will work only with UL melee weapons, it'll still be big step for melee fighters

A lot of fuzz about sharpnel, but seems noone in here haven't seen universal ammo as event rewards or in starter packs? If this suggestion will work only with UL melee weapons, it'll still be big step for melee fighters

I agree. +1

Exactly!

This isn't about shrapnel.....

Its about what a melee user can do with Universal ammo should they end up with some(*Ark daily missions reward is Uni Ammo)

How about MA add a slot in the repair UI to drag and drop uni-ammo to be used as Peds to repair all UL items

If you're thinking starter packs; consider that nowdays all melee weapons sold in trade termials are (L).

Or just make a Shrapnel-repair-terminal for melee or something.

Well that'd work for shrapnel; which is accumulated from hunting; that still leaves the issue of Universal Ammo only applying to guns.

Universal Ammo and shrapnel is useless to a melee fighter.

Shrapnel converts to "Universal Ammo"
Webshop allows purchase of "Universal Ammo"

Both those venue's lead to "Universal Ammo"

Which is used for?

MF attack chips
Guns (laser/blp)

Excluding the melee hunter.

You can't turn Universal Ammo into ped...
You can't sell Universal Ammo....
Can't trade it....

So yeah if there was a little box in the repair terminal that allowed you to pay for your repairs with Universal Ammo....

But then you could technically repair vehicles.. armor.. etc with "Universal Ammo"... so then it wouldn't make sense to call it Universal Ammo anymore...

Guess we'll keep tossing ideas around..

What I do is use laser/melee
So I burn the UA on my laser and use the loot sales etc. to pay for repairs on the melee stuff..

When people buy/use MF chips they factor into their decision the fact that they're unable to add an amp to their chip. Pistol users can't shoot 100m, laser rifles can't use blp amps. NOT ALL WEAPONS ARE THE SAME.

I am not talking about varieties of different weapon types, i am talking about forcing to use weapon with UA support if MA "rewarded" you with this.

Comparison to quoted statement: If you're highly skilled pure MF fighter and you will be rewarded with "Universal Amplifier". You can't tt it, you can't trade it, you need to use it with some low level gun/melee just because you have it. Without any entertainment you simply use it because you have it- nonsense ...

Back