Reverse conversion of Universal ammo

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Ok, we saw that MA has stopped us TTing Universal ammo. As you know converting Shrapnel to Universal Ammo 100:101, which essentially allowed a 100Ped TT of Shrapnel to become 101Ped TT of Universal Ammo, and thus if you TTed it you made 1 Ped profit.
Now, this has been ceased, but means once your UA balance is less than that needed for 1 shot of your gun its useless!
Thus I sent a support case asking if we can convert UA back to Shrapnel 101:100, hence at least we can free up the Ped. This shouldn't be hard for MA to do, especially as they have made it clear that they don't want us to TT the UA.

Thoughts

... and thus if you TTed it you made 1 Ped profit. ...

Wasn't it that if you TT'd it, you got nil back?
ie, you could get rid of it that way, but you didn't get a refund.

Can't say as I ever did that, as I use ranged weapons, but there was some discussion of it in Rookie chat last night.
I was under the impression that it stopped being TT'able as people were cliking past the warning message without reading, then complaining to Support.

yeah once it converted to UA, you never got shit for it

Ok, we saw that MA has stopped us TTing Universal ammo. As you know converting Shrapnel to Universal Ammo 100:101, which essentially allowed a 100Ped TT of Shrapnel to become 101Ped TT of Universal Ammo, and thus if you TTed it you made 1 Ped profit.
It gave you 0 peds for it, as it was like quest items, no ped value whatsoever if ttéd. So not 1 ped profit, but 100ped loss. The introduction was made ,cause ppl often tt´ed their universal ammo, hoping to get some money for it. Yeah there was popup saying you shouldnt, but when did EU players read the popups before?

Now, this has been ceased, but means once your UA balance is less than that needed for 1 shot of your gun its useless!
Thus I sent a support case asking if we can convert UA back to Shrapnel 101:100, hence at least we can free up the Ped. This shouldn't be hard for MA to do, especially as they have made it clear that they don't want us to TT the UA.

Thoughts

Why is it useless? Doesnt gun change automatically to other type of ammo after its(universal ammo) is all out? Or you mean ammo is useless, you can always convert some extra shrapnel for it and do the last shot.
the additional 1% was added so ppl would spend more on hunting. introduction of reverse conversion would mean that ppl have chance to stop hunting when loot is bad. I doubt MA will do it. If you dont want to hassle with it, then just dont use universal ammo (it is mandatory you know...)

I suspect that would beat the reason why the UA was introduced in the first place, which is to tie up your peds. A couple of times I had to make unplanned depo to buy something urgently from auction even though I had few kk in ammo. I usually keep it as shrapnel until the last moment, but the need of cash tends to arise just after you have it converted :)

if you convert sharpnel to universal ammo

you just do in behind scenes remove TT overall sum about you account
if you going hunt without decent return gratz you just decrease you account value

Example if burn 1000 ped in normal ammo okay my account worth same value (ma going give me hof at some point)

but

if burn 1000 ped in universal ammo , uniammo dont have tt value right? see problem guys?
enjoy :0 and its my 2 pec

if you convert sharpnel to universal ammo

you just do in behind scenes remove TT overall sum about you account
if you going hunt without decent return gratz you just decrease you account value

Example if burn 1000 ped in normal ammo okay my account worth same value (ma going give me hof at some point)

but

if burn 1000 ped in universal ammo , uniammo dont have tt value right? see problem guys?
enjoy :0 and its my 2 pec

Universal ammo has tt value, but it cant be converted to peds. (Via trade terminal. Yes it can be turned into peds, by hunting with it but then the conversion rate is about 1000ped of UA to 900ped tt of loot)

..and thus if you TTed it you made 1 Ped profit...

This part was not true, you actually got nill or very little back of you TT converted universal ammo.
I have started to convert my shrapnel, or at least as much I plan on using..why not? You get more ammo and I will use ammo anyway.

Great idea! Also love that you get ammo in the loot so you don't run out of it that fast :)

As was mentioned, this would defeat the purpose of the universal ammo. It's given as part of the starter packs and other offers from the web store, often as part of a package deal with a higher TT than the cost in $ would suggest. By making the balance an un-ttable ammo, MA ensures it is cycled rather than just exploited/withdrawn.

I suspect this change was made to protect idiots from themselves.

I'd prefer that the bonus 1% of the shrapnel conversion be limited to those that are going to use it as ammo. If what was described in the first post was possible, that little freebie markup would become the exploited bitch of resellers, ilke almost everything else in game.

Need the developers on more important things.

Back