Anyone maintaining Entropedia?

Falagor

Stalker
Society
NBK Rangers
Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
Hello,

i would like to ask if there is still anyone maintaining Entropedia with admin rights to change site structure?
If no then please ignore next question.

If yes:
is there any possibility to add Implant selection for Melee in general "Weapons" secton (similar to BLP and Energy) and not just in "Weapon compare".
Simple reason: you can just comapre weapons there that you added from the list and can't compare whole list (with possible filters i.e. "SIB = No" or "Class = Melee").

So far i was really not interested in melee (i am not much more now tbh too) but i can see an issue there.

----

Also:
i have noticed that even simple mistake or no fill in "Amplifier" column (i.e. BLB Amp instead of BLP Amp) will result in not inlcuding amp effect on the weapon - so everyone who fills this information please make sure it is filled and filled corectly: BLP Amp, Energy Amp, Melee Amp.

Here is list what i think is mandatory to fill for having most filters working properly:
- Class
- Type
- Damage
- Range (editing not working atm becasue there is bug)
- Attacks
- Decay
- Amo (even if it is melee - fill 0!)
- Max and Min TT
- SIB
- Amplifier
- Ammo (not sure about this but good to choose right one just in case)
- Rec levels (and of course maxed levels too if you know them)

I will try to fill some missing info on those categories if i can but it is slow process and will take some time.

----

Let us not alow Entroepdia to die! :).

Falagor
:bandit:

Ok i stumbled across first problem wih filling:
can someone answer me if Flamethrowers can be attached with amps (BLP amps)?

I am guessing that there is also problem with NI melee too... there is no way to check if particular melee weapon can or can not be attached with amp without buyign it and actually trying it...

Also - i wonder same about those weapons that are used in Cyrene Hub only - btw i think those should be filled in totally different section to prevent confusion...

Falagor

I am guessing that there is also problem with NI melee too... there is no way to check if particular melee weapon can or can not be attached with amp without buyign it and actually trying it...

Also - i wonder same about those weapons that are used in Cyrene Hub only - btw i think those should be filled in totally different section to prevent confusion...

Falagor

NI weapons can not have amps attached. Flamethrowers can carry BLP amps afaik, but regarding the flamies i am not sure as i did never own one

NI weapons can not have amps attached. Flamethrowers can carry BLP amps afaik, but regarding the flamies i am not sure as i did never own one

Yes - thats what i thought but could you list all of NI melee please? So far i think only those are from there:
Archon's Sword
Falcata
Falx
Hero's Sword
Labrys
Laconian Sword
Philosopher's Sword

Also: Bemo edited this item on Entropedia last time and in comment he poste that this weapon also can't be attached with amp:
NIP

Are there any other weapons that can't take amp? If anyone knows them - please post them here.

Also - what about Cyrene Hub weapons? I would guess they can't take amps too - but can anyoe confirm that? And full list of those weapons would be nice too (i might go Cyrene Hub one day if noone posts this).

Falagor

Never owned one myself, but I hear that the ravenger mini sweepers are unable to take an amp.

Ok i have fixed few things:

- some small letters/mistakes in columns: Class, Type, Amplifier - so now filters should work correctly.
Some classess are wierd - like one Eron is classified as "Crossbow" and few as "Rifle" - this seems inconsistent and should be changed imo but for now i leave it like that.
- added "Melee Amp" to most melee weapons (or "No" in cases i knew they can't be attached)
- updated SIBs in few cases (where it was obvious someone forgot to put it)

Now if we could get this dropdown list: "Select Melee amplifier" it would be great!

I know Serica is watching over Entropedia changes qutie closely so if you have contact with some admins - please do - it should not be much work to get this dropdown list with all its functionality.

Falagor

Hi Falagor, I've had far less time to help update Entropedia data since JC stood down as mod here, as the forum takes up a fair bit of my available time. When I've checked the Latest Updates from time to time though, there still seems to be quite a number of users helping to keep it going.

I notify Siniko on Skypoe of threads/posts about Entropedia made here, although I've not heard back from him since November last year.

It's possible that one of the 'Trusted User Group' can add the dropdown list you want, but if something goes wrong in doing that, Siniko may not be around to fix it.

Hi Falagor, I've had far less time to help update Entropedia data since JC stood down as mod here, as the forum takes up a fair bit of my available time. When I've checked the Latest Updates from time to time though, there still seems to be quite a number of users helping to keep it going.

I notify Siniko on Skypoe of threads/posts about Entropedia made here, although I've not heard back from him since November last year.

It's possible that one of the 'Trusted User Group' can add the dropdown list you want, but if something goes wrong in doing that, Siniko may not be around to fix it.

Ok - thx for reply.

Well it seems that it would be very usefull to have it. Melee amps improve eco a lot it seems and it would be great to see it in "general sorting" by eco in main weapon page and not only in weapon compare (where visibility on this matter is limited).

I guess that if there is responsible Trusted user that knows how to do this - it might be worth asking him.

Asking community first if they want to take this risk is of course good idea too.

Falagor

Also: Bemo edited this item on Entropedia last time and in comment he poste that this weapon also can't be attached with amp:
NIP

Yea the NIP was not able to take any regular amps. When I asked Meg (the NI Dev) she said it was cause they were supposed to have their own line of amps for the NI weapons and that would be the only ones that NI weapons could use. Might be one reason why they never adapted the AG blades to use regular amps.

Another flash-in-the-pan open source developer.

It's really a shame he insisted on going it alone when he was given the reins, because now it's another year later with an increasingly outdated and broken platform.

Does anyone else have the login information?

My understanding was that he was rewriting the code when I talked to him on skype to extend the offer to take it over and improve it. But that was almost a year ago.

Falagor

FYI, RT melee weapons can't take melee amps... But maybe you already knew.

Hey,

I'm wondering too if there's still someone maintaining Entropedia.

If yes, could every matuarity get it's own loot table instead of loot table based on creature?

At the moment it's impossible to see/figure out which items are droped by which matuarity.

Did Witte sell Entropedia? I thought he owned it?

Did Witte sell Entropedia? I thought he owned it?

Witte continues to own the Entropedia site. However, due to work committments, from early/mid-2013 he had (and still has) no time to continue development.
I continued to exchange emails with him to try to ensure the site would continue.
After some discussion, in about March last year he appointed Siniko as site admin to maintain and develop the site.

Siniko apparently decided that, for whatever reasons, before he could actively work on the site he wanted to review, and possibly substantially re-write the code. I understood the site used an older version of C# and that some syntax was deprecated etc.
Contact with Siniko though more or less disappeared about last November, and I stopped receiving replies via Skype.
However last week I received a short message from him saying he had been busy with work but would try to at least 'release the map'. (I'm hoping that means he's working on the 'Locations' section of Entropedia, which has been inoperable for well over a year now.)

OK, thinking about writing my own. Just need to finalise some concepts in my head, so that it may generate some kind of revenue for me, to make it worth my while.

I thought about it too. It has always bugged me that Entropedia did not have an actively maintained mirror.

I'm coding something up at the moment, just need to figure out a revenue stream model for it.

If I can get anywhere with it, it will have a web service, web UI and perhaps even some mobile applications.

There might even be provision for some windows UI tools, but I'm getting the DB side of things sorted initially.

Back