FYI: Equus vs L quad

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
Just some information for you guys.
The Equus is slower than (L) quads if you dont cheat.

I went to space (without any loot) Took a equus up, and next thing I know, wayyyyy behind me is a L quad shooting but out of range.
Within the next minute this L quad was on me and shot me down.

So now I wonder why the Equus didnt all sell

Maybe the will sell if MA bans the cheaters

I went to space (without any loot) Took a equus up, and next thing I know, wayyyyy behind me is a L quad shooting but out of range.

What was your max weight at the time? But yes..your right :)

Interesting.

I took adm's red-cab service flight Caly -> Ark and we had micjack right behind us as soon as we started.

adm flew straight and left him in the dust. Soon enough we were safe enough to warp.

I cal BS on this, the Equus cannot be out ran unless loaded down.

Get two people with the same vehicle on one of the EU racetracks and set them to auto move and see how well you both do. One of you will be able to eventually lap the other person. Different connections, locations and computers matter.:wise:

Equus is faster if your less than 95kg. When adm took me up in his we caught up to a L Quad very quickly. If you get the weight wrong then it's a problem.

I don't own a equus but why the limited the way price was super high for a empty equus traveling and in space and get shot down by L quads
That's kinda slap in the face :mad:

Equus is faster if your weight is less than 100 kg
The rest depends on how badly you navigate in space and are able to fly.
Without cheating ordinary quad can not catch up the Red
This is tested several times by me.
I've never been shot down on a Red Quad.

Added: I draw your attention to the fact that the space is three-dimensional and the main pilot mistake is the inability to navigate. That's what makes you a victim of pirates if they do it better than you.

Last edited:
Which gives micjack credit for not using the speedhack.

I don't know this, but for sure no pirate was able to fly at same speed than my Equus when I was under 100 kg, considering I am in space daily and I have left behind all the pirates so far when under 100 kg, I suppose the trick is not enough to beat Equus top speed.

Yes please everyone take Aeris's advice and start spamming the map lol, it will make you go super fast!

.....and super banned.....

As soon, as someone trying to do what you doing - you always screaming about bans.

Currently, to made MA fix something - you just need to heavily abuse it.

Yes please everyone take Aeris's advice and start spamming the map lol, it will make you go super fast!

Please tell me one person that's been banned for opening and closing their maps.

Really! Banned? because I know of a full soc using it and nobody has been banned.

if you kids keep it up ill hand people the solution to never missing in space. pirating will be a mess after that nobody will be safe, not like how it is now with the pirates having every advantage.

Reactions: das
I don't know this, but for sure no pirate was able to fly at same speed than my Equus when I was under 100 kg, considering I am in space daily and I have left behind all the pirates so far when under 100 kg, I suppose the trick is not enough to beat Equus top speed.

Listen to this :wise:

This is someone who has more info than "Oh I heard it from someone who saw a video showing it but the video is not available now and it only lasted 10 seconds but I am ASSUMING it to be 100% true".

Honestly this is so retarded, MA can't "do" anything because there is nothing to do and because of customer relations they are in a position where they can't just turn round and say "your all imaging it"

but that's what it is

Honestly this is so retarded, MA can't "do" anything because there is nothing to do and because of customer relations they are in a position where they can't just turn round and say "your all imaging it"

Yep, I once imagined a quad which flew in direction opposite to mine from a SS, disappeared from my screen along with all other ships but reappeared 10 seconds later and caught up with me in the next 20. If I didn't know it was just imagination I could assume its speed was 1.5 times more than mine. Happily, nothing like that can happen in reality and it was my unruly imagination that blew me up.

Yep, I once imagined a quad which flew in direction opposite to mine from a SS, disappeared from my screen along with all other ships but reappeared 10 seconds later and caught up with me in the next 20. If I didn't know it was just imagination I could assume its speed was 1.5 times more than mine. Happily, nothing like that can happen in reality and it was my unruly imagination that blew me up.

Lol No Svarog :rolleyes::laugh: I accept you didn't imagine that but it's issues with the client <communication> with server and you say yourself that the quad "dissapeared" that's not a hack it's just some shit your seeing on yuor client. The other guy doest teleport his quad to you he is just flying normally.

Basically we need to test it, it all just sounds like technical problems, lag etc

Here is my question, can someone prove they can travel faster? so fly 5 AU,

if yuo can shave a decent chunk off that time then I will believe you but I doubt it

you say yourself that the quad "dissapeared" that's not a hack it's just some shit your seeing on yuor client. The other guy doest teleport his quad to you he is just flying normally.

Basically we need to test it, it all just sounds like technical problems, lag etc

Disappeared as he fell off the radar range and reappeared as he caught up and entered it again. No teleport, a normal flying, just very fast.

Hard to test as no one in their mind would install the necessary software and risk their account. It's not the "map spam" trick, it's a bit heavier artillery.

edit: thanks mitsuwa for the video, it seems that the map thingy is just as good if not better.

I actually already have memory editing software. It's useful for some of the server things i do as a hobby. But yea, there's no way i would hook that up to EU, even more so having seen what I saw after i finished with the video. Also, glad you enjoyed the video!

Really! Banned? because I know of a full soc using it and nobody has been banned.

if you kids keep it up ill hand people the solution to never missing in space. pirating will be a mess after that nobody will be safe, not like how it is now with the pirates having every advantage.

You have no power...no insights...nothing but empty threats.

what a lame

Aeris_is_back is 100% a pirate and he didn't leave because of what he thought of us, he found some rich guy to get gifts from...and there is no auto shoot with out missing you lame!! your a bum who want attention and fame from something he has no idea...he has known for years about that speed thing yet only speaks up after he see's some1 else...he would sell his own mother for 10k peds!! only reason new soc took him in is to use him for the lil he knew about space and that was no help... #BUM

Dang, at least 2 times (with different ppl) i've asked a pirate hiw the hell did u gain on me if i was leveled out and flew a straight line? And both times they readily explained it's not about speed at all. Should have continued the conversation but, u know, next moment u are shot down, then u revive, repair, answer a PM, fly out again - and by then u already forget about this conversation...

Anyway, what we have here is prolly 3 (or maybe more) completely different things all mixed up:
  1. The real speed hack, using 3rd party programs (memory editor that alters variables client side. if used modestly the next client-server update might not detect the slight difference in speed. Just a wild guess, never tested and i don't advise anyone to test it on EU either...)
  2. Problems with the client computer, and most importantly with internet connection (if that's the case safe mode can indeed be a cure)
  3. "Map exploit" (not sure it really qualifies as an exploit?) and the like (no 3rd party software involved)

With certain reservations we could prolly add 4th in this list: Poor piloting skills
The game engine doesn't use polar coordinates (like our everyday physical reality). Here the same distance measured along different angles can give different results. (Is NOT the case if you fly in a straight line after someone who's flying in a straight line).

Back