If you thinnk that Quad is fast you should see me in bed!

Quick bump here, this bug has still not been addressed/fixed by MA at all.

If used correctly you can easily avoid pirates (who undoubtedly ALL use this bug) that are trying to chase you.

its an exploit and using exploits is against the EULA. if this exploit would make MA lose money this thing would either be fixed asap or at least everyone using it would be banned. but as MA is not losing anything with it they simply dont care. basically every pirate would need to be banned as all use the exploit. so sad that MA just doesnt care cos they are not affected

its an exploit and using exploits is against the EULA. if this exploit would make MA lose money this thing would either be fixed asap or at least everyone using it would be banned. but as MA is not losing anything with it they simply dont care. basically every pirate would need to be banned as all use the exploit. so sad that MA just doesnt care cos they are not affected

If you flip back in this thread you'll see that it was reported to MA and they do not acknowledge as an exploit.

They chalk it up to "differences in graphics performance" or some nonsense like that.

So.. exploit away folks, MA has given you the green light. But do so at your own risk I suppose, never know when MA will feel like changing their mind.

Would be great to get some input from Ludvig!

guess they dont consider it an exploit because its a bug that they cant fix because its in their engine. too much work for too low profit for them.

If you flip back in this thread you'll see that it was reported to MA and they do not acknowledge as an exploit.

They chalk it up to "differences in graphics performance" or some nonsense like that.

So.. exploit away folks, MA has given you the green light. But do so at your own risk I suppose, never know when MA will feel like changing their mind.

Would be great to get some input from Ludvig!

I just don't understand, why they not install a cool down to the map open/close function. This is a really more as easy to do fix!
It is done within 5 min of coding.

so this is how people "glitch jump" while hunting proterons or similar slow mobs to out run them, or is that something else?

so this is how people "glitch jump" while hunting proterons or similar slow mobs to out run them, or is that something else?

It best work with vehicles, all around.. just click 4 times a second the map open/close, and the vehicle move faster.

Thats why i say, they could easy fix it, with just add a cooldown to the map function, so you can only open the map once within 2 seconds.

Can we please close this thread? This bug has not existed for a long time, all these people still complaining are uninformed.

PS I think MA is doing a great job!

I disagree. This thread should be sticked at the top so everyone can see your soc's legacy. It always pains me to see noobs joining your soc not knowing what it was founded on :(

Something else.

This bug has not existed for a long time

Right. We'll just take your word for it ;)

Anyone else care to chime in? Still appears to work for me.

Guys, don't fall for his bait. He wants you to turn this into accusations and shaming so moderators have to close the thread.

Just smile, don't break the rules with your replies (or dont answer at all) and let the thread be :)

Let's be smart :thumbup:

Sticky!!!!..... this exploit is still there :)

Im so well behaved never use exploits or break rules :) ;)

#space_flight ~ connecting pilots with players traveling through space to other worlds

I disagree. This thread should be sticked at the top so everyone can see your soc's legacy. It always pains me to see noobs joining your soc not knowing what it was founded on :(

So my soc was founded on exploits...so dumb. A long time ago when this bug actually existed it was a small advantage at best and it was used against us as often as we used it. Since it has been removed really nothing has changed for us. Still killing the same amount of people getting the same returns.

Something else.

Right. We'll just take your word for it ;)

Anyone else care to chime in? Still appears to work for me.

You should take my word for it as I know everything there is to know in space.

As you said it appears to work for you....appearances can be deceiving. Why don't you really test it if you don't believe me.

Guys, don't fall for his bait. He wants you to turn this into accusations and shaming so moderators have to close the thread.

Just smile, don't break the rules with your replies (or dont answer at all) and let the thread be :)

Let's be smart :thumbup:

No I want the mods to close this thread because people keep posting to it complaining of a bug that no longer exists. Thanks for assuming my motivations were more sinister though. :smirk:

No I want the mods to close this thread because people keep posting to it complaining of a bug that no longer exists. Thanks for assuming my motivations were more sinister though. :smirk:

Since when is that fixed? I don't know that this got fixed, so others do. Don't close this thread.

The only solution is to dump every exploit know to public forums so their little pets no longer have the upper hand.
And that is why this thread needs a sticky.

The only solution is to dump every exploit know to public forums so their little pets no longer have the upper hand.

And that is why this thread needs a sticky.

You guys keep perpetuating this idea that pirates have a giant bag exploits/hacks at our disposal and that's the only way we can survive.

THE REALITY:
There was only ever one exploit/bug that affected space flight and that was the map spam thing. It was used to hunt us, get away from us and catch up to targets. Overall it wasn't that advantageous and has been removed from the game for probably 8 months now.

There is no and never was an auto aim/auto shoot program that people cry about. The idea that one exists is fueled by the disbelief that pirates can at times land all of they're shots despite the target trying to dodge them using just hand and mouse. Between MicJack, SmokeItUp, Chances and myself we probably have over 35k kills in space, why wouldn't we be able to land all of our shots by now? It's called survival of the fittest, the pirates that are still in space can shoot better than most people can breath and that's the only way we were able to make it this long.

I've been saying this for awhile but I'll say it again the only exploits left in space are the ones that allow people to travel through space risk free. Space PVP is a game mechanic, calling it stealing is insane. However logging out while your being shot at to avoid being looted is a lot closer to stealing in reality, you directly cost me peds and time.

This thread is old, irrelevant and inaccurate hence close it.

if any of you wish to test if it still works just head up in space put a team target on a friend and one of you use the bug. My self I do not know I have been gone some time.

There was only ever one exploit/bug that affected space flight and that was the map spam thing. It was used to hunt us, get away from us and catch up to targets. Overall it wasn't that advantageous and has been removed from the game for probably 8 months now.

Got to love that 100% pure grade A bullshit :laugh:

The speed up bug was used almost exclusively by pirates, specifically nebulas, to loot and harass legit players for well over 2 years. All the while you claimed there was nothing funny going on and that you were just better.

The fact that you are about the only nve that can keep their hands clean long enough to have a niche web forum argument without getting banned is all the proof I need of your socs supposed righteousness.

The speed up bug was used almost exclusively by pirates, specifically nebulas, to loot and harass legit players for well over 2 years.

Unless your claiming you were present each time this exploit was used you can't say it was almost exclusively used by one person or one group because you don't have any proof either way.

All the while you claimed there was nothing funny going on and that you were just better.

I have said in the past that I didn't see any issues with using this exploit and I have also said I was just better. One does not negate the other.

I see you haven't bothered to test if this bug still exists........afraid of proving me right?

Unless your claiming you were present each time this exploit was used you can't say it was almost exclusively used by one person or one group because you don't have any proof either way.

I have been shot down many times because of this bug. I know many that have been shot down because of this bug. Many have posted videos and written accounts of being shot down by this bug. Every one was a legitimate player being shot down by NVE. Chances even spent 1 hour + abusing this bug to track me down and shoot me just before the server border one day just because I called him on this shit.

Stop trying to go "ho ho ho can't prove a negative, that means I'm innocent!"

I'm sure others knew about it and I sure hope some used it against you.

I have said in the past that I didn't see any issues with using this exploit and I have also said I was just better. One does not negate the other.

Don't try to play coy here, you and yours did not say there was no issue using it, you guys specifically said there WAS NO exploit. Saying its ok to use and exploit is bad enough, denying for 2+ years that an exploit even existed is a whole 'nother level of douchebaggery.

I see you haven't bothered to test if this bug still exists........afraid of proving me right?

Because I don't really care about the current state of the bug, I care about you trying to erase history. Spreading the truth about nve and riling you up is far more fun than logging into the game anymore.

I have been shot down many times because of this bug. I know many that have been shot down because of this bug. Many have posted videos and written accounts of being shot down by this bug. Every one was a legitimate player being shot down by NVE. Chances even spent 1 hour + abusing this bug to track me down and shoot me just before the server border one day just because I called him on this shit.

All anecdotal, I could provide the same evidence but It wouldn't prove anything.

Stop trying to go "ho ho ho can't prove a negative, that means I'm innocent!"

That not what I was doing.....or possibly I have no idea what that means.

I'm sure others knew about it and I sure hope some used it against you.

Woops there goes any moral high ground you may have had.

Don't try to play coy here, you and yours did not say there was no issue using it, you guys specifically said there WAS NO exploit. Saying its ok to use and exploit is bad enough, denying for 2+ years that an exploit even existed is a whole 'nother level of douchebaggery.

Not true, I did point out that this was happening very early on and provided video evidence:
my post from 2012

Last edited:
A bit of clarification, I am speaking to you as a representative of NVE as a whole, not you personally being as the others can't control themselves enough to have a conversation. I don't believe I've ever come across you in game but from what I've read/heard about you are probably the only pirate with the tiniest hint of honor. I have absolutely zero respect for your fellow comrades which is why I speak and will continue to speak so negatively about NVE.

As for anecdotal, sure one or two does not prove anything, but 1000 players vs 10 pirates sure does show a trend. My statement there was showing that you try to hide behind that by going oh gee I said this, they said that well we just can't be sure whats going on here. Enough data points and the trend becomes clear.

I claim no moral high ground. I just wish to make sure NVE doesn't try and sneak themselves on to any. A noob believing what MA has said about space and joining NVE with out knowing your socs history of cheating and exploiting saddens me greatly so I will always speak loudly and proudly when one of you pokes their head out of the shadows.

I had forgotten that you posted that video as close to the inception of the exploit as you did. It was after abusing it and only in retaliation to someone using it against you but at least you admitted it so props for that. I can not say the same for the rest of NVE. Every interaction I or others had with them, they denied anything fishing going on. If MA hadn't broken chat logging I would have chances on record well after that video denying any wrong doing while he repeatedly shot me down.

In the end it took another 2 years before anyone brought forth hard evidence of the exploit.

I also quite like this :laugh:

The bottom line is in space the difference between life and death is sometimes just a few seconds, so something like this even though it seems minimal could have a dramatic effect on both sides.

Overall it wasn't that advantageous

I also quite like this :laugh:

LOL yeah I was hoping you wouldn't catch that......older self and future self don't always agree :scratch2:

LOL yeah I was hoping you wouldn't catch that......older self and future self don't always agree :scratch2:

Now I finally know how you were able to catch me yesterday... Yes, I am accusing you, Xane, of cheating. Still very satisfied for the loot you got.

Last edited:
Now I finally know how you were able to catch me yesterday... Yes, I am accusing you, Xane, of cheating. Still very satisfied for the loot you got.

I think its against forum rules to accuse someone, by name, of cheating? I don't care but rules is rules....:D

I think its against forum rules to accuse someone, by name, of cheating? I don't care but rules is rules....:D

Well you asked in previous posts for some proof. I can testify than you used exploits to catch me. Also your no reply rage after the kill...delicious.

Back