New event Entropia Wacky Races

sibernut

Mature
Society
VTOL Flyers
first cibernut alive
This is to introduce the all new racing event Entropia Wacky Races

When: Saturday 14 February What time: 10:30pm mindark time Duration: Approx' 80 mins
Where: Ring-road near Chugg's Hideout teleport Meet-up point: Chugg's Hideout teleport
Vehicle required: Valkyrie Mk1

PRIZES: 1st place 70 peds. 2nd place 50 peds. 3rd place 30 peds.

Details/rules:
. There will be three qualifying heats of approx' 20 mins each with the first one starting at approx' 10:30pm mindark time. Each heat will have 12 contestants.
. The winner of each heat goes through to the final round.
. Deliberate cross-country/off-road tactics are not allowed (excepting accidental spin-offs due to collision, etc).
. Six strategically placed event marshals or stewards will monitor the event at all times.
. The first three to cross the 'winning line' will be awarded prizes as detailed above.

This will be a fun racing event for all that take part, initially to take place every two weeks on a Saturday at the same time of 10:30pm. All things going to plan, this will be increased to every week. The vehicle used will not always be the same just to keep things interesting and other race venues are also planned.

The entry fee for this fantastic event is just 7 peds, the cost of just a few rounds of ammo. See you there.

Delona events in association with cibernut

If anyone would like to sponsor this event in return for exclusive coverage, please PM me here on PCF or in-game (in-game name is cibernut, not sibernut).
----
Death Lords (Delona) is one of the biggest socs in EU with plenty going on and are now recruiting, so if you're interested in joining them, look them up on a soc terminal.

I think the 7 peds entry fee its just to much for this kind of event, but its only me.

GL with the event.

I think the 7 peds entry fee its just to much for this kind of event, but its only me.

GL with the event.

Considering that the entry fee for many events are 10 peds at least, I don't think 7 peds (7 US cents...) is that high. Just me saying :laugh:

I think this is a great idea! Good to see people setting up events and making EU more interesting.

Hope to see lots of people signing up :)

I think this is a great idea! Good to see people setting up events and making EU more interesting.

Hope to see lots of people signing up :)

Thanks scurvy :) The original Wacky Races used to be my fav TV prog way-back-when, that's why I thought of it :D

Entropia Wacky Races

This is to introduce the all new racing event Entropia Wacky Races

When: Saturday 14 February What time: 10:30pm mindark time Duration: Approx' 80 mins
Where: Ring-road near Chugg's Hideout teleport Meet-up point: Chugg's Hideout teleport
Vehicle required: Valkyrie Mk1

PRIZES: 1st place 70 peds. 2nd place 50 peds. 3rd place 30 peds.

Details/rules:
. There will be three qualifying heats of approx' 20 mins each with the first one starting at approx' 10:30pm mindark time. Each heat will have 12 contestants.
. The winner of each heat goes through to the final round.
. Deliberate cross-country/off-road tactics are not allowed (excepting accidental spin-offs due to collision, etc).
. Six strategically placed event marshals or stewards will monitor the event at all times.
. The first three to cross the 'winning line' will be awarded prizes as detailed above.

This will be a fun racing event for all that take part, initially to take place every two weeks on a Saturday at the same time of 10:30pm. All things going to plan, this will be increased to every week. The vehicle used will not always be the same just to keep things interesting and other race venues are also planned.

The entry fee for this fantastic event is just 7 peds, the cost of just a few rounds of ammo. See you there.

Delona events in association with cibernut

If anyone would like to sponsor this event in return for exclusive coverage, please PM me here on PCF or in-game (in-game name is cibernut, not sibernut).
----
Death Lords (Delona) is one of the biggest socs in EU with plenty going on and are now recruiting, so if you're interested in joining them, look them up on a soc terminal.

I won't be back in Caly in time for this event, or I'd be in. 7 PED is like killing one beladoth, but this promises to be more fun.

I wish all the contestants luck!

/mod note/ new for same event thread merged with existing thread

this is sounds like a great event
there was some tries in the past to make that kind of events (on caly and on ark (ark have amazing race track) ... and if I remember corect there is a track on NI too) ... unfortunatly after several races all ended ... so I realy hope this event to becom a weekly event (and maybe changing planets in some weeks) and more and more players (racers) to come (ofcourse I will be there :)
and 7 ped is not much for most of the players, but for a new non depositor player is a fortune, so maybe in the future when more players or sponsors come it can be lower to 5 or 3 or 1 ped ...

With best regards
OLD NICK

I won't be back in Caly in time for this event, or I'd be in. 7 PED is like killing one beladoth, but this promises to be more fun.

I wish all the contestants luck!

Well, not enough interest was generated anyway, so being postponed to next Saturday.

this is sounds like a great event
there was some tries in the past to make that kind of events (on caly and on ark (ark have amazing race track) ... and if I remember corect there is a track on NI too) ... unfortunatly after several races all ended ... so I realy hope this event to becom a weekly event (and maybe changing planets in some weeks) and more and more players (racers) to come (ofcourse I will be there :)
and 7 ped is not much for most of the players, but for a new non depositor player is a fortune, so maybe in the future when more players or sponsors come it can be lower to 5 or 3 or 1 ped ...

With best regards
OLD NICK

I'm hoping to make it a weekly event eventually, I just thought that an initial two-weekly event would get the ball rolling. If and when any sponsors come onboard, then I intend to lower the entry fee to 5 peds, maybe lower. The reason why it's 7 peds atm is to mainly to cover the costs for enough marshals/stewards to monitor the event because the ring road at chugg's hideout is quite big.

Considering that the entry fee for many events are 10 peds at least, I don't think 7 peds (7 US cents...) is that high. Just me saying :laugh:

Just pointing out 7 US cents is not 7 PED but 0.7 PED...

I would recommend you start smaller and get more experience in running and promoting events before you try something like this. Before I became a "professional" event promoter I ran a number of small and free-to-enter events at my own expense, as well as some society events, in order to get a feel for things, hone my organisational techniques, and, perhaps most crucially, get a reputation for running good events before I ever asked anyone to hand over PEDs.

Good luck.

Back