Mindark fix this!! (Hogglo Diablo event)

Where did this happened? (location, we are 3 pages down this thread)

On the official Calypso page and in client I see just some info about either a robot invasion ("The Robots keep returning! This autumn they seem to be up for something of unprecedented proportions".) or about some shady Gareth individual messing with turrets. It is at one of those 3 coordinates?

Is the hogglo in any way related to this? Sorry, I'm not able to follow anymore the weak, weak, weak "story" line and the manual spawns at the developer whims.

skilling pilot ok, but dont block the view people!

yeah for sure...the only real problem is the ones that go afk, when their ship dies, they fall to ground and block the mobs...most are staying high up and are not afk, but the afk ones are ruining it

yeah for sure...the only real problem is the ones that go afk, when their ship dies, they fall to ground and block the mobs...most are staying high up and are not afk, but the afk ones are ruining it

Jetpack RK5ers would solve that lmao

Did not even know we had a pilot skill, what is that for?

Is not exploit, people who vtol around got decay and that fill loot pool for hooglo hunters and you profit there in hunt,
So everyone happy!

It would be nice by now to hear of an official statement regarding this and if not whilling to, just reboot the server..

So what's the difference between having one of these eat your ship, or a space mob? Will be the same skills gained surely. Is the only difference that you can repair it in situ? Like you can with a larger spaceship?

Sorry, I'm just not seeing the point of it being so exciting to do on planet when hundreds of people have been doing it in space for years!

Although on the plus side, it would be fab to see the people who are getting a taste of the skills for the first time to come join the happy wee community in space soon too to continue to reap the skills :)

Anyway, I hope the loot is good :)

So what's the difference between having one of these eat your ship, or a space mob? Will be the same skills gained surely. Is the only difference that you can repair it in situ? Like you can with a larger spaceship?

Sorry, I'm just not seeing the point of it being so exciting to do on planet when hundreds of people have been doing it in space for years!

Is what i said, if anything space mobs with privateer / MS is more of an "exploit"
No decay whatsoever on those

This was main issue, no lag for me at least and was very concentrated with players, observers etc. People who were afk and burned through fuel were the biggest issue imo.

Is what i said,
I saw that you said it wasn't an exploit, which is neither here nor there in regards to what I was wondering.

I am curious as to know what the big hoo haa is, if the same thing can be done in another area. :scratch2:

I mean, apart from being able repair in situ (like on a big ship) what is the benefit?

Fun certainly, and gives people a nice taste of the space skills, but seems a bit silly when there's thousands of space mobs who can do just the exact same thing, and have been for years!

I saw that you said it wasn't an exploit, which is neither here nor there in regards to what I was wondering.

I am curious as to know what the big hoo haa is, if the same thing can be done in another area. :scratch2:

I mean, apart from being able repair in situ (like on a big ship) what is the benefit?

Fun certainly, and gives people a nice taste of the space skills, but seems a bit silly when there's thousands of space mobs who can do just the exact same thing, and have been for years!

spawns are erratic in space, unless it was recently changed.
I got bored hunting in space for that reason, i spend a good part of my time looking for the mobs and not hunting them for example.
Not to mention all the weapons give sick overkill for the mobs without having chance to use a smaller one

spawns are erratic in space, unless it was recently changed.
I got bored hunting in space for that reason, i spend a good part of my time looking for the mobs and not hunting them for example.
Not to mention all the weapons give sick overkill for the mobs without having chance to use a smaller one

That's understandable. But from what I'm gathering, these guys aren't shooting the big mobbies from the spaceships right? Just letting them munch a bit. That can be done rather quickly at any training grounds near the space stations. The mobs spawns are all quite centralised in their own wee corrals now
( relatively speaking in space centralised terms, at least not a few thousands light years a part :D )

I guess it allows people with vtols and quads to get their ships munched, getting a taster of the space skills, and can repair at the location in order to rinse and repeat. I hope it encourages some new folks to keep going with it after this is gone :)

Would be blooming pants for me right enough :laugh: So I'll just sit here and hope after this someone fancies chippng out some cheap pilot skills! :laugh::silly2:

** Buying pilot skills 5k%*** :D :D :D

Last edited:
The problem is not that people are skilling spaceship, its that they hover too low, or land, and obstruct those of us who are trying to shoot mobs. Some of them are AFK'ers who run out of fuel, but a lot of them are doing it deliberately.

It's a major player obstruction issue that needs MA's attention.

I guess it allows people with vtols and quads to get their ships munched, getting a taster of the space skills, and can repair at the location in order to rinse and repeat. Which is fair do's :) I hope it encourages some new folks to keep going with it after this is gone :)

Keep that black hole to yourself we dont want to go there, not really a space taster either. you might of forgot we have gravity down here and can breathe outside of a ship... :tongue2:

note: i am not partaking in this exploitable addition....

And... skilling here with Vtols is much easier then being in space where you need to get to a gateway, repair, then go back out again. This is very very easy to fast gain HP.

Other then that, the increased lag makes it very hard to hunt, all them extra textures/sounds/lights/particle effects from 100+ Vtol's over your head...

Also most of the Vtol's are in the line of sight so it messes up your chance (if you have invested alot in event gear) to get something.

its clearly something mindark have to look into, action to be done? thats harder.

Keep that black hole to yourself we dont want to go there, not really a space taster either. you might of forgot we have gravity down here and can breathe outside of a ship... :tongue2:

note: i am not partaking in this exploitable addition....

Oh shush Landlubber! :laugh:

In general, 3 additional points of health will cost you from 3 to 4 Sleipnirs. I believe that the destruction of so many Vehicles (by my count per day to 1,200 units) - is very good for the economy.

In general, 3 additional points of health will cost you from 3 to 4 Sleipnirs. I believe that the destruction of so many Vehicles (by my count per day to 1,200 units) - is very good for the economy.

Only 2 sleips needed if you use skill pills :)

Although on the plus side, it would be fab to see the people who are getting a taste of the skills for the first time to come join the happy wee community in space soon too to continue to reap the skills :)

because this is space skilling turned up to ELEVEN

It was crazy. Two L350 mobs hitting constantly for 1s. I gained roughly 1.5 PED TT of evade per hour. If it is the same for those in vehicles; it is insanely unbalanced.

It was crazy. Two L350 mobs hitting constantly for 1s. I gained roughly 1.5 PED TT of evade per hour. If it is the same for those in vehicles; it is insanely unbalanced.

The funny thing is what will happen once most ppl "leech" and not enough "seeding".

Also do they stop giving skills after 2 min like normal mobs?

The skill is called "Spacecraft Pilot". Are you in space? :)

Can't believe the reaction to this, even from the usual exploit ranters. But I don't care, just an observation.

Can't believe the reaction to this, even from the usual exploit ranters. But I don't care, just an observation.

I do not think we see any reaction, except that the next time the event will be in places closed for vehicles or in PvP :laugh:

Depends on your current skills though surely.

So there is a much great skill gain than on say locusta or Dropshit(p)s?

Has anyone with big pilot points tried yet in comparison to space mobs? Ill maybe rustle up some guys and work it out if not :)

Depends on your current skills though surely.

So there is a much great skill gain than on say locusta or Dropshit(p)s?

Has anyone with big pilot points tried yet in comparison to space mobs? Ill maybe rustle up some guys and work it out if not :)

TT value of gains is the same. I have tested with other skills. To put it in perspective; going from 1 point to 3000 would take 20 hours if gains are equal to the ones in evade. Compare that with one of our common friends efforts, who recently hit the 3,000 mark.

spacecraft pilot

only spacecrafts (vehicles that go in space) will get you that skill, and only by being pilot.
kinda makes sense i think,

Back