Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Whining Skeptic Aboard
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images

Bug report: 100% free space skills

Hey,

As some of you might have noticed, there is some heavy skilling going on at the hogglo spawns. Unfortunately, there also is a bug associated with it;

If you fly on the borders of the area where you get hit, your ship will get damaged but it will not decay a single pec. If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

I have only heard of it being tested at max altitude (around 280m) and in a quad.

Now, this is information for mindark. Please respect that this is a bug report and not "exploiting 101". If anyone else heard about or tried this, please confirm.
    22 days left

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tara Tryx Qurzi
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

If someone else pay my ammo and pay my decay im using a "hunt for free bug" ?
    -Nope

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Whining Skeptic Aboard
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

If someone else pay my ammo and pay my decay im using a "hunt for free bug" ?
    Yea, if you also use the shrapnel conversion bug that gives free ammo. Not sure if it still is in game though.
    22 days left

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tara Tryx Qurzi
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiningSkeptic View Post
    Yea, if you also use the shrapnel conversion bug that gives free ammo. Not sure if it still is in game though.
    Maaaan... Bugs everywhere
    -Nope

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    This is not just a free space skills bug, it is a major screwup in how entropia is designed to be played.

Every profession, every skill requires effort and it designed to take a long time to skill up but right now there is people gaining dozends of levels in the captain profession planetside what others couldnt aquire with spending 1000+ hours in space working as a spacecraft pilot.
    The accomplishments of dozends of players who worked at them for years have been diminished/destroyed in one weekend and most of them dont even know yet.
    The warp drive concept which is based on the captain profession and was designed with a limited amount of skilling possibilties in mind got unbalanced due to the fact that now everyone who bothered to take part in this hogglo diablo event has made it to a mid20tish captain level therefor reaching a higher safety level on warps and making one warp drive upgrade level obsolete.

At no point it should be possible to gain more skills from a 1dmg hit regardless of the mob maturity then from hundreds of 80-120dmg hits and yet everyone reaps in vast amounts of skills due to this aoe dmg of an L354 mob.

The slow skill progression system of mindark got compeltely thrown out of the window by running this event and not having one single person online to monitor if everything runs to plan or if there need to be adjustments.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Whining Skeptic Aboard
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryx View Post
    Maaaan... Bugs everywhere
    Read op again.

The bug is to fly in a certain way to avoid decay when getting hit.
    22 days left

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Andrey Andy Russian
    Society
    Deep Core Mining
    Images
    Hey,

As some of you might have noticed, there is some heavy skilling going on at the hogglo spawns. Unfortunately, there also is a bug associated with it;

If you fly on the borders of the area where you get hit, your ship will get damaged but it will not decay a single pec. If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

I have only heard of it being tested at max altitude (around 280m) and in a quad.

Now, this is information for mindark. Please respect that this is a bug report and not "exploiting 101". If anyone else heard about or tried this, please confirm.
    Yes, it's true. I found this bug in the experiments yesterday (search of this bug cost me a considerable amount of PED in decay!), and I transmit this information publicized in Fort Pandora to significant number of people today, but only after it has sold all my crafted vehicles, because the MU on them certainly would have fallen after publicizing this info .
    First arrival to PE 10 Jun 2004. Strong addict of this game since 07 Jan 2007 (as Andy)

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tara Tryx Qurzi
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    Read op again.

The bug is to fly in a certain way to avoid decay when getting hit.
    I did and got clickbaited by the title. Shit aint free, flying at certain alltitude? Nobody ain't got time for that.
    -Nope

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Whining Skeptic Aboard
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter View Post
    Yes, it's true. I found this bug in the experiments yesterday (search of this bug cost me a considerable amount of PED in decay!), and I transmit this information publicized in Fort Pandora to significant number of people today, but only after it has sold all my crafted vehicles, because the MU on them certainly would have fallen after publicizing this info .
    It is great though!

Now it is easy for MA to filter out cheaters and bring the big ban hammer l!

Shame to see that people do it; the skills are cheap as is. No need to use further exploits.

Expected more reactions; guess everyone are out "testing".
    Last edited by WhiningSkeptic; 02-08-2015 at 18:04.
    22 days left

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Age of Enlightenment
    Images
    Definately a bug but to be honest the setup of this whole thing has a real cheap and nasty feel to it .

I have skilled for months and months in space only to have that effort blown away by an ill conceived event .

DO the Hogglo HAVE to have aoe ?
    Why couldnt this be held in a no vehicle zone?

The mind boggles about this.

I would have no objection to skills being rolled back to pre this weekend. Hopefully this event will either be fixed or ended at 12 AM tonight.

SoReal's Quad-Wing Equus Warp Services.
    Arkadia Shop : Celeste Island 2

TOS Normandie Pilot: PM me in game or in forum for flight/skilling details.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast