Bug report: 100% free space skills

I agree with John and Granny. This event is a disgrace.

Taco you seem so emotional and saying that you had major loses. Did they come in the first half of your 30 hour shooting or second half?

It was all in the second half, and it got worse and worse...the last 15-20 hours or so.

I apologize for being so emotional, but it WASN'T the loss that that I care about. I can get more peds :) Its the cheating that breaks my heart, and its the cheating that angers me beyond belief in RL OR in virtual. And it has always done that, and it always will.

As i login today , first thing i get to hear is the new way of skilling without decay... However when i hear the names of people doing it, I am pretty confident that tomorrow they will just pass it under the rug and close the bug without any harm being done to anyone. Sucks that i decayed half a dozen sleipnirs and am continuing to decay them , but oh well..

Some things never change in EU..

I am going to skill there with my Equus but I have to admit I was ready to pay for high priced pilot skills end ti this weekend... now going to skill Hours and hours afk just to have am average pilot rank is sad, hope MA will be happy to have sold 2 more Equus thanks to this, veeeeery crap bug, shame to Ma to haven't stopped this in time.

Wow, can't log in to shoot hogglos, because there is too many exploiters in the area. Guess I'll go stuff myself with various household items instead. See you in a while.

So that money I paid out upgrading my captain skills and all the time I've spent in the pilot seat has been for nothing.

Yet MindArk have then nerve to tell us they have a balancing manager.

If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

If someone else pay my ammo and pay my decay im using a "hunt for free bug" ?

If your L gun isn't taking decay, then what would you call it?

THAT is what the issue is here.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
If your L gun isn't taking decay, then what would you call it?

THAT is what the issue is here.

<removed>

No I was asking why the title was misleading, its not 100 procent free but sure less decay.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Exploiters were taking skills and not paying for it!!! Their ships were NOT losing TT!!! They were, in effect, STEALING from the hunters, and that is a factor as to why I lost so much ped there compared to the other sites.

OMG you really are trying to troll me huh? GREAT! loot was awesome for your 30 minutes of shooting.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK THAT HAS ANY BEARING ON WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT?

You have got to be the dumbest person I have ever seen. Seriously...how is your little sample size even relevant?

You have shown that you zero grasp of reality, or hunting, and just want to see yourself talk about how awesome you are in print due to some disgusting weakness to look like a winner, and to belittle someone else because they didn't have the LUCK you did for 20 minutes.

Shot a few mobs....lol stfu troll.

Figure out the stolen skill value over the 30 hours I shot, over all that time that others shot too...you really want to tell me its meaningless because you "HOPPED OUT" AND SHOT A FEW MOBS??????

Seriously, your comments have to be the dumbest comments to ANY thread ever...I have said this before to other people, but YOURS beats ALL of them! Not by a little, either. You win, hands down, for the making literally the WORST comment I have ever seen. I can't even fathom how you thought this relevant.

who is the stupid idiot, the one who jumped out of ship few times and profit or the one shooting non stop and got huge loss eh?

i am sure you know alot about the game when you hunt whole time at shitty spawn while there are 10-20kers and ATH on other spawn yea right...
i made 500 ped profit shooting 1.5 hr, unlocked avoidance and got 500 points in it..buhuuu you made loss? buhuuu
but yeah, i have not that much experience then you...
perhaps i should also put several same of a kind bps at toulan auction with 1 ped sb no bo and let the bidwar begin ? heh?

you are the best, you know everything, thats also why you CAPS RAGE AT EVERYONE NOT YOUR OPPINION...

if you say skills have a value which MA deducts from loot you are a fucking idiot...
the only thing which affected you perhaps was that you don't need to fap and less armor decay...

plz do as you wrote severeal times AND FUCKING QUIT...

who is the stupid idiot, the one who jumped out of ship few times and profit or the one shooting non stop and got huge loss eh?

i am sure you know alot about the game when you hunt whole time at shitty spawn while there are 10-20kers and ATH on other spawn yea right...
i made 500 ped profit shooting 1.5 hr, unlocked avoidance and got 500 points in it..buhuuu you made loss? buhuuu
but yeah, i have not that much experience then you...
perhaps i should also put several same of a kind bps at toulan auction with 1 ped sb no bo and let the bidwar begin ? heh?

you are the best, you know everything, thats also why you CAPS RAGE AT EVERYONE NOT YOUR OPPINION...

if you say skills have a value which MA deducts from loot you are a fucking idiot...
the only thing which affected you perhaps was that you don't need to fap and less armor decay...

plz do as you wrote severeal times AND FUCKING QUIT...

Awww is a cheater mad?

Also, btw, I killed the price of those bp's of yours because you were gouging, and I wanted my toulan friends to have them cheap since I had to leave planet and they weren't online...and now you attack me all the time because I hurt your little over-priced BP empire. Trust me, I will be doing it even more now, in fact I will be trying very very hard to do it every chance I get. Good luck. I have like 3k L bps, I will have tremendous fun going through them to undercut your bp's from now on whenever I see them on auction :)

Last edited:
just tried it, but quad still lost tt (at 400m), can anyone confirm that it actually works? Or is everybody going crazy over rumours?

Awww is a cheater mad?

Also, btw, I killed the price of those bp's of yours because you were gouging, and I wanted my toulan friends to have them cheap...and now you attack me all the time because I hurt your little over-priced BP empire. Trust me, I will be doing it even more now, in fact I will be trying very very hard to do it every chance I get Good luck. I have like 3k L bps, I will have tremendous fun going through them to undercut your bp's from now on whenever I see them on auction :)

yea, you really made good job to let me stop make clicks there...i bet toulan staff will be happy...and all the others which got doubles and wanted to sell too..

you really are a good man letting other ppl suffer and still think you are the good guy...and raging all around like a little baby notr getting the milk..

seems you have everything in you i generally hate about ppl..

do what you want i don't care..

PS:
They aren't deducted from loot, whatever, they are, they arent...doesn't matter. If the DECAY doesn't match the amount that THAT AMOUNT OF SKILLGAIN requires or expects, that offset HAS to come from somewhere...
yea right? eh what? offset yea, you are right the decay that expects skillgain...ehm..yea offset..
i am glad you payed the offset so i could get 500 ped tt profit

i'm outta here:D

PPS: and i decayed ships so no "cheating" here...

Last edited:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Seems appropriate in this thread.

Holy shit this thread is spastic. This almost makes me wish I cared about getting pilot skills.

I dont.

Carry on.

:cheer:

Was going to post something on here, but never mind. Planning on going to another planet very soon; enough said.

Vi

It's about more than pilot skills, it's the big picture, where MA appears to show little to no regard for players, our opinions, and mostly in this case our efforts, by allowing a skill's value to be decimated while they do nothing because it's not a business day.. Of course all in the name of boosting turnover and decay to acquire profitz

it's affecting more than in-game situations, some of us got close to the shared loot, got booted and CANNOT GET BACK ONLINE, CANNOT enter another server, stuck. Shouldn't that be enough to get support on this crap!?!

Not with 300 vtols/quads in a massive black cloud of MA/Calypso fuck up.

You'll be better off waiting until tomorrow to log-in or try hard to get in and then go to a planet that doesn't fuck its players.

.......and then go to a planet that doesn't fuck its players.

If we could we would. seriously MA this fucking sucks. only full day off, can't even get back on to get away from the situation.

It's about more than pilot skills, it's the big picture, where MA appears to show little to no regard for players, our opinions, and mostly in this case our efforts, by allowing a skill's value to be decimated while they do nothing because it's not a business day.. Of course all in the name of boosting turnover and decay to acquire profitz

i am pretty sure they didn't think about ppl using the ships for skills...
but sure it is not that cool to devalue stuff, be it on purpose or not...

the problem is ppl expect their investments always hold value..

we seen so many times it just won't...for example lots of items..they can't hold value, because MA needs to release better stuff, because why else play if you can't loot better or eqal stuff than exists?

all the old caly weapon prints?
all the ark weapon prints?
the old lvl I component prints?
the old axe?

but you know what i did when i found out the hours and peds i invested into unlocking bpc and skill crafting got devalued with rk-5 and 0.000 clicking?

i bought 10 rk-5 and the wires and went on a mothership...

the pilots had advantage for some years now...it is gone now..

Last edited:
Not with 300 vtols/quads in a massive black cloud of MA/Calypso fuck up.

You'll be better off waiting until tomorrow to log-in or try hard to get in and then go to a planet that doesn't fuck its players.

Arkadia looks better every day at this rate.

i am pretty sure they didn't think about ppl using the ships for skills...
but sure it is not that cool to devalue stuff, be it on purpose or not...

Haha right...yes they knew of it...they made massive changes to Ark events BECAUSE of free-skillers in the past...so this shit is definitely on their radar. They KNOW it will happen. They knew vehicles would be there, why the heck do you think they also made a pvp spawn?

Last edited:
Arkadia looks better every day at this rate.

Ark is no better...they are the only planet that doesn't give the key cost back to players who run instances, and lied about it to the players. They gave away their two greatest items ever in a poorly thought out event that will be won by avatars that are shared by many people because the never cared enough about their players to make a time limit (they are lucky no one died)...they devalued evade for almost 6 months before MA stopped them...all planets fuck us. One is no better than the other as far as making mistakes or fucking its players sometimes...it happens everywhere :)

Last edited:
Haha right...yes they knew of it...they made massive changes to Ark events BECAUSE of free-skillers in the past...so this shit is definitely on their radar. They KNOW it will happen. They knew vehicles would be there, why the heck do you think they also made a pvp spawn.

hmm, the ark shared events i was there never were vehicles..so don't know if it is true...what did they change?
i just saw less healing so no afk evade skillers..perhaps this changed and you are right..

hmm, the ark shared events i was there never were vehicles..so don't know if it is true...what did they change?
i just saw less healing so no afk evade skillers..perhaps this changed and you are right..

They were ordered to stop 90% the healing and the number of big mobs that they can spawn was drastically limited, because of the evade farming.

People tried to skill spaceships there, so Ark was given the ability to instantly move them if they used ships, and likely were ordered to do it even, making ship usage never become much of an issue there.

There are several problems here. I have seen odd things and ways to "exploit" vehicles ever since their introduction. It is a difficulty of the vehicle system, and I think over all they have done a fair job maintaining it. (in the grand picture a few incidents isn't too bad)
When you see these pictures of 100s of vehicles hovering - it's obvious it's a problem. The addition of people exploiting a bug makes it 1000x worse. It not only ruins the area/server for people with the lag spam, but obviously how it effects the skill market, etc.

Next is MA being an idiot and making this in an area that allows vehicles. Like... duh! They had areas for LT that didn't allow vehicles... why would you not just follow this logic and precedent.

Then is "no one" around over the weekend to monitor an event. Look at Ark staff. They have someone there pretty much 24/7 so obviously it isn't that hard.

MA seems to have a history of implementing things that have unintended side effects and things players do that we could have told them right off the start. I remember when they started The Core event. Right away we tried spawning vehicles inside and .. bam ... you could do it. An official said something like "oh.. you weren't supposed to be able to spawn vehicles in there." Like oh wow - I never would have thought of that type of thing. They don't seem to think of things that we would in a second.

My advice is have more community involvement. I thought we had a community manager. Kim, as much as I "like" you.... either you do your job in a terrible manner - or MA doesn't give you the capacity to actually do a job. You almost do nothing IMO. I could have more community relations in the 10 mins I read the forum a day then I hear from you all month or more.

I was playing in the PVP zone on Hogs. First off loot was total shit hole - and I know that's not what Taco is mad about. It does show me however that in his experience something was wrong this event.
More importantly the lag was terrible. Everyone complaining about it - re-logging every 5 minutes etc. My comment was - If this was the first time playing this game I would walk away and say F-That-Shit
I stay because I know the game is more than this and that is really it at it's worst. But it does beg the question, why do I if it was my first impression I'd dump it.

This event was total ass IMO... made little to no sense..... exploits galore, hof list is a sick joke, no one around to monitor, and wtf about the server tests? guess what THEY STILL SUCK

wow I didn't realize I was that upset - I guess I just felt Taco's anguish.

From skill window:
Skill name "Spacecraft Pilot" , Description "Spacecraft pilot is the ability to manouver a spacecraft in SPACE in a secure way"

(Colour and Caps mine)

It couldn't be plainer, if the skills were not earned in space they should be rolled back

From skill window:
Skill name "Spacecraft Pilot" , Description "Spacecraft pilot is the ability to manouver a spacecraft in SPACE in a secure way"

(Colour and Caps mine)

It couldn't be plainer, if the skills were not earned in space they should be rolled back

Technically, we are in space right now, both you and I. We are inside something that is in space maybe, but we are still in space. :) The skill affects space, but that doesn't mean space is the only place you can get it.

The skill involves maneuvering in space, I can get first aid by doing an iron with it as a reward even if I never healed once. If I am not healing to get get first aid, is that wrong?

I DO agree it is BS how fast they sprang this on you pilots, and how much skill it actually was, in fact, it maybe should have been about 10% as strong as it was, but there is no reason MA can't do it. As much as I hated the vtolsduring my first 15 hours hunting, I eventually had to try it for a bit too, and I understand why they did it with the upcomming missions....they just did way too much of it imo.

Well if spacecraft skilling can happen on Calypso, because a planet is in space, can we please get mining skills when in proximity to asteroids and other space rocks, and evade when near mobs... in stupidly large amounts ofc ? Then we will be on an even footing with others for planetside events such as MM, Goldrush etc.

Raising pilot skills artificially just before introducing Space missions, is a total insult to the pilots and crews who have done this through normal gameplay, not to mention unfair. You wouldn't like it if your skills were devalued..nor do we !!

Back