Bug report: 100% free space skills

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hey,

As some of you might have noticed, there is some heavy skilling going on at the hogglo spawns. Unfortunately, there also is a bug associated with it;

If you fly on the borders of the area where you get hit, your ship will get damaged but it will not decay a single pec. If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

I have only heard of it being tested at max altitude (around 280m) and in a quad.

Now, this is information for mindark. Please respect that this is a bug report and not "exploiting 101". If anyone else heard about or tried this, please confirm.

If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

If someone else pay my ammo and pay my decay im using a "hunt for free bug" ?

If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

If someone else pay my ammo and pay my decay im using a "hunt for free bug" ?

Yea, if you also use the shrapnel conversion bug that gives free ammo. Not sure if it still is in game though.

This is not just a free space skills bug, it is a major screwup in how entropia is designed to be played.

Every profession, every skill requires effort and it designed to take a long time to skill up but right now there is people gaining dozends of levels in the captain profession planetside what others couldnt aquire with spending 1000+ hours in space working as a spacecraft pilot.
The accomplishments of dozends of players who worked at them for years have been diminished/destroyed in one weekend and most of them dont even know yet.
The warp drive concept which is based on the captain profession and was designed with a limited amount of skilling possibilties in mind got unbalanced due to the fact that now everyone who bothered to take part in this hogglo diablo event has made it to a mid20tish captain level therefor reaching a higher safety level on warps and making one warp drive upgrade level obsolete.

At no point it should be possible to gain more skills from a 1dmg hit regardless of the mob maturity then from hundreds of 80-120dmg hits and yet everyone reaps in vast amounts of skills due to this aoe dmg of an L354 mob.

The slow skill progression system of mindark got compeltely thrown out of the window by running this event and not having one single person online to monitor if everything runs to plan or if there need to be adjustments.

Hey,

As some of you might have noticed, there is some heavy skilling going on at the hogglo spawns. Unfortunately, there also is a bug associated with it;

If you fly on the borders of the area where you get hit, your ship will get damaged but it will not decay a single pec. If you find someone on the ground to repair, this is free skills.

I have only heard of it being tested at max altitude (around 280m) and in a quad.

Now, this is information for mindark. Please respect that this is a bug report and not "exploiting 101". If anyone else heard about or tried this, please confirm.

Yes, it's true. I found this bug in the experiments yesterday (search of this bug cost me a considerable amount of PED in decay!), and I transmit this information publicized in Fort Pandora to significant number of people today, but only after it has sold all my crafted vehicles, because the MU on them certainly would have fallen after publicizing this info :laugh:.

Read op again.

The bug is to fly in a certain way to avoid decay when getting hit.

I did and got clickbaited by the title. Shit aint free, flying at certain alltitude? Nobody ain't got time for that.

Yes, it's true. I found this bug in the experiments yesterday (search of this bug cost me a considerable amount of PED in decay!), and I transmit this information publicized in Fort Pandora to significant number of people today, but only after it has sold all my crafted vehicles, because the MU on them certainly would have fallen after publicizing this info :laugh:.

It is great though!

Now it is easy for MA to filter out cheaters and bring the big ban hammer l!

Shame to see that people do it; the skills are cheap as is. No need to use further exploits.

Expected more reactions; guess everyone are out "testing".

Last edited:
Definately a bug but to be honest the setup of this whole thing has a real cheap and nasty feel to it .

I have skilled for months and months in space only to have that effort blown away by an ill conceived event .

DO the Hogglo HAVE to have aoe ?
Why couldnt this be held in a no vehicle zone?

The mind boggles about this.

I would have no objection to skills being rolled back to pre this weekend. Hopefully this event will either be fixed or ended at 12 AM tonight.

Now I am really pissed. Let me be clear, i have no problem with the pilots that took decay and stayed out of our way...this has nothing to do with you :)

First, I shot hogglo for over 30 hours. But I did take a few hour break to see what this skilling was about. When I was up there, I had to repair every 20 minutes or so...I wondered why others were not having to go CHANGE SHIPS EVER..at first I thought this was just because they must not have been getting hit, even though it seem to me like they were close enough to get hit.

So AFAIC, during my 30+ hours shooting there and the massive losses that came with it in the end, I now realize what happened. And this explains the disparity of why ALL the good loot was elsewhere, like in PvP, where there were no vehicles:

Exploiters were taking skills and not paying for it!!! Their ships were NOT losing TT!!! They were, in effect, STEALING from the hunters, and that is a factor as to why I lost so much ped there compared to the other sites.

The skillgain was not offset by decay as it was with me and the others who took decay the whole time they were skilling. They STOLE value from MY FUCKING MOBS.

I lost my ass, over 30 hours....that NEVER happened before when I grind that long with the same dps over time. NEVER. But it happened this time, and all my losses occurred on Saturday and even more on Sunday (coincides with word spreading about the FREE skills).

So NOW I know what happened. Other players stole from me, and MA allowed it. After I sell a few things, I am deleting my entire friends list, leaving this forum, and leaving the chat channels in game, I will finish selling what I can (maybe not skills) and stepping away for a very long time.

All you fucking whores that I used to call my friends that sat there stealing from us as we killed mobs that gave you skills, YOU FUCKING RUINED IT FOR ME. (The ones who DIDNT take decay, I mean) I now know what you all were doing, and though I wish I wrote down names of those that made me wonder why they never had to repair, at least MA can find you easy enough.

This game has NO fucking sense of community, it makes me sick to my stomach, I am embarrassed to have played it and been associated with some of you.

MA MUST find those that DID NOT take normal amounts of TT decay on their ships and there HAS to be punishment. They must start taking a stronger stance. I will send this to support, and ALL of you that fought beside me there need to send it too.

If they can't do that, then I expect ALL the Spacecraft skillgains to be removed from players that didn't get over a certain threshold of decay on their ships. And let all that skill value go back into the loot pool for hunters everywhere to benefit from. ANd let the ones who didn't take enough decay eat all the tt loss from their ships and the oil they used to STEAL FROM US WITH.

Edit: And BEFORE YOU SAY this skill gain value is so little it wont affect loot....DO THE FUCKING MATH. THis skill was like gold....MA has a value for it, and every hour, 1000's of ped of that skill are STOLEN from loot if only 5-10% of the people there were exploiting this no decay bug.

Last edited:
Now I am really pissed. Let me be clear, i have no problem with the pilots that took decay and stayed out of our way...this has nothing to do with you :)

First, I shot hogglo for over 30 hours. But I did take a few hour break to see what this skilling was about. When I was up there, I had to repair every 20 minutes or so...I wondered why others were not having to go repair...at first I thought this was just because they must not have been getting hit, even though it seem to me like they were close enough to get hit.

So AFAIC, during my 30+ hours shooting there and the massive losses that came with it in the end, I now realize what happened. And this explains the disparity of why ALL the good loot was elsewhere, like in PvP, where there were no vehicles:

Exploiters were taking skills and not paying for it!!! They were, in effect, STEALING from the hunters, and that is why I lost so much ped there compared to the other sites.

The skillgain was not offset by decay as it was with me and the others who took decay the whole time they were skilling.

I lost my ass, over 30 hours....that NEVER happened before when I grind that long with the same dps over time. NEVER. But it happened this time, and all my losses occurred on Saturday and even more on Sunday (coincides with word spreading about the FREE skills).

So NOW I know what happened. Other players stole from me, and MA allowed it. After I sell a few things, I am deleting my entire friends list, leaving this forum, and leaving the chat channels in game, I will finish selling what I can (maybe not skills) and stepping away for a very long time.

All you fucking whores that I used to call my friends that sat there stealing from us as we killed mobs that gave you skills, YOU FUCKING RUINED IT FOR ME.

This game has NO fucking sense of community, it makes me sick to my stomach, I am embarrased to have played it and been associated with some of you.

MA MUST find those that DID NOT take normal amounts of decay and there HAS to be punishment. They must start taking a stronger stance. I will send this to support, and ALL of you that fought beside me there need to send it too.

Why didnt you shoot the 105k, 23k, 20k, 16k, 11k, 11k, 11k, 10k etc no buenos, no buenos

Why didnt you shoot the 105k, 23k, 20k, 16k, 11k, 11k, 11k, 10k etc no buenos, no buenos

They were at the other sites....I couldn't be at all the sites at one time, so I stuck to one...unfortunately it was the one with ALL the vehicles and the people stealing skill.

Edit: You know, at first I answered your comment honestly...but then I thought you were probably fucking trying to troll me, because only a moron would ask that question and say it the way you did.

But now I know why! You want to try and turn this around on me by saying it was my fault I didn't shoot from 3 different locations at the same time in order to protect the cheaters that didn't take decay! MA look at this guys logs too.

Listen, I know how shared loot works, I know exactly how long I need to be there to have acceptable losses and having loot even out. IT NEVER DID at the Pandora site. Don't try to steer this away with your stupid comment.

Last edited:
They were at the other sites....I couldn't be at all the sites at one time, so I stuck to one...unfortunately it was the one with ALL the vehicles and the people stealing skill.

But you know. Benefits the economy was it? Friday wasn't shit like Saturday. I'm going to argus tonight.

I been at the one with the vehicles too, havent experience any theft of skills tho, loot was awesome, didnt have to shoot the whole time just went down and shoot a few and they paid of in big ubers most the times.

I been at the one with the vehicles too, havent experience any theft of skills tho, loot was awesome, didnt have to shoot the whole time just went down and shoot a few and they paid of in big ubers most the times.

OMG you really are trying to troll me huh? GREAT! loot was awesome for your 30 minutes of shooting.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK THAT HAS ANY BEARING ON WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT?

You have got to be the dumbest person I have ever seen. Seriously...how is your little sample size even relevant?

You have shown that you zero grasp of reality, or hunting, and just want to see yourself talk about how awesome you are in print due to some disgusting weakness to look like a winner, and to belittle someone else because they didn't have the LUCK you did for 20 minutes.

Shot a few mobs....lol stfu troll.

Figure out the stolen skill value over the 30 hours I shot, over all that time that others shot too...you really want to tell me its meaningless because you "HOPPED OUT" AND SHOT A FEW MOBS??????

Seriously, your comments have to be the dumbest comments to ANY thread ever...I have said this before to other people, but YOURS beats ALL of them! Not by a little, either. You win, hands down, for the making literally the WORST comment I have ever seen. I can't even fathom how you thought this relevant.

Last edited:
Now I am really pissed.

First, I shot hogglo for over 30 hours. But I did take a few hour break to see what this skilling was about. When I was up there, I had to repair every 20 minutes or so...I wondered why others were not having to go repair...at first I thought this was just because they must not have been getting hit, even though it seem to me like they were close enough to get hit.

*sigh*

Why always with the emotional responses?
The OP clearly said that the quads still get damaged, and they need repairs. So that part of your story is already off.

Definately a bug but to be honest the setup of this whole thing has a real cheap and nasty feel to it .

I have skilled for months and months in space only to have that effort blown away by an ill conceived event .

DO the Hogglo HAVE to have aoe ?
Why couldnt this be held in a no vehicle zone?

The mind boggles about this.

I would have no objection to skills being rolled back to pre this weekend. Hopefully this event will either be fixed or ended at 12 AM tonight.

Rollback? oh id like my peds back then. From lets say the last 5 years of hunting?

This is not just a free space skills bug, it is a major screwup in how entropia is designed to be played.

Every profession, every skill requires effort and it designed to take a long time to skill up but right now there is people gaining dozends of levels in the captain profession planetside what others couldnt aquire with spending 1000+ hours in space working as a spacecraft pilot.
The accomplishments of dozends of players who worked at them for years have been diminished/destroyed in one weekend and most of them dont even know yet.
The warp drive concept which is based on the captain profession and was designed with a limited amount of skilling possibilties in mind got unbalanced due to the fact that now everyone who bothered to take part in this hogglo diablo event has made it to a mid20tish captain level therefor reaching a higher safety level on warps and making one warp drive upgrade level obsolete.

At no point it should be possible to gain more skills from a 1dmg hit regardless of the mob maturity then from hundreds of 80-120dmg hits and yet everyone reaps in vast amounts of skills due to this aoe dmg of an L354 mob.

The slow skill progression system of mindark got compeltely thrown out of the window by running this event and not having one single person online to monitor if everything runs to plan or if there need to be adjustments.

maybe MA thinks the value of space related skills was much too high and felt that players were getting too much MU from selling these skills. this event will have put an end to that.

but there is a silver lining in my eyes, it removes a lot of vehicles that i believe were over crafted when they came out. this also gives a little MU back to mining after the introducing of explosive bps.

*sigh*

The OP clearly said that the quads still get damaged, and they need repairs. So that part of your story is already off.

From my understanding yes, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility for other exploits in this mess based on my op.

OMG you really are trying to troll me huh? GREAT! loot was awesome for your 30 minutes of shooting.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK THAT HAS ANY BEARING ON WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT?

You have got to be the dumbest person I have ever seen. Seriously...how is your little sample size even relevant?

You seriously have shown that you zero grasp of reality, or hunting, and just want to see yourself talk about how awesome you are in print due to some disgusting weakness to look like a winner, and to belittle someone else because they didn't have the LUCK you did for 20 minutes.

SHot a few mobs....lol stfu troll.

Figure out the stolen skill value over the 30 hours I shot, over all that time that others shot too...you really want to tell me its meaningless because you "HOPPED OUT" AND SHOT A FEW MOBS??????

Yeah forgot how experienced you are, I apologize sir. 30 hours is alot of killing, ain't nobody got time for that.

*sigh*

harmony, I am talking about the decay! they did not take decay on the tt value of their ship (and the mu)

The repair is peanuts,...it is NOTHING compared to the decay that should have been happening to their ships tt!

maybe MA thinks the value of space related skills was much too high and felt that players were getting too much MU from selling these skills. this event will have put an end to that.

but there is a silver lining in my eyes, it removes a lot of vehicles that i believe were over crafted when they came out. this also gives a little MU back to mining after the introducing of explosive bps.

Since this is supposed to be a free market economy, it should be left to the players not MA to determine if any skill or item is appropriately priced.
Q. If Spacecraft skills are so overpriced why are people buying them ?
A. Because it takes a shed load of hours in a pilot seat to get a sellable amount of skills, and while this may be free on some ships, others charge for the time spent pilot skilling.

However reducing the value of any skill is ridiculous. It may annoy those selling skills, but hey market forces may have reduced price at some point anyway. This is not about money it is about devaluing the efforts people have put into their chosen profession. Pilot skilling is probably one of the slowest skills to grind in EU,
I have worked damn hard to get my skills in the past 2 years, and now folk have gained levels that took me months, in just hours.
I felt used when I heard, MA has in effect stolen hundreds of hours of my game-time. Now I am damned angry, why should the very people (warp pilots) who provide safer transport options to get across the universe, have their skills in effect nerfed.

With the forthcoming changes to space (missions and removal of log-off) high captaincy levels are likely to be more important than ever. Yet here we have MA doling it out like candy to folk who will either sell, or try to compete against people who have worked for years to prepare for this.
This is BS ..

I admit I was at first tempted to fly to Caly and join in.. but tbh this stinks of exploit and even if intended, would have made me feel a cheat.

How about MA keeps space skills in space. After all we don't get land based skills such as evade while piloting or doing spaceship gunnery. The clue is in the word 'space'

Last edited:
to keep it short and simple: it sucks

Since this is supposed to be a free market economy, it should be left to the players not MA to determine if any skill or item is appropriately priced.
Q. If Spacecraft skills are so overpriced why are people buying them ?
A. Because it takes a shed load of hours in a pilot seat to get a sellable amount of skills, and while this may be free on some ships, others charge for the time spent pilot skilling.

However reducing the value of any skill is ridiculous. It may annoy those selling skills, but hey market forces may have reduced price at some point anyway. This is not about money it is about devaluing the efforts people have put into their chosen profession. Pilot skilling is probably one of the slowest skills to grind in EU,
I have worked damn hard to get my skills in the past 2 years, and now folk have gained levels that took me months, in just hours.
I felt used when I heard, MA has in effect stolen hundreds of hours of my game-time. Now I am damned angry, why should the very people (warp pilots) who provide safer transport options to get across the universe, have their skills in effect nerfed.

With the forthcoming changes to space (missions and removal of log-off) high captaincy levels are likely to be more important than ever. Yet here we have MA doling it out like candy to folk who will either sell, or try to compete against people who have worked for years to prepare for this.
This is BS ..

I admit I was at first tempted to fly to Caly and join in.. but tbh this stinks of exploit and even if intended, would have made me feel a cheat.

How about MA keeps space skills in space. After all we don't get land based skills such as evade while piloting or doing spaceship gunnery. The clue is in the word 'space'

I am 100% with granny on this, it is a slap in the face to everyone who spent their gametime piloting spacecrafts in space for years and now being surpassed by some afk sleipnirs pilots over a weekends time - so short before transport missions are going to be released.
I really hope all these skillgains will be rolled back.

However knowing how mindark has handled such cases in the past i have to admit that i take part in the skilling and have recommended to others to do so as well just in case there is no rollback to atleast hold a part of the headstart we used to have in space related skills before this weekend event happened.

However knowing how mindark has handled such cases in the past i have to admit that i take part in the skilling and have recommended to others to do so as well just in case there is no rollback to atleast hold a part of the headstart we used to have in space related skills before this weekend event happened.

I might aswell join the leech fest later today, seeing as MA doesnt give a flying fuck. There's a difference between knowing good from bad, and being the only moron left ingame not abusing it.

Sucks for you space guys, sorry.

Taco you seem so emotional and saying that you had major loses. Did they come in the first half of your 30 hour shooting or second half?

Heard about this today, was told +290m ish gave skills and no tt decay. Sad really the pilot skills were cheap as it is without this, so cheap i left for ark after going through 1 sleipnir and tbh feeling kinda deflated about the whole thing. I didn't skill to sell just for health, but man pilot skill is going to tank and stay that way for long time.
Odd bug for sure.

I might aswell join the leech fest later today, seeing as MA doesnt give a flying fuck. There's a difference between knowing good from bad, and being the only moron left ingame not abusing it.

Sucks for you space guys, sorry.

Certainly sucks to be us right now :(

What we've been skilling since 2011, gone in a puff of smoke.

Unfortunately the worst part is you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

If you don't go, you can be sure that all your hard work will be over taken by some guys who have barely looked towards the stars. You will be nothing more than average Joe in terms of the work you put in in space so far.

And if you do go? Sure you may keep your minuscule advantage that you so very hope will be of use in the up coming mission, but its leaves a fcuking nasty taste in your mouth.

A sad time indeed.

Back