Bug report: 100% free space skills

A complete roll back is the only thing they can do to resolve the skill gain abuse, but then we know there were hundreds of players gathering skills rapidly who will be very upset for purchasing hundreds of gold packs over the weekend for 'skillpills' to enhance their progress even further.
I just cant see mindark doing that while having in mind that this 1dmg aoe in a zone were vehicle are permitted was allowed - this just smells to much 'intentional' then to be an oversight after all they did to avoid these issues on arkadia.
However we all know for things happening in mindark development were one guy doesnt know what the other is on about or how both their works/plans affect each other - maybe just maybe it really was an oversight and they are going to try to resolve the situation.
In such a case mindark i suggest two options either revert the skillgain and payback players for their money and time spent with a appropriate refund or put some L1000 mobs finally in space for true spacecraft pilots to finally gather some skills to set them appart from those who never set a foot into space and just got handed lvl20-30 captain on a silver platter.
I have written support cases, spoke to developers/support for years with the request to add hunting spots in space for the bigger spacecrafts but nothing has happened so far and the space community would be alot less upset if they had been given a way to skill up appropriately themself.

One fundamental change for the gain of defensive skills though has to happen in this game - the amount of skills gained from a hit should always be in relation to the damage taken/avoided and never in relation to the mob lvl.
The hogglo diablo event would never had such an impact if this had been the case because 1dmg hits would have never yieleded such skillgains in the first place.

yea if roll back skills also plz roll back all engineering gained on 0.000 reapairing too which went for not only a weekend but for weeks because this evaluated my crafting skills i collected over years..

ship repairing should not give that much skills..all those exploiters..

We do not have the same idea of fundamental. The initial damage of this hogglo diablo is huge and it was just spread out around between many users. Also what would be the point of using shadow armor and take 1hit from the mob if id hardly get a skill out of it while someone naked using a modfap would skill like crazy because it is not a 1dmg hit.
People tend to limit themself to what they always knew and refuse to see beyond. Like for exemple this game growing to a whole new level of heal point, dps, armor, spacehunting, new species treat for planets and different features of all kinds. In my eyes with the past rebalance we saw this is already ongoing.

offtopic?

I specifically said dmg 'taken/avoided' so if your shadow armor absorbs a part of the damage that is good for you the skillgain should still be for the full amount of damage that you would have taken without armor or other means of protection - just like if you avoid the damage completely and still gain skills from it in your avoidance/evade/dodge skills.
Spreading out the damage over alot of people should also spread out the skillgain -> dmg per person gets smaller so does the skills - easy and fair.

PS: Dont speak against investments of people in space if you expect your shadow armor/mod fap investments to still yield you your 'advantage' - i think everyone deserves the same treatment ;)

yea if roll back skills also plz roll back all engineering gained on 0.000 reapairing too which went for not only a weekend but for weeks because this evaluated my crafting skills i collected over years..

ship repairing should not give that much skills..all those exploiters..

Its a different topic, but i agree with you that all crafting professions should have a stronger skill that effects just that specific profession and the impact of the more general skills should be alot less - this would get rid of alot of issues of people seeking for the 'cheapest' way to skill up and would make sure that those who work in a profession actually are the best in it.

But please back on topic.

I specifically said dmg 'taken/avoided' so if your shadow armor absorbs a part of the damage that is good for you the skillgain should still be for the full amount of damage that you would have taken without armor or other means of protection - just like if you avoid the damage completely and still gain skills from it in your avoidance/evade/dodge skills.
Spreading out the damage over alot of people should also spread out the skillgain -> dmg per person gets smaller so does the skills - easy and fair.

PS: Dont speak against investments of people in space if you expect your shadow armor/mod fap investments to still yield you your 'advantage' - i think everyone deserves the same treatment ;)

Right on the aoe i can agree and looks fundamental. As for value i never expected anything to hold its inflated value forever. Im taking a risk.gamble

I agree with Konvicted, we can not hold on to the past to the end. Everything changes.

In addition, this 'exploit' - nonsense, compared with unwanted summon, which players was used, in particular Windy. Windy was banned? No, as we know.
How many sweat-bots were banned?
As long as it does not affect MA, and affects the few players - MA do not care. Those who have suffered morally or financially, who received 'a slap in the face', can wipe on and to continue playing ... or not to continue.
In general, the fact is that in this case, those who have 'suffered' - less, in difference with those who is happy. This will determine the methods of solution from MA, if any will be accepted. Do you remember how Troy's Properon Area was closed to vehicles - maybe there will be the same.

Its a different topic, but i agree with you that all crafting professions should have a stronger skill that effects just that specific profession and the impact of the more general skills should be alot less - this would get rid of alot of issues of people seeking for the 'cheapest' way to skill up and would make sure that those who work in a profession actually are the best in it.

But please back on topic.

no it is not a different topic...

there is a skill which is hard and slow to earn and over night there is a possibility to get the same skill cheaper and faster..

the thing is you can also take the cheap route now but still have the lead you build up before...

no it is not a different topic...

there is a skill which is hard and slow to earn and over night there is a possibility to get the same skill cheaper and faster..

the thing is you can also take the cheap route now but still have the lead you build up before...

I agree, what attitude to repair has a BC skill? Is unclear for me, so this is also an exploit, simply it is advantageous for John B Knight and others MS owners, and this new 'exploit' - not.

Can't Kim pop in with dev teams standpoint? That would be great and resolve this mess instantly.

I'll try to be quiet until then...

Can't Kim pop in with dev teams standpoint? That would be great and resolve this mess instantly.

They spending the award for the successful campaign for the sale of two reds! :laugh:

i bet we won't hear anything...

Anyone asked support to look into this thread ?

If no then they don't even know we are worried here with something. If anyone wasnt anything commented by Devs 1st thing to do is fill support case about it.

I agree, what attitude to repair has a BC skill? Is unclear for me, so this is also an exploit, simply it is advantageous for John B Knight and others MS owners, and this new 'exploit' - not.

Dont make assumptions because of a personal agenda.
I said above that im all for a change in crafting professions to yield the best gains of profession specific skills - which means all other professions would contribute less to that profession.
Me being the highest skilled in vse would be affected by such a change the worst and still i would be all up for it.

The recent event crashed markup on pilot and spacecraft system skills alot so if at all it just is even more beneficial to my midtermgoal in reaching lvl100 captain as i can get there a little faster.
But it is desastrous to those who spent years to aquire what others got handed on a silver platter over night - many of the space community are very upset about this change.

Crap,.... so I could skill without actually destroying my quad? :(

But it is desastrous to those who spent years to aquire what others got handed on a silver platter over night - many of the space community are very upset about this change.

Introduction of repair and gain of BC skills during repair (on MS this gain may be very quickly) can be considered the same, and your distinct advantage over crafters, who spend years... and so on.
You are wrong.

The recent event crashed markup on pilot and spacecraft system skills alot so if at all it just is even more beneficial to my midtermgoal in reaching lvl100 captain as i can get there a little faster.

what do you think i felt when i realized one could unlock bpc for under 200 ped on MS in few days?

but on second thought i bought 10 rk-5 and got my ass up on MS...

Introduction of repair and gain of BC skills during repair (on MS this gain may be very quickly) can be considered the same, and your distinct advantage over crafters, who spend years... and so on.
You are wrong.

It wouldnt matter much if every crafting profession had one mainskill that can only gained from that profession and if that mainskill would contribute 50% to that profession.
What mindark has done is done, i cant change it but continuously stating that we shall just accept what is thrown at us is not gonna change things for the better.
You try to fingerpoint instead of trying to offer a working solution - please try being productive atleast.

It wouldnt matter much if every crafting profession had one mainskill that can only gained from that profession and if that mainskill would contribute 50% to that profession.
What mindark has done is done, i cant change it but continuously stating that we shall just accept what is thrown at us is not gonna change things for the better.
You try to fingerpoint instead of trying to offer a working solution - please try being productive atleast.

You just cling to the past. I support the idea that everything must remains as it was yesterday, just MA must to remove the area (height) where there is no ships decay. That's all we need. And several spawns of Hogglo forever! You can also come if you wish! ;)

what do you think i felt when i realized one could unlock bpc for under 200 ped on MS in few days?

but on second thought i bought 10 rk-5 and got my ass up on MS...

and because you felt like shit makes you want to wish others the same ?
Back when 0.0 repairs happened i made suggestions to change the involvement in crafting profession, hope you did the same but it hasnt happened.
You still cant compare it to one another because being a skilled spacecraft pilot doesnt earn you loot, it doesnt earn you much skills either and it requires alot of active time - its not something you can do afk at a crafting terminal.
What people lost is not to be expressed in value of money - people who have been playing this game for years have literally been taken away everything they gained (which was just skills) because everyone else who stayed on planet got handed years of space skilling on a weekend.
If you cant see the difference between that and crafting or hunting then you obviously have no clue about space and shouldnt comment in the first place.

When MA abolished the old crafted weapons like LP485 and loot for them, some crafters (possible) give one shoot to himself. All Captains, who object may follow suit. And you have nothing taken away, you promised to give a lot more (Transport missions), so do not even try anything to object.

and because you felt like shit makes you want to wish others the same ?
Back when 0.0 repairs happened i made suggestions to change the involvement in crafting profession, hope you did the same but it hasnt happened.
You still cant compare it to one another because being a skilled spacecraft pilot doesnt earn you loot, it doesnt earn you much skills either and it requires alot of active time - its not something you can do afk at a crafting terminal.
What people lost is not to be expressed in value of money - people who have been playing this game for years have literally been taken away everything they gained (which was just skills) because everyone else who stayed on planet got handed years of space skilling on a weekend.
If you cant see the difference between that and crafting or hunting then you obviously have no clue about space and shouldnt comment in the first place.

yea, you realize how much effort it was to get BPC in the days before rk-5?..
(i spend <1% of my "crafting" time repairing and its still ~ same lvl as all my other high crafting profs)

i hunted more than enough dropships to know a little bit about space believe me..

i am not saying i want others to feel same shit...

all who play EU longer than 2 yrs now they nerf everything if they want to...

i say perhaps you should have taken advantage too? perhaps you should have spawned you sleip too? you would have gained more and still have your long worked for lead?
(i am not talking about the no decay bug, i am talking about the regular decay skilling)

you know what the real advantage of all your sapceships should be? the thousands of ped i payed for warps..

Last edited:
When MA abolished the old crafted weapons like LP485 and loot for them, some crafters (possible) give one shoot to himself. All Captains, who object may follow suit. And you have nothing taken away, you promised to give a lot more (Transport missions), so do not even try anything to object.

How narrow minded can one be thinking that a (part) of one profession that got changed equals what has happened here ?
The only thing compareable to this would have been if there had been an explosive blueprint requireing a 0ped tt nanocube component to craft while giving crafting skills like it had been 200ped clicks - if mindark did something like this and left it ingame for several days then we can start compareing and see how you like it and tell others its ok.

I agree only with the fact that should be decay! But skills can be gained. I see nothing wrong in this

i say perhaps you should have taken advantage too? perhaps you sahoud have spawned you sleip too? you would have gained more and still have your long worked for lead?

i was there i skilled with skillpills nearly the whole time, because i know how mindark works and that a rollback would be unlikely and that not taking part would mean getting left behind - i still am asking for a rollback because of all those who were not there and all the years or work in space my crew and other spacecrews have performed and got slapped in the face for - dont you get that ?

people already knew about this with collision dmg vs mob dmg etc

... because of all those who were not there and all the years or work in space my crew and other spacecrews have performed and got slapped in the face for - dont you get that ?

I'll give you advice. Ask to pay for the МА programmer (400 ped per hour if I remember correct, for several days or weeks of work...) and maybe you will achieve something. :laugh:

I have nothing more to say, because you are very greedy and ready to kill any progress because of this.

but there is a silver lining in my eyes, it removes a lot of vehicles that i believe were over crafted when they came out. this also gives a little MU back to mining after the introducing of explosive bps.

:dunce: ...and after existing Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) will be burned, no more blueprints will drop; instead of them, we'll have Sleipnir Mk666 (C,L) with movement decay. This whole event is a conspiracy to get rid of vehicles w/o movement decay. /:dunce:

On a more serious note, there is always a possibility that MA aims at something that we haven't even thought of.

:dunce: ...and after existing Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) will be burned, no more blueprints will drop; instead of them, we'll have Sleipnir Mk666 (C,L) with movement decay. This whole event is a conspiracy to get rid of vehicles w/o movement decay

Great idea! I like it! :yay:

I should add that none of the devices like Energy Source or Armament on MS and Privateers (except Warp Drives) has no decay, which is also UNFAIR!

For the benefit of those people talking about the 0.00 skilling, it did actually cost ped in the form of repair tool decay and welding wire expiry. It was also an income stream for MA.

This latest episode makes me wonder why people who invest large sums in this game actually bother. Then, I gather the Equus sales didn't go as MA had hoped. Maybe the worm is turning.

John B Knight. Your -rep nothing changes for me, and I'm not a troll.
I'll answer you here. You playing only for money (or you scared of losses), most others for fun. Feel difference.

PS I'm owner of Equus, but I do not care

Back