Bug report: 100% free space skills

i agree with you that all crafting professions should have a stronger skill that effects just that specific profession and the impact of the more general skills should be alot less - this would get rid of alot of issues of people seeking for the 'cheapest' way to skill up and would make sure that those who work in a profession actually are the best in it.

simply it is(Sic vse skilling) advantageous for John B Knight and others MS owners, and this new 'exploit' - not.

Dont make assumptions because of a personal agenda.
I said above that im all for a change in crafting professions to yield the best gains of profession specific skills - which means all other professions would contribute less to that profession.
Me being the highest skilled in vse would be affected by such a change the worst and still i would be all up for it.

The recent event crashed markup on pilot and spacecraft system skills alot so if at all it just is even more beneficial to my midtermgoal in reaching lvl100 captain as i can get there a little faster.
But it is desastrous to those who spent years to aquire what others got handed on a silver platter over night - many of the space community are very upset about this change.

Introduction of repair and gain of BC skills during repair (on MS this gain may be very quickly) can be considered the same, and your distinct advantage over crafters, who spend years... and so on.
You are wrong.
Eh? Did you not even read the post above? You are both arguing about the same thing! :laugh:

That it is not ok to have a cheap n easy way of doing something which others took years to achieve. Im lvl 53 vse, and like JBK, I couldn't care less if all the crafting skills I gained through this were stripped from me, I use VSE for VSE, and can quite well understand the crafters frustration at now so many who just skill VSE in order to craft.

You try to fingerpoint instead of trying to offer a working solution - please try being productive atleast.

yea, you realize how much effort it was to get BPC in the days before rk-5?..
(i spend <1% of my "crafting" time repairing and its still ~ same lvl as all my other high crafting profs)
Argh!!! You're all doing it! :laugh: Blooming read each others posts :wise:
I have nothing more to say, because you are very greedy and ready to kill any progress because of this.
Charming! :rolleyes:

You all need to calm down to a frenzy, it should be us mid level pilots who are having the rants :laugh:
( luckily we all still in a state of disbelief ;) )

John B Knight. Your -rep nothing changes for me, and I'm not a troll.
I'll answer you here. You playing only for money (or you scared of losses), most others for fun. Feel difference.

PS I'm owner of Equus, but I do not care

Having to talk in public about received neg reps certainly qualifies you for being a troll.
And yes i know you have an equus , guess those free skills just came at the right moment when you noticed that the unlimited warp drive in your equus is equal to the limited warp drive I and you soon will be pulled at every placed warp mine if you dont get your captain level up.
Wonders who is greedy considering this.

:dunce: ...and after existing Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) will be burned, no more blueprints will drop; instead of them, we'll have Sleipnir Mk666 (C,L) with movement decay. This whole event is a conspiracy to get rid of vehicles w/o movement decay. /:dunce:

On a more serious note, there is always a possibility that MA aims at something that we haven't even thought of.
I am with Haruto on this, maybe there is a genuine reason behind this that we do not understand yet. We all know that next month MA are planning changes to space and the interplanetary delivery system.

I was on RT a few weeks back skilling my panther , when I left I forgot my sleip so when I got back to CAly I bought a new one. I was surprised, because at the time Sleips were the cheapest I have ever seen them. So I bought a few thinking to sit on them until the price went up, well I only had to wait until this weekend, I sold them at a nice profit.

Maybe MA feel they have to re balance the sleip before they update space. Maybe the old sleip will be nerfed perhaps it does not fit in with the new balance of space requiring MA to encourage the player base to use up the existing ones and stop new BP's of it dropping.

Who knows - thing is we never know. We didn't know that the old UL TT weapons were going to be replaced with (L) weapons and after 3 years I am used to MA changing and nerfing things, we all have to get used to it. If EU had not continually developed and changed over the years I feel sure it would not be still here today.

So before everyone says "unfair" or "I am chucking the toys out of the pram" - lets wait and see what happens next. Space is due it's overhaul, lets wait and see what we get.

Think about this. For 3 years I heard players moaning and whining about the removal of taming. Demands to have it back, complaints to MA. Eventually we get it back and it is great, a brilliant system that works very well. I cant remember many players saying "Good Job - well done MA - keep it up" yes it took years to get it back again and the player base waited and moaned, then we got it back again and it really was very well done.

Perhaps MA are just putting things in place for the SPACE update, who knows but I would rather they make whatever changes are necessary now and not after the space update is launched.

Incidentally I am with the group who think a lot of this weekends event was just stress testing servers and whilst many people moaned about lag and DCing - I agree there was some lag (no worse than any other event I have taken part in ) but during the whole weekend I did not experience 1 DC all weekend and I was shooting Hogglos in all 3 locations.

You playing only for money (or you scared of losses), most others for fun. Feel difference.

What an arrogant post. At which point in your life did it become ok to with little or no thought, pass such assumptions on the lives of others? It is quite sad really. I hope you can find a way past that sort of negative mentality :(

It is not for any of us to judge whether any other in this game tried to turn profit, plays for fun, or for neither or both, and is very poor form to do so.

After all i read from JBK.
I drop to the conclusion you're just the average investor that tought his high, and probably silly investment would remain unharmed.

Reversing this would be silly, as there was a lot of evade envolved from all parts, either hunting/pilot/whatever, also the CLD payout has come out which i would find weird if it was reversed.

Instead of being so focused chasing the ways of being the "holy one" in space so to speak,
How about you think of other examples too?

Years ago even before I played there were far much worse problems than this, which wasnt a problem unless was exploiting.
This "feature" has been around for a while, just took people a while to find out, and before not everyone was willing to wreck their vehicles for skills.

I could spend some long minutes typing here about examples of people that bought/invested in items or had them and due to some nerf/change they saw their investment decrease a lot in value, but i think you got the point clearly.

None forced you to be the "Titan of Space" so to say.
Do you think its the plan forever to keep space as empty as it has been for the past years?
No decent hunting grounds, no safe way for some hunters not willing to hunt have some place to hunt, erratic spawns, along with the server warps and many bugs, space has barrely seen any update.

Leaving space as it is would make it empty, I do believe this was intentional and dont worry, there might still be a way for MS owners to get more business other than skilling pilot/repairing and doing warp service, once this new space thing is introduced.

Reactions: SHY
Having to talk in public about received neg reps certainly qualifies you for being a troll.
And yes i know you have an equus , guess those free skills just came at the right moment when you noticed that the unlimited warp drive in your equus is equal to the limited warp drive I and you soon will be pulled at every placed warp mine if you dont get your captain level up.
Wonders who is greedy considering this.

I'm not a troll. I need only additional health points for hunting. :cool:
I never fly with a loot on Equus, only with items for my Shops, so I do not care for all your mines, pirates etc
But I can start manufacturing of mines. For all :)
Oh, yes, you can avoid it...

Added:
And I can buy all Fuses for 2000% and then we'll see what you'll say. And which prices you will offer for flights. 2000% is not enough? 3-4-5K%....

Last edited:
Typical server stress test from MA.
Probably this test was about many vehicles spawned at the same time and place.
I think MA will consider this a succesfull server stress test.

Forgot to mention, if anything this was a great event for a reason
I'd never think MA would improve the servers in a way that there was no lag ( just low fps issues ) with so many people.
At worse i saw 180-200 people on radar + vehicles + pets, and i didnt crash once there.
Before any shared event i'd not even dare to TP to the place because of the continuated crash loop or lag loop.

Do you think its the plan forever to keep space as empty as it has been for the past years?
No decent hunting grounds, no safe way for some hunters not willing to hunt have some place to hunt, erratic spawns, along with the server warps and many bugs, space has barrely seen any update.

Leaving space as it is would make it empty, I do believe this was intentional and dont worry, there might still be a way for MS owners to get more business other than skilling pilot/repairing and doing warp service, once this new space thing is introduced.

Funny how some people manage to read through all the posts in this thread, all the arguements and still come to your conclusion - your grudge is certainly an everlasting one - but lets look at this one statement of yours worth looking at.
How do you think a planetside skilling event for spaceskills is bringing life to space ?
Every logic thinking person would have assumed that putting a dense mobspawn out in space would be the right thing to do to get more activity in space - especially now since shrapnel is in the loot and can be converted to ammo on the fly effectively reducing the amount of loot one can loose in lootable space by alot.
And considering that the limited items that can be lootet in space cant be lootet either hunting in space has never had less risk then atm and there is still nearly hundred spacecrafts avaiable to join to head out for space hunts - you might not own one yourself but everyone who wants to hunt in space can do so relatively secure (especially when taking one of the portable tt terminals with him/her).
Yet we have to witness mindark gifting spaceskills away planetside that players would have spent peds hundredfold to aquire in space.
Mindark lost alot of money doing so, space players lost alot of trust by them doing so and all other players even those who refuse to see this now - you better dont start complaining the day when 'your' main profession that you worked/played for years is accidentally or intentionally handed out free to hundreds of others players on another weekend.
There is people leaving WoW and other games and come to entropia because you just cant play endgame in here right away and you need time to work your way because it is a challenge.
What happened this weekend is mindark removing this long lasting challenge for a moment making the accomplishments of many many players redundant and many of you dont even realize that it could be you who is 'surprised' next.

Yet we have to witness mindark gifting spaceskills away planetside that players would have spent peds hundredfold to aquire in space.
Mindark lost alot of money doing so, space players lost alot of trust by them doing so and all other players even those who refuse to see this now - you better dont start complaining the day when 'your' main profession that you worked/played for years is accidentally or intentionally handed out free to hundreds of others players on another weekend.
There is people leaving WoW and other games and come to entropia because you just cant play endgame in here right away and you need time to work your way because it is a challenge.
What happened this weekend is mindark removing this long lasting challenge for a moment making the accomplishments of many many players redundant and many of you dont even realize that it could be you who is 'surprised' next.

Are you saying my 2145 pts Space Pilot would have costed me 20.000 ped ( peds gone ) and years of skilling in space?

Regardless of the arguing, the chance of MA actually performing a rollback is slim to none. It would seem they are short on resources as it is at the rate of current bug fixes. The amount of time and man-power that would be necessary to refund decay and rollback skills for such a large playerbase is immense. And there won't be a massive ban wave coming either... a huge percentage of players are depositors, thus generating MA's revenue, which is why they are technically at the mercy of the playerbase (constituents). Without us playing/depositing they go out of business.

The real question is how far can they take bs like this until a majority of the playerbase has had enough? At the current rate we're going I'm concerned. There have been a lot of content/feature introductions recently that have had massive impact on the economy and the way we all play. It could be a matter of adapt or die, or that we're all just not accustomed to change, but it's still alarming that we're seeing this rate of change without any heads-up warnings/notices.

Either way time will tell all! Either the sky falls or we all love MA for making EU even better.

Either the sky falls or we all love MA for making EU even better.

The best thing I have heard in this thread. :cool: I vote for second.
But sky is not falls. Just another page of the story.

Regardless of the arguing, the chance of MA actually performing a rollback is slim to none. It would seem they are short on resources as it is at the rate of current bug fixes. The amount of time and man-power that would be necessary to refund decay and rollback skills for such a large playerbase is immense. And there won't be a massive ban wave coming either... a huge percentage of players are depositors, thus generating MA's revenue, which is why they are technically at the mercy of the playerbase (constituents). Without us playing/depositing they go out of business.

The real question is how far can they take bs like this until a majority of the playerbase has had enough? At the current rate we're going I'm concerned. There have been a lot of content/feature introductions recently that have had massive impact on the economy and the way we all play. It could be a matter of adapt or die, or that we're all just not accustomed to change, but it's still alarming that we're seeing this rate of change without any heads-up warnings/notices.

This completely.

I am sure we all dicussed/thought of the options and consequences, rolls back and mass banning sounds like an extreme headache from a business perspective, and very much to the detriment of the income for the weekend.

So what option do they have, roll back and/or ban, piss off a lot of players and have a huge headache of who paid for what. Or do nothing, and lose the trust of not only those just skilled in space, but those who skill anywhere, invest anywhere. I guess though we are all more than well aware that it can all be undone just like that.. gone in a puff of VTOL smoke.

I would like for MA to release a statement. Just telling us that it was a mistake and they have learned from it, that it won't happen again. That they value their players trust, and hope lessons can be learned. Or words to that effect. Sure it won't mend the hurt and broken trust caused, but it will at least, I hope, allow people to move on. To look back on it as " do you remember that crazy weekend? " and not " oh god I hope that doesn't happen again soon, we shouldn't skill or invest just incase it does"

Last edited:
The best thing I have heard in this thread. :cool: I vote for second.
But sky is not falls. Just another page of the story.

Before I played EU, I was introduced/exposed to its madness in 2009 by family members (I was younger than 18 at the time in the States). Let's just say he was a very very heavy spender in game and had a lot invested, then VU 10 came out and things got chaotic...

3 weeks later he was telling me how awesome the changes to loot/equipment was.
He probably made out like a bandit with UL amps.

My point here is that people are far too quick to attack any change, but as in EU as in life, change is necessary to survive. If MA doesn't makes changes/improvements then we all might as well cash out now (or go click EP). :silly2:

Shit happens that is detrimental to economies and personal wealth (housing market crash of 2008 in US). The government couldn't just "roll back" changes then. I realize it may be a little less complicated, but EU is a RCE virtual world, and so to me there's no surprise that it operates as such.

Wow... !!!!

I go get a few hours sleep and the world goes mad

This thread was about MA creating an event with at best ill thought out but intended skill gains, or maybe a bug.. Until someone from MA responds we actually don't know the answer, let alone if they will rollback some or all of the skills from this mess.
I come back on-line to find the thread has degenerated into PvPI (I just made that up) Person v Person Insults.

Lets' all just step back and re-direct our frustrations at MA, let's try and get them to see this sort of game change (short or long term) needs more careful thinking through, testing and even customer feedback before rather than after the event.

--------------------​

I would however like to mention a few points made above.

VSE skilling (and yes I have a vested interest as a skill ship owner)
I fully understand the frustration this must have caused when first introduced. But it was around a long time not just 2 days, so everyone including crafters in fact had equal opportunity to use it, and they would be building on existing skills and therefore stay ahead of others.
AFK skilling v active skilling. For a crafter to claim VSE is wrong because can be done AFK is disingenuous. Many crafters stick large craft runs on and go to bed, go to work, go play another game etc In fact AFK repairing is only semi-afk by comparison.
The differences are that crafting gives more specific skills to what is being crafted rather than the more spread skills from VSE skilling
and...VSE skilling gives control over expenditure to skills rather than the lottery of the craft terminal. It does not however give us HOF, globals or MU, so it is just another option that crafters can choose to use or not

--------------------​

Pilot skills and HP gains.
This weekends event and the associated pilot skills / health gains, were not advertised, were over such a short period that by the time news filtered to other planets, many people would have been too late, and those logging in today or in a few days had no opportunity at all. Many pilots will therefore see their skill advantage has been leeched away, and the advantage they may have given in the forthcoming changes eroded.
Pilot skilling in a ship in space (yes I mean outer space) is slow and sometimes tedious work, those with high skills have worked long and hard to get them and are right to feel cheated of their achievements.

I would imagine many hunters and miners are also pissed at people getting substantial HP gains in 2 days that have no comparator in normal game-play. I know I am.. I was proud that I have what I consider to be good HP, part from piloting and part from hunting but all of it earned the hard way.

--------------------​

The whole point of a Hogglo hunt should be to hunt Hogglos - not to exploit a side effect for unrelated skills. MA need to prevent nonsense of this nature, it devalues skills, upsets players and investors and quite honestly erodes our confidence in the game regardless of whether we took part or not.

Simple rule of business MA needs to learn
Profit is dependant on customer satisfaction and also customer retention.
It is in their interests as well as ours that new ideas are not rushed out unthinkingly and unmonitored.

Barrel organ of Titans continued to play a sad song ... :laugh:
Thanks you, amused me. Now I stop posting here my comments, and you can be serious, and discuss about bans, income and what must to do MA!
Please do not perceive it as an insult, but a nagging really tiring and makes no sense. Good luck and fly safe!

Wow, auction is overflowing with spacecraft pilot skills LOL :laugh:

They're trying to sell them before MA does rollback, thinking that they will do a rollback, which would only make that more difficult for MA to accomplish. On the bright side in 2-3 more days if MA does nothing people can buy some pilot skills nice a cheap :laugh:

The

They're trying to sell them before MA does rollback, thinking that they will do a rollback, which would only make that more difficult for MA to accomplish. On the bright side in 2-3 more days if MA does nothing people can buy some pilot skills nice a cheap :laugh:

Interesting.

How are prices?

Expecting high level players and traders to grab most of it.

Edit: Office hours over in Sweden and not a word from MA. Well... I guess that answers all of our questions.

The last roleback MA did was for the 1 extra agility gain on a repeatable mission (was it agility?)

That was an easy roleback, they just put everyones agility back to what it was.

This is much much much more difficult, peds, tools, all types of skills, tt of vehicles, etc etc......they will never do a role back.

Rgds

Ace

The

Interesting.

How are prices?

Expecting high level players and traders to grab most of it.

Edit: Office hours over in Sweden and not a word from MA. Well... I guess that answers all of our questions.

Nah the smart ones will just wait until after next weekend's event because there will be twice as many chips on au then.

It is intentional.

Oh, and the people that skilled without taking ship decay too will be banned too, so there will be more room for anyone who skilled fairly and let their vtol's take damage :)

Ok, that second part is wishful thinking, but the first part, well, that's a fact, y'all.

:dunce: ...and after existing Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) will be burned, no more blueprints will drop; instead of them, we'll have Sleipnir Mk666 (C,L) with movement decay. This whole event is a conspiracy to get rid of vehicles w/o movement decay. /:dunce:

On a more serious note, there is always a possibility that MA aims at something that we haven't even thought of.

That is something I would agree with, so I went and tested it and the Sleip bps still loot guys... :)

So, no reason to buy the OVERPRICED ones on auction atm.

Back