What would you do with NI

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
It's out there all alone and on it's own, but recently their seems to have been some player interest in this far off outpost.

If you had the chance do develop it - what would you do.

We always moan and whine about what MA implements and changes - so turn it on it's head, given the chance to develop this place - what would you implement ?

I like the "beach resort" feel of the place, Ancient Greece is always a laugh to visit, the skeletons are fun and I enjoyed the introduction to crafting that it offered.

I was never fond of there being so many papoo and boar it would be nice to have a larger diversity of mobs.

So what do you all think ?

1) Keep the beach resort feeling of the general planet.
2) Build a large futuristic-looking "travel center" in the middle.
3) Have some slightly "Stargate-ish" style travel ports at the center.
4) Put in the time travel resorts as instances with clear missions and goals, leaderboard score lists for who finished it quickest or was best at achieving a certain goal.
5) Have two different types of time travel instances; "Immersive" (can only use specially crafted items from the planet that work with the environment in the specific instance) and "Traveler" (can use any items from any planet, has a separate score list from the Immersive one).

These instances would take care of the hunting fun for the planet, while miners/crafters would be kept busy creating the crafted items needed for the Immersive areas :dunno:

As for mobs on the planet, they would be either:
1) Flocks of Chirpy-like mobs that run away when attacked or threatened.
2) Rare large mobs (or packs) that attack and requires some skill to take down.

EDIT: Also, a market stall area somewhere in the travel center, as well as some apartments and more expensive houses in different styles similar to various time travel destinations.

I'd make it really awesome, but I am not telling how ;)

Lots possible here , I actually really like NI but the unfinished things like TP's and revive points with no turrets can sometimes make it a bit of a challenge.
So firstly fix those.

Who actually owns NI now is it still that investment guy or has it passed back to MA?

I'd make it really awesome, but I am not telling how ;)

Kitch, that is just a tease, if you are not prepared to share, you shouldn't have made a comment :p

Ancient Greece is a nice place to visit, but needs a stronger fap, armor and a ranged weapon to make it viable.

Nuke it (10 letters)

Lots possible here , I actually really like NI but the unfinished things like TP's and revive points with no turrets can sometimes make it a bit of a challenge.
So firstly fix those.

What he said... Nothing more annoying than mobs attacking you when you are at storage.

Kitch, that is just a tease, if you are not prepared to share, you shouldn't have made a comment :p

Because it's my little fantasy to buy NI and revamp it into my own creative vision :cool:

Obviously I have got more chance of being struck by lightening than ever owning NI but still... Keep the dream alive :rolleyes:

Don't care a bit for the mainland, but the Ancient Greece is good as it is.

I would remove all teleporters and make 1 big flat area with 1 teleporter.
Then I'd spawn 1 mob on the planet with 500k hp which does small AOE dmg.

I'd make a plateau above the ground so that vehicles won't decay but still gain free skills. I'd put the revive near the teleporter with a TT/repair/auction/storage and 10 crafting machines.
I think I would also place a NPC there with a official healchip healing nonstop.

The mob will only drop shrapnel, ammo and a new crafting tokens that are used for metal res crafting. Also the following blueprints will be released:
Metal Residue #1 Blueprint ---- Uses 50 crafting tokens (0.50 PED)
Metal Residue #2 Blueprint ---- Uses 500 crafting tokens (5.. PED)
Metal Residue #3 Blueprint ---- Uses 5.000 crafting tokens (50 PED)
Metal Residue #1 Blueprint ---- Uses 50.000 crafting tokens (500 PED)

It will be the best planet you've ever seen

Maybe even make 2 spawns. 1 shared and 1 nonshared

Last edited:
For me, I'ld probably...
- make a list of monsters that can be found and hunted on NI, what they would loot.
- make a list of ores and enmatts that can be found on NI.
- make a list of craftable (L) weapons, armors, faps, plates BPs.
- then formulate and assign how those things could fit together to make some sort of workable economy.

Next comes the wacky part...(that I figure MA would probably never accept)
- ensure that the TT values of all lootable stuff from monsters hunted are in the range value of fragments.
- likewise for ores and enmatts found mining.
- make sure that the cost to hunt and mine is also reasonably low (for low cost play)
- make sure that the craftable BPs uses these stuff but their cost per click is under 1 PED.
- disallow equipments of all sorts from other planets...from being used on planet.
- Totally ZERO UL items....ever? (Not really firm on this part)

But then with this concept...there's the dilemma of...why should someone hunt, mine or craft on the planet? Or eventually, they would have experienced all there is to experience on the planet and leave? (These...I still haven't thought of a way to overcome...quite frankly.)

And with this sort of planet....it can either be working exceptionally well...or flunk disastrously.
(You've probably figured where I'm going with the planet huh? Building a low cost to play planet...hahaha...)

Last edited:

I'd make a plateau above the ground so that vehicles won't decay but still gain free skills. I'd put the revive near the teleporter with a TT/repair/auction/storage and 10 crafting machines.
I think I would also place a NPC there with a official healchip healing nonstop.

The mob will only drop shrapnel, ammo and a new crafting tokens that are used for metal res crafting. Also the following blueprints will be released:

Can we have npc repairers and a TT sleipnir?

Add to this auctioneers that you can skill melee on for no decay, and pressing map button at right speed doubles speed of skill gains.:silly2:

Something needs doing, last time i dropped in there i found a noob eating banana's with the papoos monkeys and scratching his ass. Poor guy had lost power of speech and could only only say his visa card details, password/login and entropia website details.

I would place it closer to calypso. I would like to visit it someday, but the 2 hour flight through space full of cheating and exploiting pirates is no fun at all.

I am impressed with the responses, much more positive than I was expecting - I particularly like Killahbees reply, the free skilling planet.

I was think that at the beach resort you could have a penny / ped arcade with virtual slot machines that you could put a pec / ped in and have a spin.

I like the idea of the statgate portal with various instances / areas you could jump to. These could be themed and maybe available only on a rotational basis so it is not always possible to access all the locations on the same day.

I would place it closer to calypso. I would like to visit it someday, but the 2 hour flight through space full of cheating and exploiting pirates is no fun at all.

Only takes 1 hour in a Quad. Less if you go from Arkadia. :)

1 hour. No pirates.

I like the holiday resort idea very much. I also like the idea of "time shards" from next island. There should be lots of time shards that offer a mission chain inside and having their own complete story and you can not take any gear inside that shards but take out what you get.

The planet should offer a lot of nice estates on the beach or even on the trees into the jungle and classic apartments with lots of light and a nice viev out of the windows. The wildlife out of the instances and the ores should hold 50% of all components needed for crafting shard gear and the other 50% can gatherd inside the instances. There should be even some premium instances that require some kind of payment to enter them.

Sometimes the bots should visit and remember us we share all the same universe.

Edit : Oh and some parts of the planet should NOT have any day/night cycle but stay always sunny and bright. That would make me pack my stuff and say good bye to calypso. :)

also too much different crap in loot that needs a complete overhaul imo

Something a little bit innovative.

Devise a way to allow players to invest, create and run their own little chunk of a planet. Like a cross between a LA owner and a planet partner. Where everyone has the opportunity to do things they wish, on some restricted yet highly customisable level.

Players get to be a bigger part of the game, and MA gets developers who bring in lots of new ideas and test them out on their own little chunk of a word.

:)

Something a little bit innovative.

Devise a way to allow players to invest, create and run their own little chunk of a planet. Like a cross between a LA owner and a planet partner. Where everyone has the opportunity to do things they wish, on some restricted yet highly customisable level.

Players get to be a bigger part of the game, and MA gets developers who bring in lots of new ideas and test them out on their own little chunk of a word.

:)

Something like Neverwinter's Foundry would be cool to buy access to in Entropia. Basically you'd buy a 'farm' type of estate on the planet and then set up the instance associated with that property that you had a hand in developing, so it'd be like a PP on a smaller scale, but you only are controlling one instance per estate purchased instead of a whole planet full of instances like the PPs have.

Having spent a couple weeks on NI this past month since MM ended I have a few ideas that wouldn't be to hard to implement.

First as someone mentioned a few more instances would be great and I do like the idea of the "time travel" idea. This would give more uses for the time travel crystals other than just accessing Ancient Greece. Maybe something for 20th century Earth and something more futuristic as well similar in style to cyrene.

Ancient Greece does need the addons that someone else mentioned and we tossed some ideas around on my socs trips there lately like bolos, javelin or even just a slingshot. Some form of cheap to use, low damage range item to give the ability to draw a mob out of the pack (has anyone noticed how tight the cyclops draw into a pack?) An upgrade to the herb box would be very useful also since when we went we had 3 healers all fapping 4 people doing damage (ask Taco and Que how well this worked on the big stereopes :eyecrazy:)

Back to the mainland tho. I love how ND has his corner set up and really wish that he could get back there to do some more development (not more of that RT feel tho but more how it is right now). THe beach resort and "unexplored" feel to the planet is very cool indeed and just needs some minor tweaks. WHen you first land you are so far away from everything that there really does need to be some sort of adjustment made to this. Maybe jsut a small outpost with a mission to point you to Crystal Center or something.

I will admit that there is still much more that I need to explore myself on that planet and it would probably take me weeks to get a full feel of the place before I could add much more but I do have some fun there.

Loot needs a reworking, remove unused materials or set up npc's like calypso to accept unused stuff for items. Could do through different time zones which is coolest thing about NI.

More work on Ancient Greece, and priority fix is the usability of weapons for terminals there to work on AG.

Fix hunting loot drops - crazy amounts of pixie shins for instance - needs rebalance

Maybe MA or existing planet partner offer to manage NI for %, for owner.

Get people from community involved to help, who may have skills.

NI is a nice place, the time zones are really nice touch, just a pity hasn't been developed and balanced/fixed further.

Ok being serious now.. MindArk themselves already announced NI as an "outpost" in entropia universe.
http://www.nextisland.com/
Next Island - An Outpost in Entropia Universe!

If that's the case they should move it closer to calypso in order to have some form of revenue. Server costs surely cost more than a penny and I bet it's either MA that are paying it now or us. Could be our generated revenue from calypso is used to fuel server costs of a dead planet.

So to not waste time and space, both for current players and future ones. They can add something that will attract players to NI like a fixed shared loot spawn every few hours or make it work similar to RT's king kong. Go through X waves in the sea then the boss will spawn.

To make it interesting and unique it should be in the sea. A Deep Ocean King Shark has 180k hp
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Deep_Ocean_King_Shark
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207468-Deep-Ocean-King-Shark
Also lets not forget, make it do AOE dmg. :yay: Then people in skillin' sleipnirs can stay just above water while everyone can attack it underwater = WIN-WIN! Heck this might even bring some crafters to NI and its economy could build up.

If they do move it closer to calypso then I suppose they could add a TP back to Calypso (like monria) and make the NI global server the same as calypso.

I believe this would attract some peeps to NI.

Easy, minor things, that I Think should be done first, Before any other fantastic ideas:

Ancient Greece:
MA changed the items in the trader to items that can't be used there. This means that it's pretty hard for new people. A few suggestions:

* Fix mission bugs! Make people able to get rewards for missions, rather than Code 04/Code 05.

* Make it possible to still get Ancient Greece items, but in a more controlled way:
- After above Point is fixed, new people arriving in AG should once again be getting the "falx" sword.
- Make a mission to get a herb box: Make a mission to get a wooden box (mission item) after killing 100 mobs, a "stack of herbs" by picking the flowers, and turn those mission items in to receive a herb box. (The killing 100 mobs part is mostly so that it doesn't get swarmed with alts, getting the herb box for nothing.)

* Mob size: Instead of having bigger weapons, makes mobs possible to manage with the Equipment there is.
- Reduce the damage from the biggest Cyclops to something that's manageble. I got the feeling that the 100+ damage came from a VU where MA rebalanced high HP mobs.
- Don't implement big guns. Though, implement a low-dmg ranged weapon (like bow and Arrow or slingshot), that is intended to tag mobs.
- Implement an (L) archon sword
- Vehicles: It would be nice with a boat. It should be "Classic style", and it doesn't need to be superfast.

* Implement mining in AG, allowing (of cource) only AG mining gear.
- Wooden fork to find deposits, showel to dig it up with.
- Rather not "asteroid" mining style.
- Mining amp: Horseshoe.

* Oh did it say...
- Remove the stupid TT items that comes from NI and doesn't work anyway. Implement (L) versions of the old NI gear, and let players get the "real things" from manageble missions as above.

Ok being serious now.. MindArk themselves already announced NI as an "outpost" in entropia universe.
http://www.nextisland.com/

To make it interesting and unique it should be in the sea. A Deep Ocean King Shark has 180k hp
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Deep_Ocean_King_Shark

There used to be "sacred boars" in NI, but at a VU they were swept away, without any message about it...

The idea about NI I had in the past, Before the newer planets and Before (of course) the downsizing of them, would be to merge NI and RT. At the time, both NI and RT had a forest area at the western server sqares, so (with some re-arranging), you could have, on same planet, NI - (forst area) - RT. Practical also considering NDs server Square on NI, and the fact some mobs are a bit familiar (Sharks on both planets, Different drakes on both planets, pappoos on NI and Kong on RT).

Now merging NI and RT probably wouldn't be so nice for Cyrene and Toulan - exept, possibly, if Toulan and Cyrene also got to merge. Some parts of them looked familiar. Though some of cyrene's feeling got lost in the downsize. For the new Cyrene and Toulan maybe a new sevrer area could be added, where there could be a capital/city for trading.

I would work more with Ancient Greece to add items and skills that can only be used there. It's just about the only way to start everyone off on the same/similar level again somewhere.

Back