Have the hunting Ho-Hums, here is what I did.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I started hunting small Kerrbies. I have to say that I am having a great time. I realized that I like swirlies no matter the amount. OFC, I want the big ones but it costs a lot to hunt mobs that give those out. I made a 100USD depo hunted prots and feffox (500 ped run for each), 2 hours later I had 164 ped and never got a single swirly. Not much fun and costly. Also makes one think about taking a break and I hate to think about that. Anyway I started the kerrby mission and found that it was great fun. So, that is what I am hunting right now. The gun I have has .14 decay and uses 800 ammo and it is UL and I do miss but still at that cost it is not bad. Also I don't use an amp so the .14 decay is all I have to pay for and also hunt WO armor. My decay with my FAP usually runs 2.5 to 3 ped decay on a 1 hour run. I buy 55 ped in ammo and use a loot pill. I hunt until I run out of ammo or the loot pill runs out and go cash out and start over. Sometimes I do the whole hour sometime 30 minutes, usually runs 30 minutes or more up to the hour. If I get no loot at all most I lose it 56 or 57 ped, not that much. However I had one run the I made over 600 ped, due to the fact I got a 560 ped HOF. The loot return for peds spent sometime it really something. It costs just about 1 ped to kill a young, for me, and I got 82 ped global, that's 81 ped profit or 81X my cost to kill, not bad. One of the good things is you don't have the pressure of loosing 300 or 400 ped on a big run. But the best thing is I am still using the 164 ped I had left from my depo and its been about 3 weeks now. The only thing I wish is my skills would go up faster but with a small damage gun on small mobs that not going to happen but I do get a few. It takes me 2 or 3 days to get the skills I get in an hour hunting prots or Feffoxs.

I just though I would share this as it has made the game fun for me again, like to old days hunting snabbies with the oppola but now I get more loot and swirlies.

So I guess my advice is, if you are getting low on peds or just tired of grinding big mobs and worrying about the ped you can lose then cut back, buy a low damage, low decay UL gun and hunt some babies:)

Nice to hear you have such a blast on smaller mobs. I am also mostly hunting smaller mobs, because most bigger mobs i encountered were not worth to be hunted.

nice thread. This is why I have a xent tech x3/a102 combo. It's like opalo/a105 from the old days.
What you could also do is get a philosopher sword. that's also around 60 ped per repair. UL + Sib so even less loss or slight profit.
And you are right, swirlies are fun no matter what the size of the mob is.

You must be the lucky one . I hunted them for 2 months , was top hunter for the month in tracker but never got anything higher then 200 ped . I am not complaining i made a profit on them (oil was 115%) but a hof would have been so nice . i used a very eco setup , almost 2,9 dpp so i guess its normal that my loot swings where not so big .

Switched to punys lately with Ark-0 and azuro. Same fun like on hoglos just almost for free. Even had swirlies (13 peder - almost got heart attack, thought I ATHed :p )

Also killing uber big mobs with philo - Longu Young :D similar fun, not much biger budget.

Waiting till MA get serious again, start answering support cases, fire Ulf, fullfill promises etc - Then again will will be back to 2-20 peder mobs. Now watch me kiling 1 - 3 pecers MA, and gues where all your depositors gone !!!

nice thread. This is why I have a xent tech x3/a102 combo. It's like opalo/a105 from the old days.
What you could also do is get a philosopher sword. that's also around 60 ped per repair. UL + Sib so even less loss or slight profit.
And you are right, swirlies are fun no matter what the size of the mob is.

Way ahead of you there on the sword I think I had about the first one. Paid way to much I might add and really got screwed because I bought the first one I saw on the AU and now they are less than 10% if what I paid:(. Oh well live and learn:).

There is a good range of mobs that are cheap to hunt with low level gear. If you get bored try other spawns of low level mobs also.

Switched to punys lately with Ark-0 and azuro. Same fun like on hoglos just almost for free. Even had swirlies (13 peder - almost got heart attack, thought I ATHed :p )

Also killing uber big mobs with philo - Longu Young :D similar fun, not much biger budget.

Waiting till MA get serious again, start answering support cases, fire Ulf, fullfill promises etc - Then again will will be back to 2-20 peder mobs. Now watch me kiling 1 - 3 pecers MA, and gues where all your depositors gone !!!

Word up to that!!! I totally agree dude. Something seriously went astray with MA since December (at least). Communication is totally absent.

And to comment on OP. Great post - and great advice. After my rants I went and finished the 10k puny mission. I also have been hunting kerbs, berys, and the like. There are ways to make it more fun like you suggest, if you don't like going small.

You must be the lucky one . I hunted them for 2 months , was top hunter for the month in tracker but never got anything higher then 200 ped . I am not complaining i made a profit on them (oil was 115%) but a hof would have been so nice . i used a very eco setup , almost 2,9 dpp so i guess its normal that my loot swings where not so big .

I was very lucky to get one. I notice when looking at tracker there are almost always 5 weekly highs single loots at 200+ and there was one a while ago that was 2K+ and the ATH for the kerrby. Take a look at Kimmi's Hunting Globals and the number of HOFs he has on kerrbies, it will make you jealous:). BTW my eco on my un-amped pistol is 2.988 at 35/60. I don't get the full damage but good enough for babies:).

I was very lucky to get one. I notice when looking at tracker there are almost always 5 weekly highs single loots at 200+ and there was one a while ago that was 2K+ and the ATH for the kerrby. Take a look at Kimmi's Hunting Globals and the number of HOFs he has on kerrbies, it will make you jealous:). BTW my eco on my un-amped pistol is 2.988 at 35/60. I don't get the full damage but good enough for babies:).

Which weapon are you using ?

Get an ARS for your arse. And you'll never have to buy another UL gun for low lvl grinding. Plus not to mention it's an awesome finisher/tagger.

Anything below 200 hp is fair game with ARS. Heck even small argonauts (300 hp) can be done but it will take sometime to kill since ARS has 11 dps and 2.968 dpp with a101.

Get an ARS for your arse. And you'll never have to buy another UL gun for low lvl grinding. Plus not to mention it's an awesome finisher/tagger.

Anything below 200 hp is fair game with ARS. Heck even small argonauts (300 hp) can be done but it will take sometime to kill since ARS has 11 dps and 2.968 dpp with a101.

Actually the Imp Defender I use has better eco that the ARS. The decay on the ARS is almost 10 times the decay on the defender plus if I would use A101 the eco would be 3.004. 2.988 without the amp, and 3 times the damage per/sec. I can kill a Prowler Kerrby fairly easely usually without healing and its HP is 840. Obviously I am not maxed on the defender and I do get misses, not evades, but I don't think enough to make a big difference in eco. I average around 88 to 90 percent hits according to ET which, at worst, is only 2% less than a gun I am maxed on and at .14 decay and 800 ammo it doesn't cost that much more.

Don't get me wrong the ARS is a excellent weapon but I think it is a little small for what I like to hunt.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=EWE_EP-21_Defender_Improved

Actually the Imp Defender I use has better eco that the ARS. The decay on the ARS is almost 10 times the decay on the defender plus if I would use A101 the eco would be 3.004. 2.988 without the amp, and 3 times the damage per/sec. I can kill a Prowler Kerrby fairly easely usually without healing and its HP is 840. Obviously I am not maxed on the defender and I do get misses, not evades, but I don't think enough to make a big difference in eco. I average around 88 to 90 percent hits according to ET which, at worst, is only 2% less than a gun I am maxed on and at .14 decay and 800 ammo it doesn't cost that much more.

Don't get me wrong the ARS is a excellent weapon but I think it is a little small for what I like to hunt.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=EWE_EP-21_Defender_Improved

Well all true. :p but I guess my kinda low lvl mobs ain't your kinda lvl mobs. :lolup:

If i understand your post right and you are 35 hit / 60 dmg on it , then your HA should be around 6 or so.

With that eco on the imp defender is around 2.67dpp not 2.98dpp ( These are the maxed stats ). You can check out weapon compare for it.

Anyway if you are satisfied with the results all is fine.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

Obviously I am not maxed on the defender and I do get misses, not evades, but I don't think enough to make a big difference in eco.

I21 eco @ max = 2.998. At lvl 60 dmg (with lvl 100 hit) you are down to 2.795. I use lvl 100 hit cos of the new way of calcing HA, but my point is proven.

Used maxed guns, kids.

according to entropedia at lvl 60 hit and dmg the eco is 2.665 :scratch2:

according to entropedia at lvl 60 hit and dmg the eco is 2.665 :scratch2:

Its calcing with old formula, oldschool 6.0 HA ~= 7.6 HA after the eco increase on nonsib guns

I21 eco @ max = 2.998. At lvl 60 dmg (with lvl 100 hit) you are down to 2.795. I use lvl 100 hit cos of the new way of calcing HA, but my point is proven.

Used maxed guns, kids.

Actually I am a bit higher than that, 88.45 ranged laser damage and 85.44 laser pistol hit. I just checked EP and using my old skills D/L and they are using 84 dmg and 83 hit so I show 2.857 eco. Not sure what it would be with my new levels and too lazy to scan them and load them up and I don't know how to figure them the new way :). EP was also showing dmg/sec at 23.3 and 24.3 at 100%. However I am sure that ET shows around 25-26 for my damage(and that is over the last 23 days of playing at least 4 hours a day and only kerrbies) and as I said between 88-90 % hits. 90s are just once in a while however 89% are as frequent as 88s and the 88s are more like 88.5. I am not disputing EP but I think it really plays a little different in the game.

I don't think this is for everybody and your level is a big factor but consider these two things, One, with .14 decay and you lose 50% (which you would not lose that much I don't think) because of misses (not mob evade) it would still be only .21 decay and ofc the ammo but that is not much either. Two, and IMO very important is you never have to pay MU for to buy another L gun or worry about finding one that you want on the AU.

BTW I was sure there would be, as always, the nay-sayers and I don't really disagree with what you are saying and, actually as far as I am concerned, its pretty good advice. I was just stating what I was doing and I have to say that when I go out shoot for one hour (loot-pill time) and my decay is always less than 4 ped and I don't have to worry about shooting up my gun that makes a big difference to me. When I say shooting I mean shooting everything in sight:).

Side-Note on the gun I am showing 16.5/35 Hit/max and at 100% it would be 17.5/35 and 9.1/10 HA and 9.2/10 on crit-hit.

When you're hunting low end it's all about the loot, forget about skills they do go up but very slowly so stop checking them.

It's such a release to be free of chasing skill.

When you're hunting low end it's all about the loot, forget about skills they do go up but very slowly so stop checking them.

It's such a release to be free of chasing skill.

True, when I mentioned them I was just wishful thinking:). Along that line I have noticed that the skill boosts seem to be smaller than when I use a bigger gun on bigger mobs. I can't see how that could matter though.

Also one other thing I thought about was evade skills, does it matter the size of mob, skill-wise ? Either they hit you or don't. It may not matter how big the mob for evade. I do note that bigger mobs hit me more often than the smaller one and maybe that means more chance of an evade skill, but still it could be the same amount of increase in the evade on either type of mob, that is big or small.

I switched to small mobs with the tt-enblade-a back in vu9/10 and my skills have gone up slightly but I do see the green lines but don't pay much attention to them.

I check my skill levels out every few months but I still view them the same way I did when I started their just proof I've been playing nothing more. I'm far more interested in the level of my ped card and how much I've got in stacks in storage.

With a 750ped hof I got near the end of vu9 and the stacks in storage I've not needed to deposit since.

And with the captain skill issue in the recent hogglo event highlights what MA think of skills anyway. Before vu9 they wanted skills to be harder and harder to get but in recent years they've made it easier and easier as time progresses so why make life hard for yourself now when MA will nerf it in a few months and make all that effort wasted.

I switched to small mobs with the tt-enblade-a back in vu9/10 and my skills have gone up slightly but I do see the green lines but don't pay much attention to them.

I check my skill levels out every few months but I still view them the same way I did when I started their just proof I've been playing nothing more. I'm far more interested in the level of my ped card and how much I've got in stacks in storage.

With a 750ped hof I got near the end of vu9 and the stacks in storage I've not needed to deposit since.

And with the captain skill issue in the recent hogglo event highlights what MA think of skills anyway. Before vu9 they wanted skills to be harder and harder to get but in recent years they've made it easier and easier as time progresses so why make life hard for yourself now when MA will nerf it in a few months and make all that effort wasted.

I didn't hear about the captain issue, what was that ? If you have been using an eblade for that long I bet you have high strength:). Way back when I used TT sword for a couple of long sessions and gain 9 or 10 strength in 2 days. Ofc when it started to take longer to get another full gain I switched back to guns.

Back