Want Ads

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
I think it's about time a want ads terminal was implemented in the game.

This terminal could be categorized into subjects, and require a small fee to post for 30 days, or until cancelled, whichever comes first. Subjects could be:

In-Game work
Societies
New Player Help
Buying
Selling
Land Areas
Transport

Folks could then use this terminal to advertise various related services. It would be used to supplement the Ad terminals, as folks could browse through these at will instead of waiting for an image to cycle through.

New players could be referred to these boards to help them find job opportunities and other ways to get started.

It would improve the overall player experience.

I think it's about time a want ads terminal was implemented in the game.

This terminal could be categorized into subjects, and require a small fee to post for 30 days, or until cancelled, whichever comes first. Subjects could be:

In-Game work
Societies
New Player Help
Buying
Selling
Land Areas
Transport

Folks could then use this terminal to advertise various related services. It would be used to supplement the Ad terminals, as folks could browse through these at will instead of waiting for an image to cycle through.

New players could be referred to these boards to help them find job opportunities and other ways to get started.

It would improve the overall player experience.

Agree with this. Income for MA and exposure for players needs etc. :) :wise:

Sounds good! :)

The problem with this is that it would undermine the auction and the orders system, unless it was too expensive to be useful. No-one would ever use the auction for any high markup items.

The problem with this is that it would undermine the auction and the orders system, unless it was too expensive to be useful. No-one would ever use the auction for any high markup items.

Well what is the difference between this idea and the current ad terminals we have know? Some people use it now to advertise shops or even specific high MU items as it is. Either way you pay a fee to have your ad published this would just give people a chance to view only content they want to see. I see a lot of potential for something like this as the images could be more static than the projector terminals in say twin, zues and other spots as it would allow you longer to actually SEE the message.

Well what is the difference between this idea and the current ad terminals we have know? Some people use it now to advertise shops or even specific high MU items as it is. Either way you pay a fee to have your ad published this would just give people a chance to view only content they want to see. I see a lot of potential for something like this as the images could be more static than the projector terminals in say twin, zues and other spots as it would allow you longer to actually SEE the message.

You answered your own question there :)

I see enough ads in RL.
I come to the game to get away from Ads, spam, RL, etc.

Back