FYI: Captain Profession

cw6/15 has not been forgotten - we shall mourn the lack of communication, the absence of an offical statement like suggested in support cases and we hope that the calypso advisors are enabled to make sure such an event that screws over the efforts of many longterm regular players wont happen again without early intervention.

There is still some players who stopped playing entropia universe waiting for an answer on the matter and reassurance that the time and effort they spent in this universe is not rendered 'worthless' again in the near future.

quads didn't recover in price and seems bps for them don't drop anymore (or drops got drastically reduced)..
so perhaps it was done to reduce amount of quads?
to prepare for space update?
to give equus more value?
the spawn in no vehicle pvp suggests they knew ppl would skill with vehicles in other spawn...
perhaps this was the only point why they did it?

was just something that came to my mind some time ago and remembered when i saw this bump..

i know it is very tinfoily..lol

Last edited:
cw6/15 has not been forgotten - we shall mourn the lack of communication, the absence of an offical statement like suggested in support cases and we hope that the calypso advisors are enabled to make sure such an event that screws over the efforts of many longterm regular players wont happen again without early intervention.

There is still some players who stopped playing entropia universe waiting for an answer on the matter and reassurance that the time and effort they spent in this universe is not rendered 'worthless' again in the near future.
Thanks for the update, John. It saves me trawling through the forum for an announcement that clearly hasn't happened yet.

All I got in response to my support case asking about the incident was a rather rudely worded statement that they were not going to talk about it and that I should address it to the forums for discussion. The fact that MindArk has not commented on this at all seven weeks later is an afront to many of us. And remember, if they can screw over those of us skilling Captain, they can do the same to those doing other skills too.

This isn't the first time I've been stung in my time in Entropia. I remember once buying a FAP tool for several hundred peds, only to see the value crash with the introduction of other tools. I accepted that as being part of the "dynamic" universe. Then there was the time I was going to sell my full set of Boar armour. The going rate at the time was 8,000 - 10,000 peds, but then I decided against it. I'd perhaps be lucky to get TT+2,000 now I guess. Again, I took it on the chin and continued participating and depositing. There have probably been other examples of this that I've forgotten about now. And the majority of people who have been in game any length of time have possibly lost or gained by similar changes in the market so it's not like I'm unique in this.

But the ramifications of the Hogglo event are, for me, far more difficult to just accept.

Imagine that, as an example, crafting a certain common item gained skills related to Laser Pistoleer (Hit) at an insanely accelerated rate due to a bug. Imagine it was not spotted for three days over a weekend, allowing people to gain ten or more levels in LP(H) in that time. And once it was patched MindArk would make no comment on it, not do anything else about it, and Support would simply refuse to discuss it. Those who have been working towards LP(H) in the way the system had intended would be hopping mad, and with good reason.

I told myself not to do anything rash until I got back from my spring break. I got home tonight and it seems I now have a decision to make....

SEVEN WEEKS, MINDARK. SEVEN FUCKING WEEKS!!!

One other thing to consider...

I've been a participant in Project Entropia/Entropia Universe for over nine years now, and in that time I have deposited a significant amount of real life money. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with paying a fair price for my entertainment, whether it is subscription TV, live football, comedy nights or, indeed, computer games. However, if there is a problem with any of these services I do not expect the service provider to effecively tell me to go away and ask someone else.

Another nudge.

I've nothing further to add, other than we're up to nine weeks since the event. No acknowledgement from Mindark yet, never mind any action. Economy built on quicksand.

I'll keep nudging. I won't stop.

I've found based on similar situations in the past, if enough people are exploiting a bug MA won't do anything about it. They might fix the bug to make further abuse impossible, but they're unlikely to ban a large portion of their extremely small player base.

Basically if everyone else is doing it, hop on the bandwagon and reap the rewards. MA will eventually figure out how to do QA testing.

Dear MindArk,

We are still waiting for the response you wouldn't give by support case about this issue.

Regards,

I.M. Pissed-Off,
101 Calypso Space Station.

Dear MindArk,

We are still waiting for the response you wouldn't give by support case about this issue.

Regards,

I.M. Pissed-Off,
101 Calypso Space Station.

Perhaps time for a new SC?

Perhaps time for a new SC?

Good call:

Dear Support,

In February of this year I submitted a support case (Number xxxxxx) concerning a Hogglo event where large amounts of skills related to the Captain profession were gained by people exploiting a bug by flying over the event area. I complained that this was unjust to those of us skilling Captain in the way we believed was how it had been intended (i.e, piloting spacecraft).

The response to my support case was basically that Support were not going to discuss the matter and that I should take it to the forums. I did this yet eleven weeks later MindArk still appear to not be discussing the case, certainly not in public.

To say that I am dissatisfied with the above scenario would be pretty accurate. When a service provider lets me down (and as a Captain skiller, I felt let down) I don't expect the service provider to effectively say "go away and ask someone else about this."

I, and others, have been patient with MindArk. Very patient. Now I ask again; What are MindArk going to do to rectify the results of the bug that has effectively cheapened, perhaps rendered pointless the efforts of many Captain skillers?

Please don't tell me that you are not going to discuss this. If this is your instinct then I urge you to pass this up the chain of command to someone who can give a definitive answer.

Remember that MindArk will be judged on their actions, or lack thereof.

Regards, Dusk.

And an answer in nine minutes. It doesn't exactly fill me with optimism though.

Hi Dusk,

Thank you for your support case.

I humbly apologies for the inconvenience but due to our policy's we will never share our cause of action through support cases, if there is to be a statement it will be made through public channels for everyone.

I will however forward your case as feedback to our management to make them aware of yours and others feelings, I apologies as this will be a not so pleasing answer to you but at this time it is the best I can do.

Take care and best of luck in the meanwhile and a big thank you for your patience shown so far.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Ulf is one of the best ( 9 minutes!), but Mindark have to balance pissing off 12 people vs 500.

Which do you think they are going to choose?

Realistically.

Because they sure as hell arent going to replace all those Sleipnir's.

Ulf is one of the best ( 9 minutes!), but Mindark have to balance pissing off 12 people vs 500.

Which do you think they are going to choose?

Realistically.

Because they sure as hell arent going to replace all those Sleipnir's.

Noone expects a solution that pisses off more players then before, but a reaction that shows that all players and their contributions to the game / all customers are appreciated and their dedication to the game is valued.
An assurance that there was an oversight and that it wont happen again would be nice too.

A space event for example open to all players but showing recognition and opportunity to those who spent years in space would be nice for a change.

An assurance that there was an oversight and that it wont happen again would be nice too.

A space event for example open to all players but showing recognition and opportunity to those who spent years in space would be nice for a change.

The oversight has already been rectified, any time there is a big mob event it is always made in a vehicle free zone now. 'Old Fred' was spawned in a vehicle free zone, and I believe further instances of Hogglo Diablo were after the February instance.

A space event is an excellent idea, and I'd fully support it, has a thread or support case been made regarding this? I know there was a thread about the remaining Equus being the prize, but it looks like that wont now happen. To make a space event a success (I suggest) they would have to create a temporary PVP disabled zone in if they wanted mass support (most players are lootable averse), but there could be a case for one leaving space as it is.

I know the thread starter is unhappy, but I think if you are waiting for a quick answer, I would remind him how long Neverdie waited for "The Egg" to hatch.

I know very well how long the egg took to hatch. But then Neverdie bought that egg of his own free will at an inflated price - no-one put a gun to his head and said "buy this or else." And that egg also brought Neverdie a fair amount of publicity in the meantime, both in game and outside of it.

While I accept there will be no quick resolution to this, it harms no-one if I occasionally give MindArk a nudge in the ribs about it.

And here is my latest nudge in the ribs. I won't let this issue drop.

Nine years I've been a participant, MindArk. Don't assume that you can fuck me and others over and carry on as if nothing has happened.

A public "Oops, we f*cked up" wouldn't go amiss you know, MindArk.

Consider this another dig in the ribs.

So, it is six months on from the Hogglo event and the repercussions that are the subject of this thread.

Despite my support cases on the subject, MindArk have decided not to give any answers, either to me or the community as a whole. This despite one of their own people saying that it was information that "everyone should have."

After so long it is obvious that MindArk have no intention of giving answers. While many people benefited from what we can assume was a cock-up (assume because we haven't been told any different) plenty of people who were loyal to the skills and their intended method of acquiring them saw their longstanding efforts devalued.

I didn't pack it all in as a result, as tempted as I was at the time. However I do participate in a different way now. A way in which MindArk pay me.

In the cold light of day, I think I liken what happened to doing a good job in your real life place of employment over many years only for the first day apprentice to come in and instantly be promoted above you.

Think your level 90 laser pistoleer (hit) or level 95 prospector is safe? Don't be so sure. One MindArk fuck up could devalue everything. Be careful out there, people. And don't take stuff for granted in this universe because everything is built on quicksand.

Back