FYI: Captain Profession

I hunted quite a bit in my quad, and the gains are unfortunately really bad. Took forever to get to 100 points in SP :(

And is there a more accurate statistics? Up to the level of 100 skill is growing very fast, and 1 point for 1 gain. If you have about 1000 or more SP, gains will be a lot slower

In my calculations, for me (and with my skills) is enough to earn only 200 SP for gain in 1 level of Captain Profession (from 5 point to 200 in two related skills, SP and SS, 200 SP gives gain from 13 to 14 lvl). Before event and chipping I was ~13 lvl captain (with zero skills in SP and SS), now I'm 22 lvl Captain (1900+ and 1400+ in SP and SS, initial was 5 in SP and 2 or 3 in SS)

Last edited:
And is there a more accurate statistics? Up to the level of 100 skill is growing very fast, and 1 point for 1 gain. If you have about 1000 or more SP, gains will be a lot slower

In my calculations, for me (and with my skills) is enough to earn only 200 SP for gain in 1 level of Captain Profession (from 5 point to 200 in two related skills, SP and SS, 200 SP gives gain from 13 to 14 lvl). Before event and chipping I was ~13 lvl captain (with zero skills in SP and SS), now I'm 22 lvl Captain (1900+ and 1400+ in SP and SS, initial was 5 in SP and 2 or 3 in SS)

0-100 points SP required one full TT of kismet and half a quad. That's the most accurate I can give at the moment. I can do some testing at some point but not very motivated to do so at the moment since I have a hundred other things going on.

0-100 points SP required one full TT of kismet and half a quad. That's the most accurate I can give at the moment. I can do some testing at some point but not very motivated to do so at the moment since I have a hundred other things going on.

15 PED TT (23 with MU) and 21 PED TT (50 with MU). Not bad! But need to do some tests to confirm.
This is 1/5 of one HP gain!

I can understand the way the support is answering, because it's not actually a support case but more of an general question and thought about the game. And as they say, they can't have individual discussions with players about different game mechanism and why and how they do things, they don't have time for that. If they start answering that kind of stuff they risk being swarm with that kind of "discussions" with players, this kind of stuff should be in forums. So the real problems is the lack of communications in the forums from MA, not the lack of support.

MindArk would have had less questions had they actually said something, anything, to explain what happened last weekend. In that respect I can see why support must be cursing their colleagues in PR.

As has been stated by others, there are trust issues with this. I'm also puzzled by the mentality that the service provider will fuck it's customers over eventually. I never realised the customer base was so tolerant.

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow to hear their statement (yeah right).

There is a very worrying and recurring theme on this thread.

That because this sort of dire circumstance has happened before, that we should not only accept it, but expect it.

When did the player base of Entropia become so brow beaten, that this all became ok?

Its quite saddening really to think that as customers, we have all but accepted that this is the norm, to the point of those speaking out against it are told to pipe down by their peers. What happened here? How did a company not only manage to have its players forgive its flaws, but also defend them.

Surely we are all of sound enough mind to know when something just isn't right, regardless of how often it happened before. As customers, and as a community, it should be us who seizes the moment, says enough is enough and stands together to demand answers, regardless of whom or how many were effected.

This was never about space vs planet, but about the fundamental trust in a company and a game that stabilises all around us, without that, and without us asking for at least an explanation, we have resigned ourselves to be faced with this situation over and over again in the future. Is that what you really want?

We all want the same thing, for the game we love and cherish to remain fruitful and fun, for that, we have to now and again take a stand, and just ask... to make things right.

Just wanted to remind readers of this post while we are 'waiting for tomorrow' again and again as if we are stuck in Groundhog Day! I think this is one of your best ever posts Alaina!

*comes in*

*has a look around*

*sees no statement from MA*

Just a thought,

By this logic of this thread MA also need to roll back everyones VSE skills during 0.0 peroid

AND

All loot missed by pirates when people logged out should be taken from their ped cards and placed in the pirates ped card..

All agreed???

All agreed???

I am against. But I am also against rollbacks. And I vote for a new event with Hogglo ...to improve skills ... and HP

:dunce:

I am against. But I am also against rollbacks. And I vote for a new event with Hogglo ...to improve skills ... and HP

:dunce:

The statement was RHETORICAL :laugh:

I would lose about 1/4 of my skills and lots of ped if they rolled that shit back! :laugh:

Just making a point

The statement was RHETORICAL :laugh:

I would lose about 1/4 of my skills and lots of ped if they rolled that shit back! :laugh:

Just making a point

Yes, this is understandable.
Following the logic of the applicants:
Sweat - Exploit
Fruits, stones and Dung found with no cost - exploit.
Hunting in team or from a big distance (if you do not get damaged, no decay of FAP or Armor) - exploit.
Trading without Auction (P2P) - exploit (MA do not recieve any fee)
And so on...

Maybe MA must roll back all skills of all avatars to 2003 (zero)?
And lets go drop Mod. FAP's!

I think that for those, who was disappointed, was enough to send the SC and to inform the players, rather than inflate this crazy debate about the MA statements or rollbacks.

PS I disappointed in fact that I cannot loot a Mod. FAP! Can I whine about this?

Last edited:
Just a thought,

By this logic of this thread MA also need to roll back everyones VSE skills during 0.0 peroid

All agreed???
Go for it. As long as everyone is treated equally in this regard then I'm all for it.

Lets not do anything rash... I was making the point to let sleeping dogs lie... :ahh:

I think they should have a crafting event using TT mats that gives Captain skills, since they're tacitly showing their keenness for free skills.

I think they should have a crafting event using TT mats that gives Captain skills, since they're tacitly showing their keenness for free skills.

Yes, when crafting Explosive :laugh:
But of course, must gain not base skill (Spacecraft Pilot), but secondary, Spacecraft Systems. This will be fair.

So two weeks since this event yet we are still to see this announcement from MindArk about the subject.

My money's on six weeks. It's what happened with the "abduction" issue.

The update from support so far is that its up to management and the "planet partner Calypso" to make the statement so support can't do any more or give a timescale.

I guess it is out of supports hands, which is fair enough. But surely that means that someone else is in charge of this now.

So if support can no longer help, is there a different place to contact? Or just have to wait and see, and judge the response or lack of in due time.

The update from support so far is that its up to management and the "planet partner Calypso" to make the statement so support can't do any more or give a timescale.
This is what I don't get. It's up to the planet partner? So the event took place on Calypso, but do the planet partners get to say what skills are gained in an event that it hosts? I don't for one minute believe that this is the case.

Surely it is solely up to the "management" to make the statement?

Another thing, if planet partners could decide to give skills in this manner then what is to stop the likes of Rocktropia, Cyrene, etc (who need a way to draw participants in to their planets), from doing the same to any skill/profession?

I think what Ulf was saying is that it's out of his hands and the responsibility to make a statement lies with the PP. Don't think he was saying they can decide to give out skills etc. Pretty sure the whole skills thing was an over sight.

This is what I don't get. It's up to the planet partner? So the event took place on Calypso, but do the planet partners get to say what skills are gained in an event that it hosts? I don't for one minute believe that this is the case.

Surely it is solely up to the "management" to make the statement?

Another thing, if planet partners could decide to give skills in this manner then what is to stop the likes of Rocktropia, Cyrene, etc (who need a way to draw participants in to their planets), from doing the same to any skill/profession?

Apparently, the same thing happened on Ark previously. The A-Team quickly found out and called a halt to the whole thing.

The A-Team were one of the primary contacts during the Caly event ( Since no MA officials were around). They said that they would be informing the responsible team immediately. Quite rightly so, as I am sure they lost a tonne of players and revenue due to the amount who went to caly that weekend. Not just the players who got stung. One had hoped that the A-Team would have got on the Bat phone to MA and the full thing halted, but I guess all they could do, like the rest of us, was inform.

Nobody who posted in this thread has shared (and most likely, knows) the true history that lead down to the Ark AOE event-mobs and finally the recent Calypso Hogglo Diablo affair.

It all started over a year ago with Golems (Red Molten Golem, Lava Infused Golem) on Cyrene, in the PvP area. Golems have unusually high burn damage (total dmg ~170 and ~190 respectively, most of it pure burn).
As a result it's virtually impossible for a single player to hunt those mobs - even the best armors/plates combination will not protect you enough, no matter how high your dps or how much HP you have, the mob will kill you before you can take it down.
Additionally, Golem regen rate is sufficient to ensure full regen by the time you respawn, heal up and jump back - to make sure revive-killing tactic won't work, obviously.

The damage type of those Golems is AOE (Area of Effect, meaning 1 player will receive 100% damage, 2 players 50% each, 3 players 33% each, etc). This way any one player, even the top skilled uber with the best possible gear (with the exception of maybe 10-15 players in EU) can't achieve alone what a group of noobs can do easily.

All this was an intentional design to (1) make people think out of the box and (2) team up. Who's interested can find a confirmation by a member of the Cyrene dev team on http://cyreneforum.com/

As we all know every new mob (and it's stats) have to be revived and approved by MA officials before they can be implemented by the PP's. Apparently MA didnt find any flaws in it, so they approved this plan without any objections.

So far so good.

There was one catch, however, one way to cheat the whole setup and make it possible for a single player to kill the Golems. Maybe the guy who told me this trick back then was the original author of the idea, or maybe there was someone before him, i'm not sure. The fact is, the method was kept in secret inside a very small circle of players for many months. This method is now widely known as "sleip-skilling". The principle is in fact very simple, all spawned vechicles inside AOE area will work as "virtual players" and soak up repective percentage of the total damage.

I'm not trying to accuse or defend anyone, i'm only trying to put things into perspective. Things like that are bound to happen in EU from time to time. In the system so vast and complex nobody can foresee all the possible combinations.
If the hindsight - it the effect was too serious it will be dealt with, skills and gains rerolled or compensated if necessary. If the effect wasn't considered serious enough we have often seen the opposite solution - features that benefited a chosen few will be made available to everyone.

The real question is, where runs the exact dividing line between serious and not serious, "fairly fair" and totally unfair? It's the question of pure math i believe, not emotions.

My 2 pecs :yup:

So we're nearly three weeks since the Hogglo event and still no promised statement from MindArk (unless the gibberish about "Gareth" put out earlier in the week counts).

By this time next week I should have received my automated inactivity email. No MindArk, I haven't forgotten my login and password. Nor have I mislaid my gold card...

I don't think they ever said they would make a statement. If I understand it correctly, they only said that if there was a statement, it would be made by the planet partner, not by Mindark.

Not making a statement is also a kind of statement... :wise: ...and maybe is what they choose..

...and the inactivity email has arrived. About four days earlier than I expected. :laugh:

C'mon, MindArk. Tell us what the craic is.

The principle is in fact very simple, all spawned vechicles inside AOE area will work as "virtual players" and soak up repective percentage of the total damage.

I'm not trying to accuse or defend anyone, i'm only trying to put things into perspective. Things like that are bound to happen in EU from time to time. In the system so vast and complex nobody can foresee all the possible combinations.
If the hindsight - it the effect was too serious it will be dealt with, skills and gains rerolled or compensated if necessary. If the effect wasn't considered serious enough we have often seen the opposite solution - features that benefited a chosen few will be made available to everyone.

The real question is, where runs the exact dividing line between serious and not serious, "fairly fair" and totally unfair? It's the question of pure math i believe, not emotions.

My 2 pecs :yup:

One way to fix it would be to block / ban vehicles from an area where an event is being held, being able to do this dynamically would help.

Ultimately though it comes down to who lost the most ped due to the action. From past experiences we've said bugs that cost the players ped get put at the bottom of the pile and the ones that hurt MA go to the top.

In this case vehicles were being decayed, players in the ships weren't hunting or mining, so MA and Calypso gained because players were generating them revenue. Will the skills gained by the players affect MA, probably not as they can adjust settings to compensate for it. We've probably only got one or two people working on Calypso at the moment so their eye is off the ball working on the next VU while the others have probably been moved over to working on Compets so it's not that surprising shit happened.

And yeah I'd agree that no statement / complete silence is the usual way MA handles this sort of thing. Two posts from the dev team in two months isn't great but we've had a lot worse in the past.

cw6/15 has not been forgotten - we shall mourn the lack of communication, the absence of an offical statement like suggested in support cases and we hope that the calypso advisors are enabled to make sure such an event that screws over the efforts of many longterm regular players wont happen again without early intervention.

There is still some players who stopped playing entropia universe waiting for an answer on the matter and reassurance that the time and effort they spent in this universe is not rendered 'worthless' again in the near future.

Back