Question: Explosive BP and the future

ProActive Mango

Stalker
How about removing Nanocubes from the blueprint and instead use shrapnell as an ingredient for this bp?
Or perhaps use 50-50% of both ingredients?
It would create a demand from crafters, melee users will be happy.. those who dont want to use shrapnell will all be happy.

Shrapnell is everywhere so there will not be a shortage.

Just an idea, what do you guys think?

I think to simplify gameplay even further we don't need all 3 professions at all.

We just need HOF Terminals, where you can come and drop PEDs in.

1. Upon "fail" you get, well... fail. Most of the time.
2. Upon "partial success" you get, well... partial success with 80%-95% from dropped PED back, and Mention in Chat Window as Global.
3. Upon "sucess" it's a success. You getting back 95% guaranteed amount of dropped PED in and Full Mention in Chat Window as Hall of Fame, with Big Swirlies.

During all this process you getting different skillgains, skillboosts and other fancy text lines in Chat Window.

This system is easily maintained as there is only one resource (PED) and only one game interface (HOF Terminal).

I think to simplify gameplay even further we don't need all 3 professions at all.

We just need HOF Terminals, where you can come and drop PEDs in.

1. Upon "fail" you get, well... fail. Most of the time.
2. Upon "partial success" you get, well... partial success with 80%-95% from dropped PED back, and Mention in Chat Window as Global.
3. Upon "sucess" it's a success. You getting back 95% guaranteed amount of dropped PED in and Full Mention in Chat Window as Hall of Fame, with Big Swirlies.

During all this process you getting different skillgains, skillboosts and other fancy text lines in Chat Window.

This system is easily maintained as there is only one resource (PED) and only one game interface (HOF Terminal).

Sounds like its back to the stone ages? MUD anyone? :laugh:

Oh no! not another explosive drama thread, what happened with the last one ?

The thing is all proffesions need a form of dynamic synergy, atm hunting is hurting.
Crafting needs to be more than explosive amp crafting.
Mining got a hit in MU in this, (welcome to hunting MU)

The focus should lie at the crafters.. (im a hunter) but i also understand the wheel must keep spinning and for that to happen crafters need some new bp with loot from hunting and mining 50-50% ingredients? not just one bp one ingredient.

i feel the need for a forth profession to make everything spin again. Something that need hunting,mining,crafting ingredients. This is where space comes into mind. Space should be a new frontier and a new profession.

Too many items in hunting,mining,crafting are hurting as it is today.

The thing is, that the fish is rotting from it's head.

have to agree it's so broken only a very drastic change would sort this out, you cant just add more BP's as where is the extra money coming from to cover all this Markup you want to see?

Only thing is to make the system work as it should IMO circular, all weapons amour all used consumables etc should ALL be crafted only none in loot. Only esi and rare equipment to drop in loot. Shrapnel, ammo etc in loot is shit and doesn't help anyone long term (put ped back in loot).

I love using mindforce for the simple reason it dont drop in loot

Also make vehicles decay when using them.. like real life vehicles.

Obviously none of the above will happen but thats my stance on it, also get rid of nanucubes and replace with resources

Sounds like its back to the stone ages? MUD anyone? :laugh:

The EU was never ahead of "normal" games. Never.

It was always behind SFX/GFX-wise, storyline, content and especially - Common Sense - wise, since when you start EU from "0" you will always get pure "WTF" behind all "activities", especially way of profit off game-mechanics.

The only one non-WTF factor was dumbest reselling.

It was always about RCE, and the very unique stuff, because only maybe SE had this.

Now we see how RCE ericsonned in all holes and from behind too.

call it the "hunting 101 fuckover"
* 101% shrapnels instead of MU in loot
* all maturities giving same loot
The thing is, that the fish is rotting from it's head.

Upon the introduction of shrapnel hunting and breaking even/profiting was possible, eye oil markup soared to 120%, same with muscle. Paint and hides also went up, the. EP bps were introduced and hunting markup went back to normal, but now with 101% shrapnel, which means hunting is worse off now than it was before the rebalancing, and now mining is suffering, and crafting is equally as bad as it was before. Markup gives players an incentive to do a certain activity.. Without markup we might as well have HOF terminals like drew said. It's all very very bad.

MA would rather increase cost to play rather than introduce new players into the game to increase revenue.

We need a player-based referal system where players get 20-30% of that player's first deposit. Win-win for everyone.

The focus should lie at the crafters.. (im a hunter) but i also understand the wheel must keep spinning and for that to happen crafters need some new bp with loot from hunting and mining 50-50% ingredients? not just one bp one ingredient.

Be careful what you ask for. Perhaps if the ideas in this thread are made to happen probes will no longer be available in the TT machine, and refiners too. Both will need to be crafted. Same with regular ammo.

I do believe other uses for shrapnel may be a good idea, but not screwing up the blueprints that are already in game. L bps for explosives that use shrapnel might be a good idea. After all lots of other stuff has both an UL and L bp available.

Back