Is the thrill in hunting still there for you?

is the thrill still there for you?

• yes

Votes: 66 46.2%
  • no

Votes: 77 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Majstorex

Old Alpha
Hi people

How much fun is it for you to hunt, knowing you will at best, if youre lucky, hit a 300x multiplier?

Remember the days, when we had a 20k trox once a week, 5k argos, 15k allos... remember those days?

regards Maj

Last edited:
When you see 20k HOF's on big mobs, only producing shrapnel and ammo, yeah hunting is officially dead and long broken.

I still put this down to the players, causing items to be stupidly priced so MA can't introduce more or they will fuck the MU up, but hey just my opinion.

I use to grind Argo back in the day they use to hit for 8k, since that changed I have not hunted one since.

I mean I stopped hunting because I never had good loot and I would end up with a load of TT crap. I can't go to bigger mobs because my balance won't let me, so I am stuck hunting the same shit.

Why I started to mine, but now I am so bored of mining. I pirated a bit, that was fun, but thta got dull. Now I have quit, just trolling the forums until something good happens in the game, then I may come back to test it out.

Yes, since im no big tt ath gambler, its still fun.

And we see bigger than 300 x multi quite often, just not on small mobs.

When someone hit a 8k argo, 8000 other argonauts had to contain no loot, want that back?

It would be nice to see some 20k mobs and even the odd 100k mob a few times a year.

Yes, since im no big tt ath gambler, its still fun.

And we see bigger than 300 x multi quite often, just not on small mobs.

When someone hit a 8k argo, 8000 other argonauts had to contain no loot, want that back?

Yes id prefer that back, since I still get the same loot swings as I used to when there were still 5000x multipliers in hunting. Ive lowered my hunting style quite a bit, only doing small mobs up to 1,5 peds, yet still I manage to get 4,5 or even 6 consecutive runs with 50-60% return, and when that one positive run comes, it doesnt even out the losses of the previous few runs.

Youre correct about the 300x multiplier, there are a couple of 400-500 multipliers dropped per month, you can count them on 1 hand.

Reactions: das
clean your lenses, 1-4k hofs are happening quite often (seems just as often as once 10k were, bit questionable if you ask me)
as for the thread question, removing MU from hunting loot has taken all the thrill out of it indeed
well players wanted the 100k loots removed, so we would see more 1k loots, but where are those 1k loots, im not seeing them

voted no cost the same to play and big multiplier gone

Nope. Long gone same as me making depo's. With all the changes I just cant find a reason to hit the depo button in over half a year now.

Grinding troxes at the moment... And it used to be funnier.

If I am lucky I will hit a 1k hof or so; max. No items in loot except no-MU electro chips. Nothing interesting at all. Quite boring; feeling like I am trying to beat the house.

I have voted no because....

1. MA has worked hard to remove all MU on loot.

2. MA has worked hard to remove all value on items.

3. MA has worked hard to remove all value on skills.

4. Now a new e Era started with that one should not have the money in circulation with that you have to buy what you need from other avatars loot but from MA directly " it can be seen now with the explosive bps " This means that the economy is broken up because the money does not circulate among the players without going directly to the MA and profits to the players goes directly from us and not from MA.

To summarize ... The future is a loss and the past is set to have no value.:wise:

I remember 5k and 10k argos happen few times a week, often within sight (I literally lived on the north Twins pasture pre-vu10), but personally never had even 1k even though I did grind solely argos for 3+ years for like 30 hours a week. So I couldn't care less for multipliers or special loot or whatever, I just like the process. And the process is still the same, and I still like it.

A thrill? Dunno. It's... relaxing :)

Just finished reading this thread, went back to the game and saw a 25k primodial longu prowler.

Not sure if they are considered higher level, but it seemed like a nice one.

clean your lenses, 1-4k hofs are happening quite often (seems just as often as once 10k were, bit questionable if you ask me)

ofc they happen, on mobs that cost 10+ peds to kill, yet still the multiplier is about x300.

Would it be too hard for MA to implement different risk factors on a mob?
I mean, why cant we have regular mobs in game that have a chance to drop all those high multipliers even up to x10k, and other mobs with highest multiplier set to x100.
You could set different risk factors for each mob, give people some variety, those who like to hunt with steady returns, would get to choose a mob to their liking, others with a higher thrill need would go for a more risky mob.

not much fun anymore...more like boring work...

there were times i enjoyed going on hunting/mining trip..you never knew what happened, i hit 2.7k argo scout or 400 ped argo young, that kept me highly motivated..or somthing like my 7k planetside oil tower unamped...
even if i knew it was unlikely to find sth like this again the hope still remained..now i just know this won't happen anymore..

now it is more like, ok this ore is good or that mob could drop mu, buy ammo weapons or probes for longer run and be bored after 45 min but have to continue else you can't get good stack to sell..
and end with 70% return in the end...without anything cool dropped or happened..
and you think..hm why did i do that, i just shouldn't have spend those ped..
and log off with bad feeling..

Last edited:
Just finished reading this thread, went back to the game and saw a 25k primodial longu prowler.

Not sure if they are considered higher level, but it seemed like a nice one.

well ill be damned, 3k multiplier, I guess someone had to prove me me wrong, looks like MA is reading forums

Hi people

How much fun is it for you to hunt, knowing you will at best, if youre lucky, hit a 300x multiplier?

Remember the days, when we had a 20k trox once a week, 5k argos, 15k allos... remember those days?

regards Maj

For me when they added the 20k+ every few days under the excuse to allow high level L stuff to drop was when EU started to take the downward slide. 20k was probably once a year, even 10k was rare.

Hell I loved a 100ped from a daikiba as it often went straight into upgrading gear, clothing or worked it's way back into loot through hunting. Looting my own gear from mobs by grinding for a week was an achievement but then that meant only killing a couple of thousand at most.

When they removed / massively reduced the items from loot because they've made everything a grinding mob didn't kill it completely but when MA finally nerfed the loot system to remove decent level loot from low level mobs as even 100ped was good enough to give a slight buzz but now all we get is the same boring crap every run.

Part of the problem is that they're encouraging grinding with all the missions (people probably getting sick of this from me) but it's really screwing EU up.

there were times i enjoyed going on hunting/mining trip..you never knew what happened, i hit 2.7k argo scout or 400 ped argo young, that kept me highly motivated..or somthing like my 7k planetside oil tower unamped...
even if i knew it was unlikely to find sth like this again the hope still remained..now i just know this won't happen anymore..

now it is more like, ok this ore is good or that mob could drop mu, buy ammo weapons or probes for longer run and be bored after 45 min but have to continue else you can't get good stack to sell..
and end with 70% return in the end...without anything cool dropped or happened..
and you think..hm why did i do that, i just shouldn't have spend those ped..
and log off with bad feeling..

I feel the same! fun is gone, except you depo hugh amounts to be able to hunt the fat mobs. But eco hunt is death, about too boring.

I feel you mate, yup I miss the uber hofs on small mobs too. Those hofs were literally game changing... you just hunted small mob till you hoffed and then moved up. Now it's just a grind with no thrill. And don't tell me you have better TT return now... that's bullshit. When I was noob I profited on merps on TT return back in 2009 and still hit 597 hof on top of that. Same happened later when i grinded mobs at Aloode, I was pretty much at 100% TT return, selling muscle oil for 110%, then boom 2200 ped exarosaur old with 2k ped muscle in it.
That can't happen now.
My last hunting hof was Feffoid Bandit 779 PED Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:22:58 and that was 270 globals ago.
It's quite sad to be level 57 laser sniper hit / 56 dmg / 54 pistoleer with just 3 hunting hofs on my account. But I'm still moving on, grinding my way up :)

I have voted no because....

1. MA has worked hard to remove all MU on loot.

2. MA has worked hard to remove all value on items.

3. MA has worked hard to remove all value on skills.

4. Now a new e Era started with that one should not have the money in circulation with that you have to buy what you need from other avatars loot but from MA directly " it can be seen now with the explosive bps " This means that the economy is broken up because the money does not circulate among the players without going directly to the MA and profits to the players goes directly from us and not from MA.

To summarize ... The future is a loss and the past is set to have no value.:wise:

This is a reflection of MA taking the easy way out of expanding their business and their bottom line.. Instead of putting in the effort to bring new depositing players into the game they've found it easier to increase the rate at which the current playerbase deposits, by removing markup on loot, introducing TT crap, and introducing crap shared loot events where noobs can get a piece of uber-mob loots, which voids the need to skill up.

In other words, MA needs to remove their heads from new CEO's arse and start to think: "What made EU so fun in its prime?" and do that again.

:yup::yup:

In other words, MA needs to remove their heads from new CEO's arse and start to think: "What made EU so fun in its prime?" and do that again.

I've got a feeling that many players just wouldn't accept the change. Would the post vu10 players be willing to accept the EU many of us started in. My involvement with EU began nine years ago which started with leaving the shuttle, getting stuck at outpost with no weapon or armour (no freebies), sweating for a week to get 50ped at 1.4pec/bottle and then thinking sod this and depositing from then on.

EU's prime, if you count it as player numbers, was in vu8/9 around the time of the addition of CND. Back then we could loot our own gear, our skill levels took an age to go up and it was either the tt weapons at 10/10 or use inefficient ones - no L sib. You could finish off an atrox solo with an opalo and if you got the team organised a spider using enknuckle-a's. We made our own missions and didn't rely on people telling us what to do (most of the time as we still had events occasionally not once a week as we seem to have now).

Strange thing is MA made more money back then than they do now.

But the biggest problem they've got is that the team behind EU back then no longer work for MA, they got sold down the river when MA failed to sell off Calypso they grabbed the planet back but not the people who made it what it was.

Last edited:
voted yes! :yay:

I always have a list of goals when it comes to hunting, and when I accomplish them, I set a higher goal...

the thrill for me is reaching new heights! :yup:

(HoFs are nice too, I like those)

Nowadays i dont have alot of time to play EU, i only can play 1 day a week almost all day long. For mei wouldnt do anything else than hunting. my hunting spot is only treasure island. I love it and all mobs for me are fun. Im loving the globster right now because it doesnt loots all kinds of bullshit. Only kidney oils and shrapnel. Thats all i need. Dont have time to stack up and trade all that crap.

Was long time ago i did see a argo 10k or atrox 10k like it was almost everyday some years ago :scratch2:

This is a reflection of MA taking the easy way out of expanding their business and their bottom line.. Instead of putting in the effort to bring new depositing players into the game they've found it easier to increase the rate at which the current playerbase deposits, by removing markup on loot, introducing TT crap, and introducing crap shared loot events where noobs can get a piece of uber-mob loots, which voids the need to skill up.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Don't most of the hunting logs show a pretty consistent return of >90%. With these consistent returns the rate of deposits should decrease because you're less likely to go on a really terrible streak.

Funny how the people who say the thrill is gone don't seem to remember the days of 30% returns.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?62370-30-returns

I'm not sure I agree with this. Don't most of the hunting logs show a pretty consistent return of >90%. With these consistent returns the rate of deposits should decrease because you're less likely to go on a really terrible streak.

Funny how the people who say the thrill is gone don't seem to remember the days of 30% returns.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?62370-30-returns

In the days of 30% returns there was markup which enabled a lot of people to continue hunting, and people still complain about sub-50% returns, usually the ones doing something wrong, so I would believe there is little truth to these 30% returns.. even then with markups being 130-150% outside of just looting peds, at least some of those garbage returns could be mitigated, and in the long run, possibly profiting.

Markup = incentives and hopefulness. no markup = constant fuck up grind fest for TT-trash (but consistent returns).. :wise:

MU is gone, thrill is gone. Sure, I hit some nice ubers hunting with my brother in team, solo ubers seem harder to come by. The problem is, i skilled up to my current level over the years based on how the loot was given out when i started. If i knew it was going to be more boring in the future with less multipliers given out, i would never have done so.

Argos used to piss me off to no end :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=263255&catid=member&imageuser=37517

I answered "no" for a totally different reason:

Reason I hunt is for items, and that seems really tough.

I could make use of a 52k HOF; dunno what to hunt though that I can manage at my level after the rebalances (that is, higher damage for high HP mobs). And the 52 HOF i only need like now lol.

I couldn't disagree with this thread more. To me it sounds like a bunch of hof-mongering gamblers going "boohoohoo, I don't get big giant loots anymore".

I have NEVER HoFed hunting. It doesn't bother me, I find that loot is good enough lately that with some careful planning, I can easily support my own play on the money that I have already deposited. This is because I DO NOT GRIND FOR HoFs. I am not a gambler, I hunt small and eco and grind for MU. You will never see me hunting the giant sucker mobs (except maybe at an event), you will never see me running 1k clicks of EP, and you will never see me amp-mining in Hell. HoFs are the bait for the pedtrap, not the primary source of return in this game.

Hunting is better than ever, with more diversity and eco options. I think that after years of kowtowing to the Hof-grinders (who as demonstrated are quite a vocal pack of whiners) and boring, repetitive grinding we're finally getting some fun back into hunting.

In short, nobody cares about your HoF (or lack thereof) and the game goes on without you.

Back