Has EU gotten Cheaper to Play?

• Yes

Votes: 58 41.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 58.9%

• Total voters
Puny mobs, SIB and mission rewards.

Yes, it has gotten cheaper to play.

All the while MA also added ways of playing on a more expensive level. But that's not the point. No one is forced to play at that level. "High end" back in the days was pretty much killing atrox old alphas (used to be toughest one) and araneatrox. That's hardly high end today, and keep in mind an atrox stalker today is way stronger than an old alpha from way back.

Didn't think about mission rewards, SIB; so yes i guess EU has become less expensive in those terms.

Also smoothing of hunting loot returns means less turnover required to achieve decent return %.

This thread is not in noob section so i suppose question is towards long term players who do not hunt only punyes.
During long years we have seen many skill gain nerfs and other nerfs - many confirmed by MA, some newer - like avatar abilityes and his skill effects.
Today you never miss a mob but in past mob never evaded attack so you perforn today same as in past when you had only 2k rifle.
But those things is hard to prove - like that my evade is less effective now as in past or my regeneration is way less then in past or my run sped is 50% of what we had as a noobs on start ...
But some things are still visible and measurable - MA did changes on mobs hp amount and mob hp regeneration and environment.
Good (top) weapons, armors and other gear do not drop from normal mobs but only during some events when MA decide it so chance to advance with your gear is less or more expensive.
Cost to kill one mob using same weapon as in past( number of shoots, ammo used, decay and time needed to kill it) is not the same as in past.

This thread is not in noob section so i suppose question is towards long term players who do not hunt only punyes.
During long years we have seen many skill gain nerfs and other nerfs - many confirmed by MA, some newer - like avatar abilityes and his skill effects.
Today you never miss a mob but in past mob never evaded attack so you perforn today same as in past when you had only 2k rifle.
But those things is hard to prove - like that my evade is less effective now as in past or my regeneration is way less then in past or my run sped is 50% of what we had as a noobs on start ...
But some things are still visible and measurable - MA did changes on mobs hp amount and mob hp regeneration and environment.
Good (top) weapons, armors and other gear do not drop from normal mobs but only during some events when MA decide it so chance to advance with your gear is less or more expensive.
Cost to kill one mob using same weapon as in past( number of shoots, ammo used, decay and time needed to kill it) is not the same as in past.

You have to think beyond the basic model Dan.

I am afraid your time and effort is wasted.

Dan talked about clear Hunter's nerfs that are noticeble
I havent been around nowhere near as long as he has, and i notice soem stuff like the running speed
I'd need like 50 agility to start outrunning some mobs, that's a thing i'll not forget how fun it was to be able to outrun the vicious things tha taunted me in the past.
Atm even a daikiba will outrun you,
I've got 104 agility, a guy with 52 agility with the 8% armor outruns me easilly, and before even 5 agility gap would be a huge matter in avatar's running speed.

And no offense, but after reading your post the way you said it, its kinda the typical user in PCF, rants and talks without experimenting, same as that pvp post there is(not saying its you there tho)
i looked at your tracker and last you globaled was Sat, 06 Apr 2013 16:35:52, nearly 2 years ago.
You realllly want to talk that much how much game has changed? because over 2 years it changed a lot, let alone the 7 years i play now

Last edited:
It seems to me that completing a 5k mission on lvl 23-25 mob with lvl-50-evade-avatar is now a little bit cheaper than it was about a year ago.
Some of my friends have said the same.
I'm too lazy for the logs and math thou. Time frame is too short also coz in EU u can have a - or + period that lasts for several months.

Last edited:

I cant because i dont have info - there are some questions that need answer.

From 500k players and no any investors we are now at 50k players.
From nowdays hardly active 50k players wich is probably half of that we have aprox 25% investors who want taxes, fees, dividends, La's income, trading profits, transport services ...
And when players say that is cheaper now then first question that pop up is who pay servers costs and developers if we are 10 times less as in past and we have a lot of take outers like planet partners, LA's owners, motherships services, CLD owners, traders and resellers ect.
That is just one of many questions.
Maybe seccond question would be - did MA forgot somethintg after so many years of improwing new players retention...

Last edited:
I'm not one of those "older players" but over the last 1.5 years or so, it seems the overall trend is - it's becoming cheaper to grind but more expensive to play (as in 'play a game').

Back