Info: Space Exploit - nolooters in space

Gewitter

Elite
Society
Deep Core Mining
Andrey Andy Russian
Hello!

Recently, in the topic of space are interested more and more players. Therefore, I simply publish the content of SC, which I sent today.

History for support case 298018:

Hello!

Today I was killed and robbed a little by pirate near Calypso, and that gave me the idea to do a test. The test was a success, and is 100% undermines faith in justice in this game. I decided to test the bug, which, as I understand it, exists for a long time, and gives people in lootable PvP, the ability to not give loot if they was killed by someone. Space - is a PvP area, and killed pilot should be robbed, and this is a rule. But if over 50 percent of the health of the pilot will be destroyed by any mob, and if pilot stops or reduce its natural regeneration through the Thorifoid's Berserker Helmet, then loot of the killed player with the remainder less than 50% of health will not go to the murderer (will be a nolooter). The game is a lot of injustice, and I'm not advocating piracy, I also do not like them, like many other players. Today, however, I conducted an experiment: I wore a Thorifoid Berserker's helm and went to the place where live Oro (Planet Arkadia). They began to attack me. I wait when the level of health of my character became about 30%, then I jumped in my Equus with the loot 5 ped in inventory, and go into space, and asked one of the pirates are there to kill me. Pirate destroyed my ship, and then killed me. My loot stayed with me, he did not get one. I gave pirate 5 Ped as his legitimate prey, because the use of an exploit would be wrong. I think it is absolutely unfair. I ask you to fix it immediately, together with the Quad speed exploit described here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-me-in-bed!&p=3342880&viewfull=1#post3342880

I will publish this information on the Planet Calypso Forum to inform all players about this problem, because to hide such information would be unfair and wrong.

With best regards
Andy

It was good SC, you think?
Nothing personal, I just want to play in a fair game...
I would not recommend it to those who use it, continue to do so, SC already sent

Lets start a barrage of shit!

I want my money back...

Interesting so basically if you have below 50% health and go into any lootable even planetside you won't lose your loot? Or in planet side you'll only lose the toxic shot?

Hmmm interesting indeed. :lolup:

If the answer is same as one i had about exploits/bugs it will be...

"I'm sorry but we at support cannot comment on this at the moment, ...... blah,blah,blah..."

"Thank you for reporting and good luck in game"

Support case closed

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Decided now to not bother in future reporting stuff, maybe they worked on already for space update... if so then i will re-assess if is worth the keyboard decay.

To be fair on support though not their fault, their hands are tied. Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
If the answer is same as one i had about exploits/bugs it will be...

"I'm sorry but we at support cannot comment on this at the moment, ...... blah,blah,blah..."

"Thank you for reporting and good luck in game"

Support case closed

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Decided now to not bother in future reporting stuff, maybe they worked on already for space update... if so then i will re-assess if is worth the keyboard decay.

In this case, I think that all have the right to use it and I'll use it by myself.

In this case, I think that all have the right to use it and I'll use it by myself.

I reported the map speed hack, and is answer i got which made me chuckle.

The health one has been around a while afaik, and used to be used in pvp 4. Not sure if been fixed there though never tried to use it.

Thanks for heads up on this in space though, i guess a bad time for pirates in near future.

thx for the info.. i will be using this from this on.. coz like we know pvp exploiters never get punished..

thx for the info.. i will be using this from this on.. coz like we know pvp exploiters never get punished..

If everyone would use it, MA will have to do something. So I not only sent the SC, but also has published information here.

Pffft old news :silly2:

I have known of this for quite a while, but not felt like bringing it up in public. Reason for this is simple: Show an exploit that is beneficial to individual players and 95% of the playerbase will be there exploiting..............:dunce:

MA is not losing money on this, so they will not fix it. I reported a way to secure loot on any lootable pvp, or even transport loot from planet to planet instantly at no cost, and my ticket got closed after a copy-paste. They don't care, they wont fix it, so maybe the best thing to do is to just abuse it.

Hogglo Diablo all over again. Nice morale guys :yup:

Hello!

Recently, in the topic of space are interested more and more players. Therefore, I simply publish the content of SC, which I sent today.

I would not recommend it to those who use it, continue to do so, SC already sent

+rep

Thank you for letting everyone know. Really. Now everyone who want to retaliate to know they are fucked nonetheless by others using this bug, without the possibility to recover their items or to have a fair gameplay.

Pffft old news :silly2:

I have known of this for quite a while, but not felt like bringing it up in public. Reason for this is simple: Show an exploit that is beneficial to individual players and 95% of the playerbase will be there exploiting..............:dunce:

Without reporting to support immediately after you find it, i don't think how not everyone knowing to be careful about it is less of a problem than all 95% of the playerbase to use it is worst. Not to mention the WORST for only some to use it gaining unfair advantage over others by using a not intended gameplay mechanic.

It works.

Thats why everyone in pvp4 has funny hats.

I know worked an age ago, guess still does then... not been in pvp 4 since mu on bloodmoss tanked. Never used myself, but know others used to - to me my account worth more than possible gains - guess i'm just naive.

+rep

Thank you for letting everyone know. Really. Now everyone who want to retaliate to know they are fucked nonetheless by others using this bug, without the possibility to recover their items or to have a fair gameplay.

Without reporting to support immediately after you find it, i don't think how not everyone knowing to be careful about it is less of a problem than all 95% of the playerbase to use it is worst. Not to mention the WORST for only some to use it gaining unfair advantage over others by using a not intended gameplay mechanic.

Support knows. :yup:

However, with only a few exploiting and going hush-hush the helmets won't skyrocket in MU and transport services be put out of business, and people doing it wrong losing their beloved stackables won't cry on PCF.

I see more negative impacts of people knowing this than positive.

Hello!

Indeed serious issue here. I wondewr how MA will solve that and I am very eager to see what MA will answer you.
I like your way of performing tests...especialy giving a Pirate 5 ped to avoid being banned for using exploit :D

How to avoid MS fees

Put on your Thorifoid Berserker's helm which slows down regeneration, let a mob attack you until 30% health, jump in quad and go into space. If shot down you cannot be looted because the mob did more than 50% damage to you. Happy flying....

This was tested by me and a Equus owner Today and he posted it in another thread or I obviously would not be posting it. The MS owners need to complain about this one. I know people have been using this on me for years and Ive lost who knows how much ped. If it continues to be used pirates will lose interest in space. Some would find this great but I ask the MS owners this; If there is no risk of losing loot in space and not even any harassment in space how many will still use your service?

To be honest i start to get tired by these Space threads. Thread 1 pirates use exploits to ... Thread 2 PVP exploit to ....
Somehow that reminds me to kindergarten:

Andy: Benny said a bad word to me.
Benny: But Andy started, he said it first
Andy: Benny is stupid i won't play anymore with him
Benny: Andy is hundered times more stupid
Andy: No
Benny: Yes

Somehow all these space threads or let's say PVP threads in general tend to be on that level. Same for threads that bring up possible or actual exploits in PVP / space.

I can't count anymore how much drama threads regarding all kind of pvp issues arose. Beside that i am puzzled why a second thread needs to appear with exactly the same topic when another one was created just an hour ago. To create more drama around an already existant drama ?

Support knows. :yup:

However, with only a few exploiting and going hush-hush the helmets won't skyrocket in MU and transport services be put out of business, and people doing it wrong losing their beloved stackables won't cry on PCF.

I see more negative impacts of people knowing this than positive.

I understand your point of view. But to me, it is the same as Mining with VTOL's and i remember someone got banned(not giving name, you can search on pcf) for using it for a period of time, and to promise he will never do it again. Or, the same as trapping a mob in a hole or in any other form. Either towards MA or players, in our case, gaining unfair advantage over other players by using a mechanic quirk, although we do not know for certain that it is "not an unintended mechanic", until we get a clear response, why not everyone to be careful, regarding *economy* consequences(hats go up in price, ppl are more careful, etc.).

I think lootable PVP is amazing, calling people pirates or not is an ethical question. But using an *unknown* advantage towards everyone without even realizing it, not so much, or maybe it is if it was intended, you know,
"find the EU by yourself or with others".

Either way, i think OP did a good job by sending support case asking if this is alright or not and also letting everyone know.

To be honest i start to get tired by these Space threads. Thread 1 pirates use exploits to ... Thread 2 PVP exploit to ....
Somehow that reminds me to kindergarten:

Andy: Benny said a bad word to me.
Benny: But Andy started, he said it first
Andy: Benny is stupid i won't play anymore with him
Benny: Andy is hundered times more stupid

Somehow all these space threads or let's say PVP threads in general tend to be on that level. Same for threads that bring up possible or actual exploits in PVP / space.

I can't count anymore how much drama threads regarding all kind of pvp issues arose.

The answer is to close exploits/bugs, but some have been there so long people bring up on forums to level field.

Nothing wrong with highlighting bugs etc, but yes sometimes becomes a bitch-fest.

Lets face it though pvp/space is a mess at moment, so many holes doesn't hold water.

I understand your point of view. But to me, it is the same as Mining with VTOL's and i remember someone got banned(not giving name, you can search on pcf) for using it for a period of time, and to promise he will never do it again. Or, the same as trapping a mob in a hole or in any other form. Either towards MA or players, in our case, gaining unfair advantage over other players by using a mechanic quirk, although we do not know for certain that it is "not an unintended mechanic", until we get a clear response, why not everyone to be careful, regarding *economy* consequences(hats go up in price, ppl are more careful, etc.).

I think lootable PVP is amazing, calling people pirates or not is an ethical question. But using an *unknown* advantage towards everyone without even realizing it, not so much, or maybe it is if it was intended, you know,
"find the EU by yourself or with others".

Either way, i think OP did a good job by sending support case asking if this is alright or not and also letting everyone know.

Agreed that SC was good.

However, now that everyone knows, I think EVERYONE should send a support case.

It maybe too late for those who used exploit for a long time.

Well, my point is the following;

Support couldn't care less about this bug, or other bugs I and others with me reported. However, if there is a constant flood of incoming support cases regarding a specific matter, it might be more time efficient to:

if (regen!=100)
{ maynotenter();
}

Not saying it is that simple, but there are a hundred workarounds that could be implemented to solve the issue to some extent. Just acknowledging it would be a good start.

Imagine Ulf reading this looking for the nearest tree to hang himself from

I will retract the statement the day I get a 10k hof of basic combustors....*hint*:dunce::yup:

Edit: Come on, I said 10k, not 330!

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard of this one too but never bothered getting a full-strength thorifoid - I just have a flimsy one. Many people use them to speed up repairing, but I did have the following thought once:

If I had a full helmet on while repairing and didn't take it off while piloting an MS, then sometimes the bugged damage I sometimes get when jumping from the seat again might protect me from pirates unintentionally too. So I'd have to actively take measures to unprotect myself again because of two bugs working together :eyecrazy:!

Given how little MA closes off known stuff, or they reappear again several vus down the line (safely sweating weeds that have become immobile again on Cyrene springs to mind), I'm glad that the topic of 'unintended consequencies' is high on the forums again right now.

The truth is: Lootable Space PvP is not lootable now for all who want to use this exploit.
The truth is: Berserker's helmets cannot be easily fixed because there is too many ways to go in space without helmet, but with HP, close to zero, and avoid pirate camps with carried loot before your regeneration will gain your health to 50 or 51%.
This exploit is just a final of full concept of lootable PvP in Space. Tricks like mod fap cannot be used in Space.
MA must re-design concept of loot distribution from mobs and players, and it is a big head pain for them.
But I hope, that with fixing this bug or exploit, they fix also speed cheat, used with pressing Map button in space.

I hope to recieve an adequate response to my questions

It is strange that people like ToS pilots are silent. If this bug will be not corrected, they are deprived of almost all customers on the safe transportation. The last time when we discussed the topic of space and skills, they are very actively involved and was very indignant.

Last edited:
Very tempting to use this. I don't use exploits, so I won't, but it would certainly save some ped.

It's unfortunate that with MA not fixing this, they are allowing the exploiters to save money.

Back