Question: Where is latest CLD audit ?

shoti

Deactivated Account
Anyone know where can I find Audited Calypso Land Deeds Revenue June - December 2013, and January - June 2014? That one PwC is doing usualy, and MA stated they will be doing each 6 months.

I passed through all possible places ontheir site but all i can find is old one January - June 2013.
I think I miss something maybe. Anyone can point me with link in right direction ??

Thx in advance.

So almost month later thanks to unknown MA empolyee mystery is solved. There is no CLD audit, but there is another broken promise and suspicion that CLD numbers may not be what they seems :)

So almost month later thanks to unknown MA empolyee mystery is solved. There is no CLD audit, but there is another broken promise and suspicion that CLD numbers may not be what they seems :)

Source? Where did you get that information?

Anyone know where can I find Audited Calypso Land Deeds Revenue June - December 2013, and January - June 2014? That one PwC is doing usualy, and MA stated they will be doing each 6 months.

I passed through all possible places ontheir site but all i can find is old one January - June 2013.
I think I miss something maybe. Anyone can point me with link in right direction ??

Thx in advance.

Guess you missed this one: http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2014/07/02/8909/DeedRevenueSharingQ3-4Year2013.pdf

Last year, the Jan-Jun one came out in mid March, so it's not really all that much later this year yet.
As it's a not a RL compulsory financial disclosure requirement with a fixed deadline (like say a company tax return), the auditors probably don't see it as time-critical and do it when it fits in their workload.
A few weeks delay is nothing to panic over, or spread mis-information about.

Last edited:
Guess you missed this one: http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2014/07/02/8909/DeedRevenueSharingQ3-4Year2013.pdf

Last year, the Jan-Jun one came out in mid March, so it's not really all that much later this year yet.
As it's a not a RL compulsory financial disclosure requirement with a fixed deadline (like say a company tax return), the auditors probably don't see it as time-critical and do it when it fits in their workload.
A few weeks delay is nothing to panic over, or spread mis-information about.

Still though, its already April 2015...so a 1 year and 1 Q "lag-behind" is kind of a bit slow don't you think? ;)

Still though, its already April 2015...so a 1 year and 1 Q "lag-behind" is kind of a bit slow don't you think? ;)

Not for accountants & auditors.

Maybe thats one of new CEO's decision. Cease PwC audits in order to cut costs.

Anyway first one was as MA promised, half year later. Streching that for over year is good tactic to make ppl eventualy don't care about it. What is purpose in over year old audit data ?

It's not anual report You need prepare with tonnes of data. If latest audits were here almost year faster than latest ones it's possible they are not made anymore or MA is doing them right now. Support can't provide any answer on that matter for few weeks as well.

Let's hope MA is reading forum and do something about it.

I don't understand why it matters so much to you Shoti ?

We have a CLD excel sheet, and there is everything you need to see into it.

If it's about broken promises, it's not like it's something new, but in that case, apart of "broken promise" and late "audit" , what's the problem ?

It's not like there is any importants datas missing...

I've got some idea of the workload cycle and scheduling of accountants and auditors in Australia, given that I spent some years working in that industry.

In Australia, the 'quiet time' - the pause for breath between meeting statutory lodgement dates in one financial year and preparing for the onslaught of the next financial year - is a few short weeks in April/May.
And that when staff catch up on stuff that doesn't have a fixed statutory deadline to meet.

Australia's fiscal year runs from 1July to 30June. I understand in Sweden it's 1January to 31December for individuals, and possibly that or one of several other options for business (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year#Sweden), which naturally will influence the timing of the workload scheduling of auditors.

In my experience, it is the auditor (ie PwC) that determines the date the audit will be carried out and report returned, not the client.

May 4th is the deadline to file your individual tax return here in Sweden so probably mid to late May we will see an audit, doubt they will get around to it in the middle of tax season as Serica pointed out.

Regards
Zweshi

I don't understand why it matters so much to you Shoti ?

[...]

It's one of CLD's features promised years ago during initial anouncement. No land claims, no voting, no political system and citizenship. This is another CLD feature wchich is "not yet here" or "already gone".
I think if we have to see to MA to get promised things implemeted every time or not reacting when they are taking things out, it is simple signal to MA that they can promise everything ant not keep it later.
Losing players confidence is starting with "details" like this.

Secondly not publishing it is bringing suspicions that not all due to CLD owners money were distributed. Our excel sheet says only that this week it was 4 peds and that week 5 peds. PwC audit says that this 4 and 5 ped not supose to be 40 or 50 ped for example. At least in theory.

It's one of CLD's features promised years ago during initial anouncement. No land claims, no voting, no political system and citizenship. This is another CLD feature wchich is "not yet here" or "already gone".
I think if we have to see to MA to get promised things implemeted every time or not reacting when they are taking things out, it is simple signal to MA that they can promise everything ant not keep it later.

Secondly not publishing it is bringing suspicions that not all due to CLD owners money were distributed. Our excel sheet says only that this week it was 4 peds and that week 5 peds. PwC audit says that this 4 and 5 ped not supose to be 40 or 50 ped for example. At least in theory.

I understand your concerns, in fact I hold CLDs as well so we are on the same side.

However in terms of the bigger picture for CLD holders, the implementation of the voting system and housing would bring a far greater gain for CLD holders than the actual return. At CLD's current price I don't think people are buying them purely on return anyway. (As you can easily invest in real life shares and get a better return than CLD)

Yea, so the point of the thread is really not about the "Audit".

I wanted to make this clear, thanks, nothing new to see I guess. :p.

And about suspicions.. You do know that they can create any number if they want to.. Audit or not.. so it's still meaningless to use this as argument (in my opinion of course).

I've got some idea of the workload cycle and scheduling of accountants and auditors in Australia, given that I spent some years working in that industry.

In Australia, the 'quiet time' - the pause for breath between meeting statutory lodgement dates in one financial year and preparing for the onslaught of the next financial year - is a few short weeks in April/May.
And that when staff catch up on stuff that doesn't have a fixed statutory deadline to meet.

Australia's fiscal year runs from 1July to 30June. I understand in Sweden it's 1January to 31December for individuals, and possibly that or one of several other options for business (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year#Sweden), which naturally will influence the timing of the workload scheduling of auditors.

Swedish companies can select when their 12 month financial years should start and end, but the big majority have the "normal" jan-dec year. But many smaller companies have other starting-ending month.

A Swedish company have 6 month from end of their financial year to provide an annual report and a tax statement for the year. MA often wait to the last month before they provide it. Some companies wait because they don't want to give await financial information to their competitors earlier then necessary.

My guess is that the "audit" of the CLD was done at the same time as the audit of the annual reports. I don't know if anyone else have notice it, but they have not publish any semi-annual report for jan-june 2014 either like they have done previous years, so It could be that because of that they don't have any numbers for the CLD either. Probably a connection between the two, at least my guess.

In my experience, it is the auditor (ie PwC) that determines the date the audit will be carried out and report returned, not the client.

I wish that was the case.... :silly2:
If you have a big client that want their annual report ready two month after the end of the year, you can't say... "No let's wait to april" because you would not have that client left next year in that case.

If you have a big client that want their annual report ready two month after the end of the year, you can't say... "No let's wait to april" because you would not have that client left next year in that case.

A little offtopic .. but for a firm the size of PwC, I doubt MindArk makes their 'top 20 most valued customer' list - even in Sweden.
IKEA? Certainly.
MindArk? Maybe not so much.

Annual reports (at least here in Australia) have a legislated lodgement date.
Lodging after that date attracts penalties - and as that then impacts on the accountant/auditors reputation they'll go a long way out of their way to avoid their clients paying penalties for late lodgement.

The CLD audit though is essentially an internal management report, not a statutory requirement.
No financial penalties apply -> no priority.
MindArk may be miffed that its not as 'timely' as it could be, but probably not enough to pull their business.
After all, it's a voluntary disclosure to players, not a legal requirement, nor even a real management need.
MindArk already know what the gross PP revenue & CLD payment is - this report is merely to independently verify it.

And yes, PwC would probably want to schedule it to be done together with some other work for MindArk, like a tax lodgement or annual return.

Yea, so the point of the thread is really not about the "Audit".

I wanted to make this clear, thanks, nothing new to see I guess. :p.

And about suspicions.. You do know that they can create any number if they want to.. Audit or not.. so it's still meaningless to use this as argument (in my opinion of course).

Of course it is possible, but from Mindark point of wiev is much easier trick players than auditor. I mean if MA say this week CLD revenue is just 1 ped you can do nothing about it but agree. In case of auditor like PwC it is their job to check that right?
You think it is possible to mislead auditors in such matters ? If yes then that whole PwC audit thingy is useless.

[...]

I wish that was the case.... :silly2:

Agree with serica on this. I doubt MA is anyhow important for giant like PwC. On the other hand if it was long term agreement giant like PwC won't alow himself for such delays. Something like audit on time is essential for such companies. And it has to be long term agreement unless MA planned do it only few times.

Agree with serica on this. I doubt MA is anyhow important for giant like PwC. On the other hand if it was long term agreement giant like PwC won't alow himself for such delays. Something like audit on time is essential for such companies. And it has to be long term agreement unless MA planned do it only few times.

You must understand the "gigant" Pws is broken down to countries and in each country further broken down in local offices, they have many offices in smaller Swedish cities. Each office have a bit of independence, so even if a company like MA is "tiny" on the big scale, it would one of the bigger clients on many of the local offices here in Sweden. MA is located in Göteborg, so they are probably not any of their bigger clients, because it's a big office/city. But with an annual fee over 200k SEK they would be one of the biggest clients on many smaller offices here in Sweden. If a client like MA say they want a speedy audit, they would get a speedy audit on most of the offices here in Sweden.

Anyway, it was not MA I meant, because they are more the opposite, they are waiting as long they can to post their report, it was a general point that it's hard to say no to important clients.

And yes, PwC would probably want to schedule it to be done together with some other work for MindArk, like a tax lodgement or annual return.

Yes, I agree, that's it why I think it a connection with annual-report/semi-annual reports, because they probably get's help with the semi-annual reports also. But this year they did not post any semi-annual report and I have not seen any "audited" numbers for jan-june 2014, so my suspicion was that PWC did not do any work connected to any semi-annual report and because of that did not do any "audit" of the CLD numbers.

Ah, I see perhaps why we have some variance in perception, billairboy.

MindArk's total company audit cost of 213.5kSEK for 2013 is only about 35kAUD.
And while that's certainly a respectable amount for a private company to be paying for auditing, it really doesn't seem all that high to me. A not-for-profit private association here would pay around 2kAUD audit fees. A small-medium family business might pay anywhere from 5k-20kAUD annually for accounting/audit fees, depending on the complexity of their arrangements.

In 2007, PwC earned around $158millAUD from 181 clients. (see P48 of link) - an average of 872kAUD per client. One might expect that average to be even higher by 2013.
So MindArk's fees still look comparatively low.

However, compare the number of PwC offices listed in Sweden (http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/office-locations/sweden.jhtml) with the number in Australia (http://www.pwc.com.au/contact-us/local-offices.htm).
A medium size client in say Townsville or Gold Coast would certainly be a bigger fish in a smaller pond than one of the same size in say Sydney or Melbourne. So I understand how you might see the possibility of MindArk being a 'bigger' client in a small office when PwC appears have many more 'small' offices in Sweden than they do in Australia.

We're getting just a teensy bit off topic here though :)

Comparing dates of release of CLD Audit reports and Annual/SemiAnnual reports, the CLD Audit seems to have always come out after the latter. So I guess it's possible that we still have some time to go, as - as you say - the Semi-Annual report for Q1&2 of 2014 has not yet been posted on the MindArk website.

Oh, and it's not due yet either: A limited company must file its annual report with Bolagsverket every year. If the financial year is 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014, the due date is Friday 31 July 2015.
(Source: http://www.bolagsverket.se/en/bus/b...-and-financial-years-limited-companies-1.8677)
Semi-annual reports appear to be published voluntarily, rather than as a statutory requirement.

Last edited:
lol... how did i miss this thread? I read few first posts before realising to look at the OP name and to discover it was Shoti and not Whining Sceptic thread.. (as all those unicorns as DP are very confusing for me).

Anyways... again i see tinfoil hat sky is falling thread by Shoti... Look at last few threads created by Shoti, they are all about the same thing, about MA cheating, MA lying, MA doing something Fishy...

You had/have quite a nice assets ingame, but suddenly you turned against MA? What happened? Owner of MA stole your gf?

Most of your threads could just be small letters to MA, as all questions are rather rhetorical and cant be answered by any other forum users.

I feel that you are bad for this game and its economy, by spreading wild conspricary theories, please stop posting BS threads with no facts in them whatsoever. You are a troll that could possibly lead away new players who decide to do little bit of research before depositing.
Yeah i know i have no right to say anything because i am noob trader who talks much and knows nothing about anything... but i love this game, and i recommend it to anyone i meet, as it really is unique.

Quit if you dont like it. Sell everything you got if you dont believe in it. You are a bad player.

lol... how did i miss this thread? I read few first posts before realising to look at the OP name and to discover it was Shoti and not Whining Sceptic thread.. (as all those unicorns as DP are very confusing for me).

Anyways... again i see tinfoil hat sky is falling thread by Shoti... Look at last few threads created by Shoti, they are all about the same thing, about MA cheating, MA lying, MA doing something Fishy...

+rep.

shoti, if u feel MA has wronged you that I can understand. However, your endless tirade about every bloody thing that MA does is stereotypical behavior of someone who is looking to criticize with malicious intent. MA have done a lot of good things in terms of the game and I do not recall any word of appreciation ever coming out of your mouth ( in this case fingers). If you can show me a couple instances where u have, I am ready to take back what i have said.

+rep.

shoti, if u feel MA has wronged you that I can understand. However, your endless tirade about every bloody thing that MA does is stereotypical behavior of someone who is looking to criticize with malicious intent. MA have done a lot of good things in terms of the game and I do not recall any word of appreciation ever coming out of your mouth ( in this case fingers). If you can show me a couple instances where u have, I am ready to take back what i have said.

I agree with this statement!:)

[...]
You had/have quite a nice assets ingame, but suddenly you turned against MA? What happened? Owner of MA stole your gf?

I looked through the eyes. Indeed I held in here one of best LA ingame, hundreds of CLD's and lot of precious gear. I never was lied so many times by single company like MA, never experienced so much disrespect for investor and never seen so many blind sheep folowers. Therefore just want save bit of suffering to newcomers not so aware of economical aspects of this game. Also not aware of MA attitude toward players and their money.

I feel that you are bad for this game and its economy, by spreading wild conspricary theories, please stop posting BS threads with no facts in them whatsoever. You are a troll that could possibly lead away new players who decide to do little bit of research before depositing.

Well, lack of promised CLD audit IS A FACT. Lack of promised CLD's features IS A FACT
It's not me who is bad for economy. It's Mindark and their treating of us like fools.
If my question where are CLD features or audit "lead away new players who decide to do little bit of research before depositing" it's not my fault. It's MA job to keep promises in order to prevent threads with questions like this.

Yeah i know i have no right to say anything because i am noob trader who talks much and knows nothing about anything... but i love this game, and i recommend it to anyone i meet, as it really is unique.

I was same. I dragged here few friends and girlfriend. But since MA become so neglecting, so petty, and I felt money are not safe here anymore I stopped recomend it.

Guys...you could ask via PM really, and focus on topic here. There are lot of positive things about MA i shared in the past. Full list of thread goes for Divinity PM to not making mess here. I must just admit here most of them is 2014 and earlier :p

Well the topic here is a hidden one and that is the one we question, your agenda :)

You have shared positive things when you had vested interest in EU/MA with LA and that. Now that the money is (assuming here) out of EU , you have turned to the dark side :). I would like to see some threads from recent past, not when u had investments in EU.

As for why I post here and not PM , I can ask you whether you have sent a support case for this or not, have u?? I would think this question should have been a support case if u really wanted to know and not create an unnecessary discussion on the forum.

Be clear about your objectives as I am pretty sure its not aimed at looking for the good of Entropians or EU as a whole.

We're getting just a teensy bit off topic here though :)

Comparing dates of release of CLD Audit reports and Annual/SemiAnnual reports, the CLD Audit seems to have always come out after the latter. So I guess it's possible that we still have some time to go, as - as you say - the Semi-Annual report for Q1&2 of 2014 has not yet been posted on the MindArk website.

Oh, and it's not due yet either: A limited company must file its annual report with Bolagsverket every year. If the financial year is 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014, the due date is Friday 31 July 2015.
(Source: http://www.bolagsverket.se/en/bus/b...-and-financial-years-limited-companies-1.8677)
Semi-annual reports appear to be published voluntarily, rather than as a statutory requirement.

Yeah, the business structure for the big audit firms looks a bit differently compared to the rest of the world hers in Sweden/Nordic countries with a lot of smaller companies as clients.

My guess is that MA want to save some money and energy and have decided not to do any semi annual-reports. I can understand them, why do something that cost a bit of money you don't have to and don't bring much benefits? But I don't really care about the audited numbers anyway, I trust that they are doing it correct.

I looked through the eyes. Indeed I held in here one of best LA ingame, hundreds of CLD's and lot of precious gear. I never was lied so many times by single company like MA, never experienced so much disrespect for investor and never seen so many blind sheep folowers. Therefore just want save bit of suffering to newcomers not so aware of economical aspects of this game. Also not aware of MA attitude toward players and their money.

Well, lack of promised CLD audit IS A FACT. Lack of promised CLD's features IS A FACT
It's not me who is bad for economy. It's Mindark and their treating of us like fools.
If my question where are CLD features or audit "lead away new players who decide to do little bit of research before depositing" it's not my fault. It's MA job to keep promises in order to prevent threads with questions like this.

I was same. I dragged here few friends and girlfriend. But since MA become so neglecting, so petty, and I felt money are not safe here anymore I stopped recomend it.

You sound like me back in early 2006 before I rage quit, what took you so long to figure it out!?!? :laugh:

It looks like you got your money out, so you don't have to worry about it now, go take a long break, go outside, do something else for a few years, just log in to keep your account active and see how it goes.

Its a game, its supposed to be fun, if you're not having fun then do something else that is fun. I found the more I had invested the more MA pissed me off because I had expectations of what I thought they should be doing for their customers/"investors". Not being invested and lowering my expectations has kept it carefree for me and more enjoyable. I bought into the whole "investor" RCE thing early on, then realized what a shoddy run company it was, so lowering my expectations to a really low level, and not being invested (very much) has helped me enjoy playing the game at a lower level. They could crash and burn tomorrow and it will be like water off a ducks back for me. I will just enjoy skilling and doing my little projects in the game when I am bored or not otherwise occupied IRL now and not let things happening in here get to me anymore. Its not worth it :)

You sound like me back in early 2006 before I rage quit, what took you so long to figure it out!?!? :laugh:

It looks like you got your money out, so you don't have to worry about it now, go take a long break, go outside, do something else for a few years, just log in to keep your account active and see how it goes.

Its a game, its supposed to be fun, if you're not having fun then do something else that is fun. I found the more I had invested the more MA pissed me off because I had expectations of what I thought they should be doing for their customers/"investors". Not being invested and lowering my expectations has kept it carefree for me and more enjoyable. I bought into the whole "investor" RCE thing early on, then realized what a shoddy run company it was, so lowering my expectations to a really low level, and not being invested (very much) has helped me enjoy playing the game at a lower level. They could crash and burn tomorrow and it will be like water off a ducks back for me. I will just enjoy skilling and doing my little projects in the game when I am bored or not otherwise occupied IRL now and not let things happening in here get to me anymore. Its not worth it :)

Thanks for kind advice. RCE aspect and playing for a living for some time was realy fun for me. It could be still like that, but enviroment especialy RL part provided by MA really changed. It's true that more you have ingame more you concerned about mentioned here things. I never had problem with that, and even accepted risks involbed. Just some 2 years ago things changed so much from MA side that it simply become not worth all those nerves involved.

No idea if thats intentional from MA. I bet more short term , financialy careless, semi casual palyers are better for their bussines than some realy involved serious investors with rich knowledge about game.

Back