Less active forums?

Has the activity on this forum gone down?

• Yes

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Same

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Hey all,

just got back from another of my away times due to IRL work etc.

I always enjoy the part to "read up" on what has happened in game whilst I been gone etc. But now I got a bit surprised as the last few days hanging around on the forum it feels like it is, well, not as populated as it used to be? I don't feel any lower population effects when I am in in game. Is it just me or has these forums quieted down?

People focus more on in game? Migrated to other forums? New players that don´t know about this forum?

Just curious

Derd

Whats the difference of "same" and "No" answers?

Whats the difference of "same" and "No" answers?

That is a very good question, was supposed to be Yes, No and Increased. Doh for being a mumble brain :(

Hi Derid,

Each of the other Planet Partners have dedicated and active Forums (I think the RT one is just about to be relaunched). I have posted here for 3 years and agree that the number of threads and posters has reduced. A lot has to do with too many whinning threads that players do not want to read. On top of this Rookie Chat has provided a more direct method of communication between players in the game. I also believe that some old forum users do not like some of the rules in force on this forum although I personally after 3 years realise the neccessity for such rules. ( I am mainly referring to people accused of scamming, accused being the operative word which has caused some problems.)

Needless to say there are still some great old and new posters on this forum and I am here on a daily basis as I work in the middle of no where and am forced to take a lunch break.

Hi Derid,

Each of the other Planet Partners have dedicated and active Forums (I think the RT one is just about to be relaunched). I have posted here for 3 years and agree that the number of threads and posters has reduced. A lot has to do with too many whinning threads that players do not want to read. On top of this Rookie Chat has provided a more direct method of communication between players in the game. I also believe that some old forum users do not like some of the rules in force on this forum although I personally after 3 years realise the neccessity for such rules. ( I am mainly referring to people accused of scamming, accused being the operative word which has caused some problems.)

Needless to say there are still some great old and new posters on this forum and I am here on a daily basis as I work in the middle of no where and am forced to take a lunch break.

I usually just filter out all the whining and complaints, or not true, some I read for comical relief and some to be informed about "issues" ppl have etc.

Tho, still a good bunch of ppl here and some good threads to read to get info etc.

It went down for a while, but on it's way up again, in my opinion... So really depends on compared to which time you mean :)

EDIT: I also think part of what would earlier go here on the forums are now being "discussed" in the rookie chat ingame instead?

I think there is less activity for a few reasons.

1. Due to the new universe wide Rookie chat channel a lot of questions get answered pretty quickly. Before someone with a question would have to try local or post something here.

2. There are other forums that are either planet specific or universe wide. Many have found a home there.

3. A lot of old timers may stop by and read these forums but not post because most of the topics are stuff we've seen before and talked about before. No real reason to get involved in a loot sucks thread or a where's my hof thread.

I'm sure if 711 is reading he could post a graph showing the trend of posts per day over the last few years. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Less things to moan about (most missing features are now back), hasnt been a VU in a while, this latest VU is pretty stable & there isn't an event on.

So less posting currently :)

It's less active because certain key posters moved on to Arkadia forum, putting a self imposed ban on Calypso related stuff.

Dont know if you remember, but there was a movement back when Arkadia launched that it was going to save Entropia and that their development team all rode pearl white horses that pooped diamonds and rainbows.

I don't browse this forum nearly as much as I used too....I find with the number of different forums there are, plus my own soc based forum, by the time I am done there is little time left for in game... something has to give......so for me.. its the planet forums...but as Caly will always be my home planet, I do try to keep on with this one more then the others....not counting the TKoE Forum of course :)

XZC

None of the reasons above are really plausible.

VHS dominated Beta because VHS was more popular / in existence?

The VU is 'pretty stable' over what? mentally unstable so hence we complain.

Or, this forum bans, excludes, and eliminates criticism, which is at the heart of a worthwhile online ( and offline ) platform.

Or, the game is simply not reaching out to the millions ( yes, millions ) of potential users who would flood this forum and the user's pockets.

It is easier to make excuses than solutions.

I think activity has dropped, but also not as many trolling these days so guess people who just posted to get a rise have moved on to somewhere else?
Also other planet forums will have had people drift over i guess.

Back